Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507331 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5235 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:18 pm »
But it has a sick remix of Born to Be Wild.

Shame they didn't do straight parody of sci-fi again like Blood Dragon.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:11:01 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5236 on: November 17, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »
Far cry 4 is just 3 in a different setting

No shit sherlock.

Ironbite-like they'd mess with that winning formula.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5237 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:18 pm »
Just blasted my way through the first level of the Ultimate Torment and Torture, and I've noticed a few things.

Classes just seem to be little more than a cosmetic thing, with them only determining your starting weapon and health. Outside of that, the classes are all but the same Doomguy with different models.

The boss(es) of the level is laughable when one compares it to the Cyberdemon and hordes of Barons you have to fight earlier in the level. All they are is two black Mancubi with a new attack that went down in the space of a minute. It's quite hilarious, really.

In addition, I've decided to begin modding. A couple of weapons, nothing major.

For those Doomers among us, the UAC M4 Pulse Rifle lies below. It's nothing more than a Super Shotgun replacement that uses the sprite of the shotgun and uses the same ammo. While far more accurate, it's not nearly as powerful as either Shotgun ( To put it in perspective, the shotgun does 4 damage per pellet, whereas the Pulse Rifle does 2) and chews through your supply of shells.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:53:13 pm by Second Coming of Madman »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5238 on: November 18, 2014, 07:18:44 am »
I decided to try out 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 doors. So far, it's basically Saw 2 as a visual novel.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5239 on: November 18, 2014, 07:24:51 am »
I decided to try out 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 doors. So far, it's basically Saw 2 as a visual novel.

That was actually one of the selling points for me.  What killed it though was the linear approach to solving puzzles.  At one point, I needed certain numbers to unlock the door.  I figured it out pretty fast (A first for me in this game), but I still had to spend the next 10 minutes searching for all the #^$#%^ pages with the numbers before I could officially solve it.  I stopped at that point.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5240 on: November 18, 2014, 08:34:08 am »
Ive got 2 months of WoW time so I decided to try warlords.

Ironbite- I might be hooked

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5241 on: November 18, 2014, 02:08:05 pm »

The Garrisons are surprising fun to work on and what I've played so far is great (finished Shadowmoon Valley on my Alliance server, working on Frostfire Ridge on my Horde server).
Who needs a signature?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5242 on: November 18, 2014, 05:00:23 pm »

I'm tempted, I won't lie.  That said, if my guild leader and our badass kitty DPS ain't playin', there's no point.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5243 on: November 18, 2014, 05:09:54 pm »

The Garrisons are surprising fun to work on and what I've played so far is great (finished Shadowmoon Valley on my Alliance server, working on Frostfire Ridge on my Horde server).

I've played a bit on my wife's account. The garrison IS fun although there still is a lot in the game that I do not like and the price of the expansion does not seem worth going back to WoW. (Particularly since I'll probably get bored after I've seen the storyline and the garrison is just pure grinding with nothing new left to see.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5244 on: November 18, 2014, 05:54:35 pm »
Alrighty, another weapon replacement. This one is for the BFG, and I consider one of my best ones yet. This went through several iterations, one of which was the subject of a recent post in "Things that Annoys You".   

The USSMC Rail Scattergun shoots two bolts of superheated depleted uranium at high speed (It has been confirmed through lab tests on Mormons that the gun itself is capable of inducing cardiac arrest on sight) and with high accuracy. In essence, it's really scary.

Careful where you point this thing, kid. You'll shoot your buddy's eye out!

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5245 on: November 18, 2014, 07:50:16 pm »
I wish they hadn't delayed GTA V for the computer. It would've come out today. Oh well, let's just hope this means it gets something like 64 player servers or something.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5246 on: November 21, 2014, 08:59:06 am »
And now, a affirmation of my undying love for MarkIV's fetid deathspawn Brutal Doom.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBs18HUZik" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBBs18HUZik</a>
In what other mods can you punch a demon in the face until his HUGE GUTS spill on the floor?

Where else can you contemplate the ripped-off face of your shotgun-wielding foes?

Where else can you can rip off a Mancubi's fucking arm cannon off and use it on your unwitting foes?

It is a mod where melee is the best option for combat, a mod where one literally paints the walls red with the blood of thy enemies, the mod where you are death-on-swift-wings coming for those in your way and ripping the fuck out of all in your way.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:02:22 am by Second Coming of Madman »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5247 on: November 21, 2014, 12:49:15 pm »
I wish they hadn't delayed GTA V for the computer. It would've come out today. Oh well, let's just hope this means it gets something like 64 player servers or something.

GTA IV's release was so buggy that Steam offered refunds (which they almost never do). I don't think they want a repeat of that.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5248 on: November 21, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »
I think I've won the Doom arms race. One of the new weapons in my personal weapons replacement mod is a missile launcher that shoots a missile that is both a ripper and seeking missile which allow me to kill multiple enemies with one rocket.

And then use the splash damage to kill anything surviving.

Quite fond of it myself.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5249 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29:00 pm »
Due to Madman I installed Brutal Doom. (And after struggling a while I even got it working.)

...It is suprisingly disturbing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!