Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511643 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2475 on: May 15, 2013, 03:08:28 pm »
No?  Steam works fine for me too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Distind

« Reply #2476 on: May 15, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »
Love steam, more or less live through it at times.

But, anyone up for sucking our way through Neverwinter? Downloading it now while I fuck about with dinner. Though current DL rate puts me at 10 before it'll finish, let alone install...

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2477 on: May 15, 2013, 06:57:58 pm »
Eh, if some of you are giving it a go, I'll give it a go, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2478 on: May 15, 2013, 07:44:51 pm »
Problem is with never winter, it holds your hand until you get to the main city. Then it drops you in the middle of memo mayhem and is like "have fun, im fucking off now"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2479 on: May 15, 2013, 08:22:35 pm »
I feel like a bad (Minecraft) motherfucker, right now.  I built up my quantum armour, upgraded the chest to a gravity chest plate which, alongside making me effectively invincible and immune to fire (til it runs outta juice, of which it has 10x more than a regular quantum chest), allows me creative mode-like flight at the cost of power.

I went to the End, slaughtered the Ender Dragon, raped the End of a TON of resources (GregTech adds some useful ores and such to the End), and I'm now using the dragon's egg as an endless source of energy.

(Also, the GraviChest and dragon energy siphon are motherfucking EXPENSIVE AS HELL.)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2480 on: May 15, 2013, 09:16:44 pm »
I'm kinda disappointed that Dragonborn aren't already a race in Neverwinter.  I mean, hell, if that shitty Facebook game by the same name can have them, why not... eh.

I'll still give it a go.  If I only played games that had playable dragons on them, I would be limited to... Istaria.

...Yep, Istaria.  That's about it.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #2481 on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
Playing this new open beta MMO called neverwinter. I am quite impressed

I have a Rogue, a Wizard, and a Guardian Fighter, none higher than level 14. (Yes, I bought extra character slots.) I'm struggling with the Wizard, but the Rogue is amazing. (The GF is too low level to have a feel for yet. Seems good so far.)

I really like playing Foundry missions. Some people out there are way too creative. (I've also played some that left something to be desired, but oh well...)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2482 on: May 16, 2013, 01:48:02 am »
I'm kinda disappointed that Dragonborn aren't already a race in Neverwinter.  I mean, hell, if that shitty Facebook game by the same name can have them, why not... eh.

I'll still give it a go.  If I only played games that had playable dragons on them, I would be limited to... Istaria.

Well, in Dark Souls you can put on a dragon head and do this

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2483 on: May 16, 2013, 02:27:45 am »
...Guys, I'm sorry.  I can play Neverwinter, but as the first instance showed me (the one where you're storming the bridge) the game will slow down to a nearly unplayable crawl anytime action happens.  This is on the lowest (or near lowest) settings.

My computer just can't handle the game.  I'm sorry.

Well, in Dark Souls you can put on a dragon head and do this

Dude that's awesome.  Too bad there's no way my computer could ever handle that game >_<

I also know that you can fully change into a half-dragon, though this is less desirable.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2484 on: May 16, 2013, 02:40:38 am »
...Guys, I'm sorry.  I can play Neverwinter, but as the first instance showed me (the one where you're storming the bridge) the game will slow down to a nearly unplayable crawl anytime action happens.  This is on the lowest (or near lowest) settings.

My computer just can't handle the game.  I'm sorry.

My old computer would act like that on some games. Its pretty funny at times, but extremely annoying. That said, I have Neverwinter installed, but find its instance-only nature to be pretty boring without people to play with.
Who needs a signature?

Distind

« Reply #2485 on: May 16, 2013, 10:36:26 am »
It makes my machine somewhat unhappy as well, no real slow down, but my fan rarely works this hard. I'm going to take a wack at cleaning it out and see if I can find a class that interests me. Great weapon fighter didn't really manage.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2486 on: May 16, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »
I did try out two classes before I decided that I didn't need to inflict my hardware-enforced lack of reaction time on parties.

I tried out a Dwarf Devoted Cleric and a Tiefling Control Wizard.  Ironically, I'm thinking the Cleric is the funner caster.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2487 on: May 17, 2013, 12:33:59 pm »
For anyone following the Nintendo laying claim to ad revenue of people's videos of their games, this is definitely a must watch.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yX4io2O4EI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yX4io2O4EI</a>

Offline Sour Grapes

• Bishop
  • Brutally honest.
    • Ask Sour Grapes
« Reply #2488 on: May 17, 2013, 07:04:47 pm »
Love steam, more or less live through it at times.

But, anyone up for sucking our way through Neverwinter? Downloading it now while I fuck about with dinner. Though current DL rate puts me at 10 before it'll finish, let alone install...

I rather like Neverwinter.  It's rather enjoyable, though they several bosses who are That ONE Boss.  Usually they've either got BFW's (Big freaking weapons),  are undead with the ability to literally suck the HP out of you, tend to call huge groups of the heavy-hitters from the area attacks, or some combination of all three.

Also, if you've played Neverwinter Nights, and haven't exactly kept up with the lore, you tend to go "what happened to this town?!"

Are y'all going to start a guild?  It'd be cool to have an FSTDT guild on there.  I play Dragon server.  My Guardian fighter (which can block damn near anything as long as her stamina holds out) is Solunarus Risdine.

Control wizard is kind of hard to solo, I found the cleric a bit... WTF with wielding a holy symbol as a weapon, rogue is a lot of fun, and has the best hats until about level 30 or so, and I haven't tried Great Weapon Fighter yet.  There's also another class that may be coming out, later.  Probably Druid or Ranger.  There is another race coming out, too.  More than likely Drow.

Additionally, there seems to be race-based, and class based quests available in some areas.  If you're a half elf (or half-orc I would presume), for example, you can persuade a tribe of half-orcs to become Neverwinter's allies, which opens up at least one other quest path.  As a rogue you can get covert missions to either sabotage the local gangs, or ahem "reclaim" lost artifacts.  As a Guardian Fighter, you can join the Neverwinter Militia as a freelance corporal.  I've also seen seemingly random elf, dwarf, drow, and halfling characters that you can talk to, and some say pithy things about their particular race, but because you are NOT the right race, that's it.

This is why I suspect that the last race is going to be Drow.  Because A. you are unable to choose what kind of elf you can be in the character creation (which sucks) and B. I saw a "Mysterious Drow" in a couple of places.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:19:15 pm by Sour Grapes »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2489 on: May 17, 2013, 11:21:59 pm »