Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550788 times)

shykid

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2565 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:57 pm »
Soooo giving someone a choice is sexual assault now? Good to know. The original ask specifies only PiV sex, though, so is anal cool with her?

Sex questions around here are pretty straightforward. 'I'M HORNY, WANNA FOOL AROUND?'

The first thing I thought about when I read this fool's drivel was actually how sexually upfront and forthcoming gay guys in the bar/club scene are—and their propositions are a good bit lewder than "Hey brah, wanna fuck?" This is especially the case for the ridiculous, bugfuck-insane, self-loathing "masc" / "str8-acting" ones that I seem to attract.

(Admittedly, I think the scene is totally wack for exactly that reason, but I'm still not accusing these fellas of "raping" me for being dumb enough to think they had a shot with a reasonably well-adjusted, adequately medicated guy with standards and self-esteem. Instead, I throw 'em shade. For real, though, when someone with two psychiatric-hospital stays under his belt is calling you crazy, it's seriously time to cut your losses and just admit that you probably need a little professional help with dem masculinity issuez. But I'm totally derailing.)

I'm an asexual, aromantic, aromatic pancakekin and I find this offensive!  Pancakes can't have sex!  Stop triggering me!

Die, pancake scum. You need check that massive flapjack privilege of yours, because frenchtoastkin are the ones truly oppressed by the realityarchy.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:17:41 pm by shy »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2566 on: February 08, 2014, 12:09:09 pm »
(click to show/hide)
(old pic from when Buckingham Palace caught fire)

Uh...I'm going to need some help here.  Why did you post this picture?

It's Queen Elizabeth face palming, posted in re her new great grandson's birth announcement, the "It's a boy is soooooo cis genderist" reactions online? I posted it just below those and Cerim's posting "beak claw" (face palm).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2567 on: February 08, 2014, 01:06:54 pm »
Sex questions around here are pretty straightforward. 'I'M HORNY, WANNA FOOL AROUND?'
ZOMG! SECKSHUWAL HARASMENTS!!!
I'm an asexual, aromantic, aromatic pancakekin and I find this offensive! Pancakes can't have sex![/i]Stop triggering me!
Greatest sentence ever.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2568 on: February 08, 2014, 01:33:05 pm »

Uhh...

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2569 on: February 08, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »

Uhh...

I feel like there should be a horse tumblr response complaining about human privilege.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2570 on: February 08, 2014, 02:09:22 pm »
I think the school is being too cautious as to weight restrictions over all, but perhaps it's because beginning riders have terrible stability in the saddle, which the horse tends to reflexively compensate for by shifting under them, so it would tend to tire the horse faster if the beginner is both awkward and heavier. Some horses will fidget, balk a little, or even panic buck the first time or two that a rider who is much heavier than what the horse is accustomed to mounts the saddle.

It's not unusual to see experienced, heavy riders being carried with relative ease by an average sized, healthy horse, though. The horse will tire a little quicker than if they were carrying a smaller person, obviously.

Is the OP far heavier than 210? Like more than 275? That could be a real problem of too much unstable beginner rider weight for even the most robust horse the school owns. And we don't know about what size or age or condition the schools' horses are.  If the school simply cannot afford to purchase another, stronger horse, oh well. Asking the school to buy another horse is a bit much, especially if the would-be riding student is quite heavy, like in excess of 300 lbs. Draft horses can handle very heavy riders, but are usually much taller than regular saddle horses, and falling from that greater height would increase the chance of serious injury, although draft horses by nature are very calm and docile. They are also considerably more expensive to buy, and feed, need larger custom sized tack and saddles, and require larger, more expensive doses of meds and vaccines compared to average horses.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2571 on: February 08, 2014, 02:41:04 pm »
I had this conversation yesterday. I think the biggest reasons the weight restrictions exist are a) the reasons Mellon said about inexperienced riders not knowing how to hold their weight properly, and also b) because these are likely communal horses. Absolutely a horse can bear over 210lbs easily, but each horse may have to take three or more riders a day. Horses are big and strong but they WILL get tired and even hurt if they're dealing with twenty people a week who can't maintain their seat and weigh 300lbs. Equally possible is they're going by the lowest estimate for the smallest horse, so that no one is limited in which horse they can ride.

And!! Yes, horseback riding is exercise. It is not exceptionally great exercise. If this person wants to ride so they can lose weight (which I'm surprised they didn't get crap for, to be honest), they'll be disappointed. Ride a bike, go hiking, take some kickboxing--but you're not going to get a great workout in the saddle. Especially not if you're a beginner.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

shykid

« Reply #2572 on: February 08, 2014, 05:15:26 pm »

I'm not even going to try to be reasonable with this person.

I can honestly say I haven't seen anybody else attempt to define "privilege" as "others incidentally being capable of doing something that I can't for reasons entirely beyond their control"—not even the mouth-frothing lunatics who write journal articles that can only be found in the kookiest, post-modernest, most radical-leftist bowels of JSTOR and EBSCOHost. And I've personally confronted the unique brand of raving moonbattery that is peculiar to journal articles with titles like Queer Mathematics, The Postcolonialist and Poststructuralist Reappropriation of Clocks, and Destroying the Hegemonic Paradigm of "Objective Reality".

Seriously...Just...Look at your life. Look at your choices.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2573 on: February 08, 2014, 05:19:18 pm »
I once rode a Clydesdale when I was younger.  I wasn't *especially* heavy back then, but he was all they had.  Best ride I've ever had.  I gave that horse lots of hugs and pats in appreciation for sure.

... I miss horse riding.  Wonder if there's a place around here...?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #2574 on: February 08, 2014, 05:26:50 pm »
Pancakes can't have sex!
Huh. Apparently, I've been doing it wrong.

shykid

« Reply #2575 on: February 08, 2014, 05:38:52 pm »
I once rode a Clydesdale when I was younger.  I wasn't *especially* heavy back then, but he was all they had.  Best ride I've ever had.  I gave that horse lots of hugs and pats in appreciation for sure.

... I miss horse riding.  Wonder if there's a place around here...?

Surely there's gotta be. You should see.

I've only ridden a horse once. I was six or seven, and it was at some kind of fair-type thing that my school had one weekend. I also used to have a neighbor with horses after we moved back to the states, and they were really nice. I liked to feed them and pet them, but I never rode one.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2576 on: February 08, 2014, 05:50:25 pm »

Uhh...

I feel like there should be a horse tumblr response complaining about human privilege.

....yeeeeeessssssssss <3
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2577 on: February 08, 2014, 07:19:35 pm »
Tumblr seems to be redefining privilege as "I'm jealous and want to validate my jealousy by crying PRIVILEGE whenever I'm jealous of somebody."

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2578 on: February 08, 2014, 08:13:46 pm »

Uhh...

I'm sure you could convince a few bronies to do one.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2579 on: February 08, 2014, 09:25:58 pm »
ZOMG! SECKSHUWAL HARASMENTS!!!

I'm an asexual, aromantic, aromatic pancakekin and I find this offensive!  Pancakes can't have sex!  Stop triggering me!
Zomg you insensitive small-fat fetishizing cissexual! I'm an aromatic triggerkin and I'm triggered by your trigger!