Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508053 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3465 on: October 06, 2013, 02:48:59 pm »
I didn't realize this until yesterday, but apparently, the Speed upgrade for the force armour from the DartCraft mod for Minecraft not only increases your walking/running speed, but your mining speed, too.  I can mine redstone with my bare fucking hands!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3466 on: October 07, 2013, 03:48:05 pm »
How to describe playing Artemis ship bridge simulator...

The Helmsman wants to know the next bearing while the communications officer is shouting about two calls for immediate assistance by friendly forces, the science officer screams about the seven approaching enemies even as word comes from engineering that we are out of power and half the repair teams are dead through all this the weapons officer is demanding MORE NUKES!

I sit in the captain's chair (technically a couch but I have a wide ass) sipping my drink before calmly but sharply announcing my next orders.

Ok, that was a bit of an exaggeration, the engineers were all alive at the time, we did lose them a couple times though.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3467 on: October 07, 2013, 04:49:41 pm »
In other news, I'm really loving Terraria 1.2. A bit grindy, but highly satisfying, once you have a shiny new set of gear and a badass mountain fort to call home.

I kind of wish they'd added the new ores and the crimson as separate things rather than just random-chance replacements for the old ores and the corruption. I mean, I guess it's cool to have some variation depending on your world, but some of the items require certain materials that you just can't get without the corruption biome.

The new bosses and various items are pimp, though. Same with the silt/slush actually being useful. For a free update, they've really added a lot to the game.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3468 on: October 08, 2013, 10:56:06 am »
The new bosses and various items are pimp, though. Same with the silt/slush actually being useful. For a free update, they've really added a lot to the game.
That they are. Personally, I can wait to face the Queen Bee. Loot drops of up to three different kinds of weaponised bees. What could be better?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3469 on: October 08, 2013, 03:39:58 pm »
That they are. Personally, I can wait to face the Queen Bee. Loot drops of up to three different kinds of weaponised bees. What could be better?

Weaponized bees that are on fire?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3470 on: October 08, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »
POKEMON X/Y THIS SATURDAY!  GET YOU SOME!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #3471 on: October 08, 2013, 05:55:33 pm »
Fucking Threshers in Borderlands 2.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3472 on: October 08, 2013, 06:04:44 pm »
I'm dreading facing them on True Vault Hunter mode.

Ironbite-they were a pain in the ass without a vehicle in normal.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3473 on: October 08, 2013, 06:48:34 pm »

I found the Queen Bee pretty easy to beat, mostly because I didn't fight her until I'd worked my way up through the weapons and armor. The water bolt makes pretty much any boss other than the Wall of Flesh way too easy.

Along with the bee loot, you also get a new NPC who sells a new crafting station once you defeat her.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3474 on: October 08, 2013, 07:10:57 pm »
Playing thru Pokemon FireRed, and I gotta say, Lavender Town is...pretty god damned dark.  The whole fucking game is a hell of a lot darker and weirder than I'd expected.  I have a new found hatred for Team Rocket, and pull out my Charizard, Burne, whenever I find one of the fuckers and beat their asses like helpless children.  I just wish it had a Lost Silver-like option that'd let me feed certain bastards to my Pokemon.  Giovanni would be Charizard shit by now.

Also, I named my rival DOUCHE.  Yes, in all caps.  "This is my grandson, DOUCHE!"
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3475 on: October 08, 2013, 07:16:48 pm »
POKEMON X/Y THIS SATURDAY!  GET YOU SOME!

Once I'm done (mostly) with the Black version. And no, I'm not getting Black 2 and finishing that too.

Also, expect me to be playing Animal Crossing New Leaf a whole bunch. Let alone how happy I am that it is one of the very few games out there with transgender representation (i.e. you can now wear any masculine and feminine clothing regardless of gender). No kidding.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3476 on: October 08, 2013, 09:13:55 pm »
Penumbra: Overture?

Why not.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3477 on: October 08, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »
CCome on Saturday

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3478 on: October 08, 2013, 10:57:47 pm »
I'm tempted to try SWTOR out despite the overall hatred the internet has for F2P/P2W games.

Anything I should be concerned about?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3479 on: October 09, 2013, 12:47:55 am »
One forumite said she was okay with it but I tried it out and turned it off with how much they keep behind the paywall