Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509338 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2970 on: July 29, 2013, 12:55:23 am »
I like Moira and even though some of her quests are insane it is totally worth it to do them. (And you meet people who read the book. Either they thank you for a useful book and reward you or if you did poorly or gave bad answers on purpose people on the radio will be warning about the book, telling not to trust it.) Also, it's the longest sidequest in the game. (Not going to spoil it any more though.)

And I love reading about Syaraonvees experiences with the game since it seems so cute that he is only now playing the game and finding the things I did few years ago. :)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2971 on: July 29, 2013, 12:56:37 am »
Ah yes, I remember Moira and her insane quests. I remember thinking "WTF, LADY!" every time she sent me on something. Though I have to say, once I got the hang of playing, the Minefield was actually pretty fun. Once I learned how to disarm a mine without having it blow up in my face, running around and disarming the things while staying behind cover from the crazy old dude with the sniper rifle was a fun little challenge. Then I rewarded myself with the sniper rifle after, which I pried from his cold, dead hands. Satisfying!  ;D

Not as satisfying as disarming those mines, and then pick pocketing someone.  and then placing an active mine in their pocket and running away. *evil smile*
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2972 on: July 29, 2013, 01:00:44 am »
Ah yes, I remember Moira and her insane quests. I remember thinking "WTF, LADY!" every time she sent me on something. Though I have to say, once I got the hang of playing, the Minefield was actually pretty fun. Once I learned how to disarm a mine without having it blow up in my face, running around and disarming the things while staying behind cover from the crazy old dude with the sniper rifle was a fun little challenge. Then I rewarded myself with the sniper rifle after, which I pried from his cold, dead hands. Satisfying!  ;D

Not as satisfying as disarming those mines, and then pick pocketing someone.  and then placing an active mine in their pocket and running away. *evil smile*

True, that is far more satisfying. I had the most fun doing this with the swampfolk of point Lookout. They run around slapping their asses and screaming "Pineapple! Pineapple!" before they blow up. It was hilariously nonsensical.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2973 on: July 29, 2013, 01:31:25 am »
I really hope The Last of Us is as good as they say.

Just be prepared for a challenge. I'm playing on Normal, and there's parts that make me want to kill myself in frustration. Seriously, half a dozen retries or more. It takes a ton of forethought and caution.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2974 on: July 29, 2013, 01:32:20 am »
I'm always prepared anyhow.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2975 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:43 am »
After finally reaching the town of Megaton, tetanus capital of the world once again, I meet a....off store owner by the name of Moira who gives me a reinforced vault 101 suit and sends me off to work on a "survival guide" she wants to do.  So off to a food mart a little ways into the wasteland which turns into a bandit trap.  Bandits everywhere, even the robot inside the store I started up didn't do much to help.  Eventually, I find food and bring my crippled ass back to Moira who tells me to get radiated.  Welp, there's a giant bomb in the middle of town let's try there.  (1)

Sitting here in front of a atomic bomb like a dumbass and listening to the guy behind me babble on about the Church of Atom makes me wonder if killing the guy who wanted to blow the place was actually in the wrong.

After getting over 600 in rad, I end up getting Moira's concoction which allows me regenerate my limbs if I'm heavily radiated. Joy! I'm a X-Men now!  Afterwords,  she's tells me it's time to WALK THROUGH A MINEFIELD. (2)  I have the sneaking suspicion this woman is trying to off me.

We finally make it to town(3) after a long walk and watching ants fight a giant scorpion.  So let's look for some mines.  Apparently, crouching at a mine like in Metal Gear Solid doesn't work here as I have one blow up in my face. (4)  Also tripping balls now, as everything on screen is blurring the hell.  Is that gunfir- HOLY SHIT(5).  Welp, I'm almost dead now that THE RANDOM CAR IN FRONT OF ME EXPLODED.

Is....is that a person shooting at that car up there?(6)

(7)
Word of advice. There's a gun in the game called the Railway Rifle. All I will say on the matter is that it's the greatest thing ever, and you should make it your #1 priority to find and acquire this weapon, by any means necessary.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2976 on: July 29, 2013, 04:58:18 am »
By Railway Rifle he actually means Rock-It Launcher.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2977 on: July 29, 2013, 05:03:09 am »
No, he means Dart Gun.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2978 on: July 29, 2013, 05:12:12 am »
No he means Shish-Ka-Bob.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2979 on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:52 am »
Started playing Dead Space 2 again, periodically pausing to wipe the cold sweat from my palms. I now have lightning reflexes and can keep a stoic expression in the face of any and all sudden terror.

My favorite horror game!  When things go bump in the night, you bump back, after you jump out of your seat, that it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #2980 on: July 29, 2013, 05:27:35 am »
No he means Chinese Assault Rifle. Reasonably large magazine, good damage, PLENTIFUL ammo. I was an unstoppable god with that bastard and 60 in Small Guns.

Started playing Dead Space 2 again, periodically pausing to wipe the cold sweat from my palms. I now have lightning reflexes and can keep a stoic expression in the face of any and all sudden terror.

My favorite horror game!  When things go bump in the night, you bump back, after you jump out of your seat, that it.

I sleep with my extremities under my blankets and my little Maltese-Shitzu by my side now.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2981 on: July 29, 2013, 07:03:25 am »
I love my CAR but I prefer the nuke option. :3

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2982 on: July 29, 2013, 10:35:13 am »
MOIRA

I loved that cheery bitch
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2983 on: July 29, 2013, 01:10:09 pm »
Ah Moira she was probably my favorite character from Fallout 3 besides Harold and Charon, but yeah when I did that quest I spent about three days trying to figure out where all the shots were coming from when I went to Minefield. BTW when you get a chance and you aren't playing an evil character go to Paradise Falls and kill all the guys there cause I hate slavers.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2984 on: July 29, 2013, 01:18:50 pm »
Ah Moira she was probably my favorite character from Fallout 3 besides Harold and Charon, but yeah when I did that quest I spent about three days trying to figure out where all the shots were coming from when I went to Minefield. BTW when you get a chance and you aren't playing an evil character go to Paradise Falls and kill all the guys there cause I hate slavers.

And don't forget the jerks holed up in the Lincoln memorial.