Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550220 times)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1620 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:43 pm »
We tend to treat only dating people you have oppressive power over as creepy, right?

A cis person who only dates trans people is probably a chaser.

An abled person who only dates disabled people is a creep and probably a fetishist

A thin person who dates only fat people and excludes other thin people as potential partners is creepy and probably has a fetish.

A white person who doesn’t date other white people but dates people of color is also a creep and is probably acting on a fetish.

Why, then, do we act like a man who exclusively seeks women as partners to the exclusion of other men is acting on an immutable preference? Why does he get the benefit of the doubt that he is not acting on a fetishized belief of what women are? Why is having a strong preference for partners down this specific power dynamic considered natural and beyond challenge?

Why is the word for this kind of man “heterosexual” or “straight” and not “creepy dude who only dates women”?

That hurt me deep inside

What about a white woman who only dates black men going out with a black man that only dates white women?

Who is the creeper in that scenario?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1621 on: October 04, 2013, 06:43:14 pm »
We tend to treat only dating people you have oppressive power over as creepy, right?

An abled person who only dates disabled people is a creep and probably a fetishist

A thin person who dates only fat people and excludes other thin people as potential partners is creepy and probably has a fetish.

A white person who doesn’t date other white people but dates people of color is also a creep and is probably acting on a fetish.

Why, then, do we act like a man who exclusively seeks women as partners to the exclusion of other men is acting on an immutable preference? Why does he get the benefit of the doubt that he is not acting on a fetishized belief of what women are? Why is having a strong preference for partners down this specific power dynamic considered natural and beyond challenge?

Why is the word for this kind of man “heterosexual” or “straight” and not “creepy dude who only dates women”?

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1622 on: October 04, 2013, 07:20:15 pm »
http://animalrights101.tumblr.com/post/63025999261/animal-rights-terms-to-know

Go home PETA, you are drunk.

veg-tastic
Follow

I don’t know whether I want to go to this club called “Animal Advocates” or not. They sound like speciesism advocates to me because all they do is help out shelter dogs and cats… But I could join and see if they would do anything for other animals. Hmm

Goddammit PETA. You can tell she's a PETA by the fact that her home page has their mascot as the mouse representative.

What really bugs me about the Chick-fil-a advertizing is that it assumes the cows would willingly point humans toward eating another sentient being to save themselves. I just think that real cows wouldn’t throw another living being/species under the bus like that (I think they’d be smart enough to suggest plant foods).

The humans that created these ads give agency to the cows (a cruel-intentioned agency) while erasing the agency of the animal they are selling. It’s sick that the premise of the whole ad campaign is a fight for survival, a competition to make the other animal appear more appetizing.

And it’s disturbing that the ads make USE of animals’ awareness of their situation (eventual death and consumption), but no one takes it seriously enough to think, gee, maybe EVERY animal would rather not be eaten at all? No no. These ads aren’t actually SERIOUSLY positing such agency and will to live. That would be absurd!

But it isn’t simply an ad ploy, it’s representative of deep cultural speciesism, consumerism, and cut-throat competition.

I do know most animals would rather not be eaten. Its a simple matter of I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.

And wow, they think cows are smart. Cows. Smart.

THE FACT THAT THERE IS SPECIESISM IN THIS VEGAN HOUSEHOLD REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS.

There are no words. It just reminds me of Christian Fundamentalists raging about "ATHEISM IN THIS CHRISTIAN HOUSEHOLD!"

Lions are king of the jungle?

I don’t remember how this idea came to me, but it seems odd.

First off, Googling “lions aren’t king of the jungle” tells you that most lions live in open savannahs, which means tigers should hold the true title.

Secondly, and actually the main idea that got me thinking was: why the fuck do humans think there has to be a ruler for everything?

Lions and tigers may be some of the biggest predators, but it certainly doesn’t make them above the other animals. They’re all part of the same system. If the smaller animals ceased to exist, so would the bigger ones.

Yes, I understand that “king of the jungle” is a silly phrase that shouldn’t be taken so seriously. But for some reason, carnists (often male) like to compare themselves to lions and tigers. They see lions as majestic, powerful, and dominating. Many humans want to be synonymous with being the biggest, fastest, toughest and simply the best.

Predatory animals have no intention of asserting dominance upon their prey. They’re doing what every other animal is trying to do. Survive. Certainly they do it without taking more than what they need. Humans don’t fall in that category. We’re not made to be predatory animals, and we often take more than we need.

We’re living in a time when treating animals as food and objects is unnecessary for the majority, but is still rampant because “mmmm bacon”. If it’s not a requirement for our survival, then I submit to the court that it is cruel and unjust to treat any sentient being with any less respect than the person reading this post deserves. 

Domination is oppression. Everything that I’ve learned as a child is that control over someone isn’t an admirable trait. The problem is that we’re also taught that other animals aren’t someone. We’re taught that even though we accept domesticated animals in our homes, they belong to us. If you oppose to that last sentence because you love your companion animal, but are not vegan, dig down deep and ponder why you think pigs are less important than dogs.

Fuck oppression. Fuck discrimination. Fuck carnists.

In conclusion, lions aren’t the king of the jungle.

PETA Grunt responds to silly old turn of phrase with five paragraph essay on how I and others like me are very bad people for eating what we like.

lord crunkington III ‏@postcrunk

we are the animals that forgot we were animals

You are the idiot who forgot he was an idiot.

Combating speciesism has to be done in series. It seems that humans need to be introduced to justice in small doses lest they get scared, even among our own species. I speak of American history because it is the culture I grew up in and know the most about. First, it was Native American rights (still under contention), then African-American rights (still under contention), then women’s rights (still under contention), and currently LGBTQA+ rights (still. under. contention.).

India has started with granting personhood to dolphins, whales, and porpoises. Australia and New Zealand have done the same with nonhuman apes. Perhaps globalizing those rights is our first baby step. It is hard for those who already support all encompassing animal rights. They all want to connect with each other. However, our scarce numbers usually restrict this to public social networks where people who need baby steps are prematurely exposed to our so-called “extreme” ideas and are scared off before any progress can be made. Unfortunately, not much can be done about this issue. Without unity and communication, there is no movement.

If anything is to be taken away from my ramble, it is this. Whale, dolphin, porpoise, and ape rights are our key to the general public as well as the global political sphere. They are humanity’s first baby step.

So do explain what you, oh brave Animal Liberty Activist, have done for your so called screed. I find Dolphin rights particularly hilarious given how rapey Dolphins are.

I think the nuts and bolts of the matter (speaking of speciesism in general) is that these animals do not belong to us. They belong to themselves, just as we belong to ourselves.

And we play God every single day of our lives in every facet of our lives. It’s going to come back to us, one way or another.

No, no, no. And no.

So, what, are the chickens going to grab one of the Ku Klux Klan's death rays and go on the atta-

Inspiration for a Syfy original movie just hit me; Revenge of the Chickens.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #1623 on: October 04, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »
The anti straight person better be a Poe.

And PETA standsfor People Eating Tasty Animals.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1624 on: October 04, 2013, 08:40:14 pm »

Gee, why indeed. Maybe it's the extensive evidence that for the majority of the population, there's a very powerful inborn preference for one gender over the other? And thus men who exclusively date women are not acting out a desire for oppression but rather looking for people they'd be willing to be in a relationship with?

This is without even getting into the fact that society actively punishes men who have romantic relationships with other men.

Challenge the heteronormative paradigm, if you want to. That is certainly a worthwhile endeavour. But you will never succeed in that challenge if you live in denial of the root causes of that paradigm. Opposite-sex relationships did not become the cultural default by coincidence.
Σא

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1625 on: October 04, 2013, 10:04:14 pm »
They do know Peta kills most cats and dogs they get their hands and they openly admit this right?

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1626 on: October 06, 2013, 12:08:06 pm »
I am convinced Peta is a strawman created by the beef industry. 

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1627 on: October 06, 2013, 05:28:59 pm »
Apparently, they're actually allies of a group called the ALF, which is a terrorist group. They muster funds for the trials of ALF members, and try to help them make bail. Yes, they abet and aid known terrorists, and they haven't had a Drone visit their building.

In the mean time, I will just be laughing about Speciesism and Carnist.

The former sounds painfully artificial and hard to say seriously. The latter sounds like the name of a metal band.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1628 on: October 06, 2013, 06:37:41 pm »
Apparently, they're actually allies of a group called the ALF, which is a terrorist group. They muster funds for the trials of ALF members, and try to help them make bail. Yes, they abet and aid known terrorists, and they haven't had a Drone visit their building.

The former sounds painfully artificial and hard to say seriously. The latter sounds like the name of a metal band.

The best part is that the ALF attacks places that do animal testing, including medical research. The vice president of PETA has diabetes and treats it with insulin harvested from pigs.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1629 on: October 06, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »
Bulls.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #1630 on: October 06, 2013, 08:46:22 pm »

The best part is that the ALF attacks places that do animal testing, including medical research. The vice president of PETA has diabetes and treats it with insulin harvested from pigs.

Sure about that? I thought that just about everybody was on recombinant DNA produced insulin (gene splicing bacteria) these days.

Of course, I really wouldn't be surprised to hear that the head of PETA is a hypocrite about this.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1631 on: October 06, 2013, 09:31:25 pm »

This is not okay.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1632 on: October 06, 2013, 09:51:18 pm »
Their logic does not combloodypute.

I wanna smack 'em.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #1633 on: October 06, 2013, 10:37:26 pm »

You know, I honestly have to ask if these people have ever actually be in any kind of relationship with the opposite sex because by that definition I've raped my wife several thousand times by now.
And believe me, if I raped my wife she'd cut my balls off and shove them down my throat while making jokes about whether I was going to bleed out or asphyxiate first.

Then there are all those times she parades her naked ass past me on her way to the bedroom in the middle of the day and gives me the look. There is no actual talking involved so I'm assuming consent which I guess makes me a rapist (although her saying fuck me please apparently doesn't change anything anyways).

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1634 on: October 06, 2013, 11:13:23 pm »
The emoticons just... make me... want to... DESTROY.