Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549576 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2895 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:48 pm »
... what the fuck is 'deathfat'?

As near as I can tell, what is otherwise known as "morbidly obese". Deathfats claim there's something known as "smallfat privilege", which I think is being able to wear a size 18 and find a store that stocks clothes in your size in any reasonably-sized town compared to being size 40 and having to order everything online.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2896 on: March 06, 2014, 05:45:56 pm »
There's no such thing as "smallfat privilege", much less thin privilege... It's like, if you're morbidly obese, please get help. It's not healthy, like it or not.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2897 on: March 06, 2014, 05:57:36 pm »
There's no such thing as "smallfat privilege", much less thin privilege... It's like, if you're morbidly obese, please get help. It's not healthy, like it or not.

Not saying there is. This thread isn't called "Worst of Social Justice" for nothing.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2898 on: March 06, 2014, 06:05:07 pm »

Spoken like someone who has plenty of thin privilege. Has it ever crossed your mind that we don't know how to effectively treat obesity yet?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #2899 on: March 06, 2014, 06:05:48 pm »
*fart*

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2900 on: March 06, 2014, 06:16:22 pm »
... See, I qualify as 'morbidly obese', being 5'6" and 280+.  I'll admit that I'm a fat fucker and I could stand to lose weight.  That being said? I can still find 44 and 46 waist jeans and XXL or XXXL shirts, even dress shirts, at Target, Wal-Mart, Sears and JC Penney's with little effort.  I don't even have to look online.  If you're having a hard time finding clothes that fit at an average retailer like that, the problem ain't with the rest of humanity.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #2901 on: March 06, 2014, 06:22:11 pm »
If you're having a hard time finding clothes that fit at an average retailer like that, the problem ain't with the rest of humanity.

Even if I weren't morbidly obese, I would still have to purchase the tall T-shirts. Those are hard to find in stores.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2902 on: March 06, 2014, 06:38:54 pm »
If you're having a hard time finding clothes that fit at an average retailer like that, the problem ain't with the rest of humanity.

Even if I weren't morbidly obese, I would still have to purchase the tall T-shirts. Those are hard to find in stores.

There are big and tall stores, 'long' designations on shirts in some stores, online ordering... still not seeing a whole lot of issue.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #2903 on: March 06, 2014, 06:40:52 pm »
It's hardly an "average retailer" at that point, though.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2904 on: March 07, 2014, 02:34:04 am »
A Striking Similarity Between Homophobia and Fatphobia

And I stopped reading right there.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2905 on: March 07, 2014, 03:47:01 am »
Oh my god the OP is a fat "admirer."

From their titled post:
...it means we’ve ended up in a society where good health- in the form of good medical facilities and factual information on how to avoid illnesses and problems- is no longer regarded as kindness and right to be extended to everyone, regardless of who they are...

Another post from their blog:
Not that she started out wanting to grow fatter. That was his addiction; not hers. But she seems to have been swallowed up by the desire; internalised it… and it has grown unreasonable and insensate within her.

Everyone is entitled to factual information on good health and avoiding illness. Except for the OP's future girlfriend.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2906 on: March 07, 2014, 07:06:17 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2907 on: March 07, 2014, 07:28:27 am »
That'd be the shortest-lived revolution in history.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2908 on: March 07, 2014, 10:50:33 am »

Wouldn't it be quite a long revolution with the amount of people they'd have to kill?

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2909 on: March 07, 2014, 11:08:58 am »

Wouldn't it be quite a long revolution with the amount of people they'd have to kill?
It would be like a Chihuahua calling out a hungry pack of wolves. Only messier.