Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550158 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2340 on: January 18, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »

I never thought I'd see the day where every sexuality is insulted in one post.

Let's hope this person is a Poe.

*I was originally going to replace my last post with this one but since there was a response I'm making a new one.

......anyone got a desk I could break?

Ironbite-kinda out over here.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2341 on: January 18, 2014, 07:21:37 pm »

I never thought I'd see the day where every sexuality is insulted in one post.

Let's hope this person is a Poe.

*I was originally going to replace my last post with this one but since there was a response I'm making a new one.

......anyone got a desk I could break?

Ironbite-kinda out over here.

Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2342 on: January 18, 2014, 07:22:44 pm »
Thanks.

Ironbite-*headdesks*

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2343 on: January 18, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »
Here's the bill for the president's desk by the way.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2344 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
Yeah, that was a headdesk worthy post.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2345 on: January 18, 2014, 11:11:11 pm »
Then you may as well argue that the word 'fag' in any of the common 'definitons' is an etymological fallacy.  It can mean a cigarette, a bundle of sticks OR a derogatory slur against a gay person.  So which one do people "actually mean when they say it"?

No, see, etymological fallacy is when people try to argue that a word can only mean what it meant in the past (e.g. -philia can only mean "love", -phobia can only mean "fear"). In the general case, it's pretty obvious from context what people mean by "fag".

The tumblr post above tries to argue that zoophiles can't be animal rapists because someone who loves animals wouldn't rape them. Nice and all, but nobody is arguing that animal-lovers rape animals. Rather, than sometimes people with a sexual attraction towards animals rape them. Thus, arguing from the "animal-love" interpretation is nonsense.

I argue from that interpretation (just speaking for me personally here) because I do know folks that do fit that definition.  Now the ones that actually DO that sort of thing? Yeah, kick their teeth in.  There's a LARGE difference between attraction and acting upon that.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2346 on: January 19, 2014, 12:42:51 am »

Riley is a notorious hypocrite in this regard. They don't want people to speak on behalf of black people/black culture (which is a perfectly fair request, mind you), yet feel okay speaking on behalf of every other racial and cultural group and then screaming "oppression" if someone asks them to stop. They're also a major Japanophile, but lose their shit if anyone else shows interest in another culture.

Riely's animu fetish is so large it extends to the actual actors:

I can't be the only one who finds this kind of creepy?

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2347 on: January 19, 2014, 01:19:22 am »

Fuck you. My best friend is a white Buddhist. And no, he didn't just decide one day that he's now a Buddhist. He went through the whole conversion process at a temple in Seattle, which I witnessed. Also, while taking classes to prepare for conversion, he met a nice girl who is now his wife.
A guy I went to high school with is a white Buddhist monk. It's a religion, not a race.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2348 on: January 19, 2014, 03:16:15 am »

Fuck you. My best friend is a white Buddhist. And no, he didn't just decide one day that he's now a Buddhist. He went through the whole conversion process at a temple in Seattle, which I witnessed. Also, while taking classes to prepare for conversion, he met a nice girl who is now his wife.
A guy I went to high school with is a white Buddhist monk. It's a religion, not a race.
Nope, if you pay attention the Buddha clearly states that only the Asian race is allowed to be Buddhist, Buddhism is about trying to prove how your better than other losers after all.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2349 on: January 19, 2014, 03:22:46 am »
Nope, if you pay attention the Buddha clearly states that only the Asian race is allowed to be Buddhist, Buddhism is about trying to prove how your better than other losers after all.
Seems legit, considering the original Buddha was actually Indian.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2350 on: January 19, 2014, 03:38:08 am »
Seems legit, considering the original Buddha was actually Indian.
You would think that, wouldn't you!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2351 on: January 19, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

Riley is a notorious hypocrite in this regard. They don't want people to speak on behalf of black people/black culture (which is a perfectly fair request, mind you), yet feel okay speaking on behalf of every other racial and cultural group and then screaming "oppression" if someone asks them to stop. They're also a major Japanophile, but lose their shit if anyone else shows interest in another culture.

Riely's animu fetish is so large it extends to the actual actors:

I can't be the only one who finds this kind of creepy?

Ah, yes, Riley. What an abusive hypocritical piece of shit.

What is it with Biyuti and defending Riley at every instance as if Riley could do no wrong ever?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #2352 on: January 19, 2014, 06:02:45 pm »

But there is no single Asian race.  Asia is comprised of many, many different races, many of which are even (extremely) visually distinctive from eachother.  Which one was he reffereing to? Presumably the ones found in India and Pakistan?  Or did he mean any race and ethnic group as long as it was from Asia?  If so, what was the cut off point he used to define where Asia becomes Europe?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:07:42 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2353 on: January 19, 2014, 06:04:44 pm »
The concept of "race" didn't exist back then.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2354 on: January 19, 2014, 07:11:18 pm »
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLSHIT!

Ironbite-calling major bullshit on that.