Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509598 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2010 on: March 13, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »
Used to play Battlefront II practically daily online before I switched computers.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2011 on: March 13, 2013, 03:40:25 pm »
Got the Arma 3 alpha, my computer should be able to run it. 3 ghz cpu and a gts 250 with 6 gig ram. But the game is soooooo fucking badly optimized, yet it has so much potential
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Distind

« Reply #2012 on: March 13, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »
It is an alpha. And it is an Arma game.

But given they have people paying for access to the alpha they should have the cash to finish cleaning it up eventually.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2013 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52:53 pm »
I have a sudden urge to play Arcanum, but I know I'll probably get burned out before I finish it. Again. I've really got to stop doing that with RPGs, I've built up quite an impressive library of the things where I'm quite familiar with the first half of the game but beyond that I've no clue what happens.

Whelp, I started again after all. Didn't manage to find revolver parts in the IFS Zephyr wreckage this time, which made life a little harder, but I still managed in the end. Got my firearms skill up halfway, with expert training and a home made fine revolver to go with it, all before I left Shrouded Hills.

Bullets are fucking expensive, though. I have to get the schematic to make my own as soon as bloody possible.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:43:06 am by Art Vandelay »

Distind

« Reply #2014 on: March 14, 2013, 09:03:27 am »
Shadowrun Returns Alpha footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiMjQwd2VE

Looks better than a number of released games I've seen recently. Looks pretty awesome on most counts honestly. /fanboy

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2015 on: March 14, 2013, 10:45:59 am »
The Pit is oddly fun! Rather have enjoyed it so far.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Saturn500

« Reply #2016 on: March 14, 2013, 01:24:32 pm »
Well, let's see, the games I've been playing a lot recently have been:

Etrian Odyssey IV (My first EO game, mapping everything out manually is way more fun than I expected)
Gradius V (Simply awesome)
Nano Assault EX (It's pretty good)
Space Invaders: Infinity Gene (I swear, I WILL finish Challenge mode one day)
Garry's Mod (Mostly Art of Parkour and Sandbox)
Knytt Underground (I finished it, the ending was pretty lame, albeit clever, and it's more about the journey, anyway, as is actually stated in-game)
Metal Torrent (Yes, even by shmup standards, it's short, but you're supposed to play for score anyway. Also, the three bosses only LOOK the same)

Maybe I play too many shmups? Nah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and that Ugly Baby game that was in the Potato Sack has been getting rather frequent updates lately. It's almost a completely different game now!

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2017 on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:29 pm »
I have a sudden urge to play Arcanum, but I know I'll probably get burned out before I finish it. Again. I've really got to stop doing that with RPGs, I've built up quite an impressive library of the things where I'm quite familiar with the first half of the game but beyond that I've no clue what happens.

Whelp, I started again after all. Didn't manage to find revolver parts in the IFS Zephyr wreckage this time, which made life a little harder, but I still managed in the end. Got my firearms skill up halfway, with expert training and a home made fine revolver to go with it, all before I left Shrouded Hills.

Bullets are fucking expensive, though. I have to get the schematic to make my own as soon as bloody possible.

Who needs guns? Just mind control people and lock them in a room somewhere (which is also great for robbing banks).
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2018 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:51 pm »
I just unlocked a fourth tier ship in star conflict, also unlocking more slots, modules and maps. Shit just got intense
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2019 on: March 14, 2013, 09:24:14 pm »

Who needs guns? Just mind control people and lock them in a room somewhere (which is also great for robbing banks).

When given the choice between tech and magic, it can only be tech. Picking magic really disagrees with my sensibilities.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2020 on: March 14, 2013, 09:38:03 pm »

When given the choice between tech and magic, it can only be tech. Picking magic really disagrees with my sensibilities.

You say that now. But when you get teleport...
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2021 on: March 14, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »

It's convenient, but I'd rather stick to my magnetic hat, healing jacket, two charged rings and charged repeater rifle. It doesn't get more badass than that.

Though I'll probably go with magic if I ever decide to do a thief run. Being able to teleport into locked rooms may or may not have a few minor benefits.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2022 on: March 14, 2013, 09:59:40 pm »

It's convenient, but I'd rather stick to my magnetic hat, healing jacket, two charged rings and charged repeater rifle. It doesn't get more badass than that.

Though I'll probably go with magic if I ever decide to do a thief run. Being able to teleport into locked rooms may or may not have a few minor benefits.

When you unlock a container magically, it stays unlocked forever. You can just visit a store you robbed after it restocks and take everything again with very little effort.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2023 on: March 14, 2013, 10:16:05 pm »

When you unlock a container magically, it stays unlocked forever. You can just visit a store you robbed after it restocks and take everything again with very little effort.

That's hilarious :D

More so since I'm trying to imagine what it would be like in universe.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2024 on: March 15, 2013, 02:40:47 am »
Maybe it only unlocks for the spellcaster?

So the owner can check the lock and everything is ok, but it keeps opening for the player.

Because otherwise it would be like looking at a safe door thats been blown off the and thinkoing. "Well, getting it fixed is expensive and I did like this safe so much... Maybe I'll keep storing my money here. It's not like the thief would come back for the fifth time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!