Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509823 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2940 on: July 27, 2013, 03:58:46 am »
Honestly, the only thing that makes the villages in Minecraft remotely useful are mods like Thaumcraft, Tinker's Construct, and Mystcraft.  Otherwise, villages are more along the lines of places for me to raid and nick all their goodies.  With mods, I've actually got some incentive to keep one or two of the bastards alive.

I was thinking about, in a SSP world, making a Direwolf20-style Railcraft villager sorting/breeding system, except I'll be a little less nice...by putting the undesirables thru a MFR grinder for their tasty, tasty essence.
The villages gave me the impression that Notch was just running out of ideas for updates and figured he could rip off the Millonaire (or however its spelled) mod and that'd do, only his version was vastly inferior in every way. Doesn't help that the villagers did literally nothing (they wouldn't even react to taking damage) until very recently.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2941 on: July 27, 2013, 04:46:53 am »
My wife said that now that she owns her first strategy guide, she's officially A Gamer.  I told her she earned that title when she nearly threw her 3DS, admitted that her game cheated, and jabbed a finger at a two-inch tall animated character while screaming, "**** YOU!  ****YOU!    AND **** YOU!  I hope you die screaming in a ****ing fire!"
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2942 on: July 27, 2013, 08:08:46 am »
Honestly, the only thing that makes the villages in Minecraft remotely useful are mods like Thaumcraft, Tinker's Construct, and Mystcraft.  Otherwise, villages are more along the lines of places for me to raid and nick all their goodies.  With mods, I've actually got some incentive to keep one or two of the bastards alive.

I was thinking about, in a SSP world, making a Direwolf20-style Railcraft villager sorting/breeding system, except I'll be a little less nice...by putting the undesirables thru a MFR grinder for their tasty, tasty essence.
The villages gave me the impression that Notch was just running out of ideas for updates and figured he could rip off the Millonaire (or however its spelled) mod and that'd do, only his version was vastly inferior in every way. Doesn't help that the villagers did literally nothing (they wouldn't even react to taking damage) until very recently.

Case in point: the Horse Update.  Thought, Dr. Zhark, from what I can recall, actually works with Mojang, now.  Shit, the only good mod ripoff Mojang did was the hoppers they stole from BuildCraft, which actually brought a small element of actual, proper fucking automation to Minecraft that didn't require an ungodly amount of redstone and/or piston work.

Just so long as they stay the hell away from XyCraft and Mystcraft.  Those two, most especially, are far too awesome to merit Mojang fucking them up with a shitty ripoff.  Fuck, I'm half-tempted to just remove the cow sounds from my game entirely, because I can't describe how much I HATE how they sound, nowadays.  Its, like...actually, properly disgusting.  Though, I now have less than zero problems breeding them for automated slaughter.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2943 on: July 27, 2013, 11:27:45 am »
My wife said that now that she owns her first strategy guide, she's officially A Gamer.  I told her she earned that title when she nearly threw her 3DS, admitted that her game cheated, and jabbed a finger at a two-inch tall animated character while screaming, "**** YOU!  ****YOU!    AND **** YOU!  I hope you die screaming in a ****ing fire!"

That post just made my day. Thank you.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2944 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27:21 pm »

Your wife is hilariously awesome!

wrightway

« Reply #2945 on: July 27, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »

That is awesome!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2946 on: July 27, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »
(click to show/hide)

brb, dying.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #2947 on: July 27, 2013, 03:00:18 pm »
Oh lord, the bitching about how shadowrun could not possibly have cost 2 million to make has begun. Nevermind a fully featured editor, secondary campaign, and pile of random other crap associated with that money.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2948 on: July 27, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »

Your wife is hilariously awesome!

Thanks.  I take full credit for getting her addicted to games.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2949 on: July 27, 2013, 09:31:13 pm »
I will point out I play with survival off.  New Vegas I will say  has a better mmorality system.  We really need to get out of black and white and I'm glad NV had the faction system and the 4 main ones in particular ncr legion house and yourself

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2950 on: July 27, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »
I really wish Skyrim had taken a page from New Vegas and had the option of taking over Skyrim for yourself.  You're the fucking Dragonborn.  By all rights, Skyrim should be your's for the ruling.

Ironbite-cause seriously, Imperial and Stormcloak can both suck my Argonian tail.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2951 on: July 27, 2013, 10:51:37 pm »
Or what I wanted was an opportunity to improve Ulfric's racist mind.  Like in NV you can get NCR (in fact this is what I did) to play nice with the Khans and Kings.  As a Dunnmer I wanted him to be nicer to non Nords. 

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2952 on: July 27, 2013, 11:10:59 pm »
Or what I wanted was an opportunity to improve Ulfric's racist mind.  Like in NV you can get NCR (in fact this is what I did) to play nice with the Khans and Kings.  As a Dunnmer I wanted him to be nicer to non Nords.
I like to believe canon will have a non-Nord, non-Imperial Dragonborn and his views will soften due to this Dragonborn working with him (I play as a female Khajiit) on my main.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2953 on: July 27, 2013, 11:13:40 pm »
What I want is the ability to unite the Empire and the Stormcloaks under the same banner and kill every single Thalmor.

I would also love it if what ultimately did the Thalmor in was an Altmer resistance infiltrating them and destroying them from the inside.

I wonder how many Black Sacraments have been performed towards the leader(s) of the Thalmor?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2954 on: July 28, 2013, 12:09:54 am »
So Fez II got canceled and Phil Fish is apparently quitting game development. I want to say "and nothing of value was lost" because Fish is only doing this because he's a colossal douche and got called an asshole (which he is) by some random podcast host, but, by all accounts, Fez is a great game.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:38:26 am by Wolf Lord Waldorf X »
Who needs a signature?