Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1506124 times)

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2295 on: April 19, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »
Temple of Baa?

"All hail the Divine Sheep, and his prophet Shaun!"

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #2296 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07:40 pm »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2297 on: April 19, 2013, 11:45:06 pm »
Temple of Baa?

"All hail the Divine Sheep, and his prophet Shaun!"

Don't laugh. That sheep has a nasty bite.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #2298 on: April 20, 2013, 02:08:30 pm »
Fuck you Canary Mary, I want that last Cheato page.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2299 on: April 20, 2013, 04:11:52 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Seriously, I am a master of rapid button pressing and I still couldn't get that page. Also, what the hell is Canary Mary? She's like a mentally ill woman who tried to dress as a bird and failed.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Saturn500

« Reply #2300 on: April 20, 2013, 05:43:11 pm »
Rubberband AI, ho!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2301 on: April 20, 2013, 06:48:49 pm »
Rubberband AI, ho!

The absolute worst example of it, too.

Punishes you for being perfect, punishes you for not being perfect enough.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #2302 on: April 20, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »
I did it! I used a spoon, left some slight scratches on my controller.

(click to show/hide)

Seriously, I am a master of rapid button pressing and I still couldn't get that page. Also, what the hell is Canary Mary? She's like a mentally ill woman who tried to dress as a bird and failed.

I wonder why she was left in the cage, if only I could put her back in.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2303 on: April 20, 2013, 10:51:50 pm »

(click to show/hide)

The trick is to use your index finger and make very light and rapid taps. Ignore your instinct to make harder taps, because then you'll be wasting valuable time drawing back your finger further than it needs to be. If you can get the technique right, you'll win by a surprisingly large distance.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2304 on: April 20, 2013, 10:56:13 pm »

(click to show/hide)

The trick is to use your index finger and make very light and rapid taps. Ignore your instinct to make harder taps, because then you'll be wasting valuable time drawing back your finger further than it needs to be. If you can get the technique right, you'll win by a surprisingly large distance.

That sounds reasonable. I know I won the first round by moving slowly at the beginning, then speeding up very quickly once we rounded a turn, preventing her from catching up. That wasn't working, second time around.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2305 on: April 20, 2013, 11:28:45 pm »
I saw one strategy which was to tap like a mad fucker and then pause the game to rest

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2306 on: April 21, 2013, 12:58:02 am »
Finally got my Warrior lady to 80 in GW2.  Of all the weapons I've used for 'em, and they've got a HUGE variety, nothing beats the classic sword-and-board for close-quarters combat.  Plus, there's just something...cool about how that looks, for me.  Giant swords and hammers are for people with no aiming abilities.  Also, traited out so I can use a longbow at double normal range, and I can almost out-distance my brother's Ranger, who's got a 50% longbow range boost.  Its skills also let me set things on fire, which is always fun.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Distind

« Reply #2307 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:18 am »
Finally got my Warrior lady to 80 in GW2.  Of all the weapons I've used for 'em, and they've got a HUGE variety, nothing beats the classic sword-and-board for close-quarters combat.  Plus, there's just something...cool about how that looks, for me.  Giant swords and hammers are for people with no aiming abilities.  Also, traited out so I can use a longbow at double normal range, and I can almost out-distance my brother's Ranger, who's got a 50% longbow range boost.  Its skills also let me set things on fire, which is always fun.
Bah, the sword and shield just took too damn long to use, give me big honking sword or give me swift death... that was pretty much how I played.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2308 on: April 21, 2013, 11:26:19 am »
Bah, the sword and shield just took too damn long to use, give me big honking sword or give me swift death... that was pretty much how I played.

I actually prefer dual wielding swords in games like that.  More damage output like two handers, but a lot faster.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2309 on: April 21, 2013, 11:23:13 pm »

I actually prefer dual wielding swords in games like that.  More damage output like two handers, but a lot faster.

Dunno if Warriors can go dual-wield with swords, but I know they can with axes...they call it point-blank AoE for a reason, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.