Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507088 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4770 on: July 24, 2014, 05:10:01 am »
You know what's a lot of fun? Losing several hours worth of progress because you forgot the game you're playing doesn't have autosave. Real fucking joy, that.

I hate doing that.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4771 on: July 24, 2014, 09:25:03 am »
I've been playing a lot of an old favourite of mine, NightCaster.  I think it was the very first game I ever played on the original Xbox, and its every bit as fun as I remember.  Good, old-fashioned Gauntlet-style killing things with ever more awesome magic.  Remember when wizards had their squishiness offset by just how world-killingly awesome they could become?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.

And Pepperidge Farm has plans...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4772 on: July 25, 2014, 02:37:01 am »
You know what's a lot of fun? Losing several hours worth of progress because you forgot the game you're playing doesn't have autosave. Real fucking joy, that.

I hate doing that.

This, so much...

By the same token, getting yourself stuck in an unwinnable situation because you accidentally saved over your failsafe save.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4773 on: July 25, 2014, 08:45:49 am »
Done that before.  Of course, I never, EVER start over or go earlier back.  I keep on going until I either succeed or give up in frustration.  Mostly the former.  Why?  Well, let's just say that people who claim the Leeroy Jenkins Approach isn't the end-all be-all of gaming strategy just aren't doing it properly.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4774 on: July 25, 2014, 11:41:28 am »
I remember once in Call of Duty 2 the game autosaved (or I saved it I forget which) litterally a fraction of a second before a tank shell insta-killed me as I was exiting the game, so every time I loaded up my save to continue on I died immediately and then when the game put me back to the last checkpoint/savepoint because I'd died I'd just die immediately again.

It was my only save file.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4775 on: July 25, 2014, 11:55:39 am »
Done that before.  Of course, I never, EVER start over or go earlier back.  I keep on going until I either succeed or give up in frustration.  Mostly the former.  Why?  Well, let's just say that people who claim the Leeroy Jenkins Approach isn't the end-all be-all of gaming strategy just aren't doing it properly.

On STALKER Lost Alpha, I managed to save scum my way through a pitch black night gunfight against the military to get the documents at Agroprom. I would kill a few guys, move up, save, die, load, repeat. Took probably an hour to get in and out.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4776 on: July 25, 2014, 11:57:18 am »

On STALKER Lost Alpha, I managed to save scum my way through a pitch black night gunfight against the military to get the documents at Agroprom. I would kill a few guys, move up, save, die, load, repeat. Took probably an hour to get in and out.

I've done that in so many games I can't even count them all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4777 on: July 25, 2014, 01:02:39 pm »
I save scum pickpocket attempts in Skyrim.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4778 on: July 25, 2014, 02:45:52 pm »
I save scum pickpocket attempts in Skyrim.

Me too, I've even done it with picking locks and when I grind by going on giant hunting sprees (as in hunting giants, not very large hunts) .  I also do it a lot in Civ 5 just before and during wars.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4779 on: July 25, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »
XCOM: EW just gave me a recruit called Klaus Kraus. fucking perfect name, and of course he's german.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4780 on: July 26, 2014, 12:17:24 am »
XCOM: EW just gave me a recruit called Klaus Kraus. fucking perfect name, and of course he's german.

What was he going to be, French?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4781 on: July 26, 2014, 12:19:31 am »

What was he going to be, French?

He could be. There's a lot of ethnic German people in Alsace-Lorraine.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4782 on: July 26, 2014, 05:10:56 am »
Could've been Austrian.  Or Czech.  Possibly even Swiss.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4783 on: July 26, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »
Just been playing the Destiny beta on the Xbox 360 (I'm not rich enough for one of the new consoles yet :().  My review of it so far:

First vist to the player hub "The Tower" - I accidentally made my male robot character sit down which caused another, male, player character to run over and give my character a lap dance, after which I then took part in a several minute long synconrised group dance party followed by an impromptu game of football (soccer).

10/10

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #4784 on: July 26, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
Just been playing the Destiny beta on the Xbox 360 (I'm not rich enough for one of the new consoles yet :().  My review of it so far:

First vist to the player hub "The Tower" - I accidentally made my male robot character sit down which caused another, male, player character to run over and give my character a lap dance, after which I then took part in a several minute long synconrised group dance party followed by an impromptu game of football (soccer).

10/10

I'd love to play Destiny, but as far as I can tell they're not making it for PC apparently they are making it for the PC, with the release date rumored to be around March.

I haven't really looked into it that much though, so could someone kinda sum it up for me? As far as I can tell it's some kind of FPS MMO.