Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551267 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3210 on: March 31, 2014, 07:58:51 am »
More stupidity from Jezebel, this time from a commenter
(click to show/hide)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3211 on: March 31, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3212 on: March 31, 2014, 04:30:58 pm »
More stupidity from Jezebel, this time from a commenter
(click to show/hide)
I think he's just ironchewing.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3213 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:26 pm »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #3215 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »
Tumblr pulls an April Fool's day joke and this is what happens:

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3216 on: April 01, 2014, 11:24:18 pm »

Tell them you got triggered by their repetition of commas. I would love to see their response.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3217 on: April 01, 2014, 11:29:50 pm »

David Michael Bennett from Steam Powered Giraffe reblogged a post talking about that. It said that this is how they view these people trying to perform any activity:

(click to show/hide)
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3218 on: April 01, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »

Answer: they don't. Ever.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3219 on: April 01, 2014, 11:49:32 pm »
Lindsey Ellis, the Nostalgia Chick, got an ask after she reblogged that "warning".

enchanted-wild asked:

Lindsay, even if it seems silly to you, there’s no need to mock people who might benefit from a warning that will help them to avoid a prank that is annoying/frightening/mean-spirited or could aggravate someone’s epilepsy. Seriously, why would that anger you?

Uh… going way overboard with valid points tends to cheapen them. Also I’m pretty sure that second person in the post was joking. Just my fart in the wind of an opinion.

I wish I understood how people functioned.

Ironbite-I really do.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3220 on: April 02, 2014, 01:02:02 am »
People who are mocking Suey Park and saying that she’s dumb and doesn’t know what she’s talking about don’t know what they’re talking about. Just because Colbert did something with a good intent doesn’t mean what he did wasn’t harmful. And just because he doesn’t think his satirical racism is actually racist, doesn’t mean he’s right. Yeah, he’s a big name with a big following, but he’s also a white man who maybe doesn’t understand the intricacies of his privilege. And that, inherently, doesn’t make him a bad guy: it makes him unaware of his circumstance.

However, him refusing to acknowledge that his satircal racism was racist? That makes him a jerk.

According to Tumblr, you can't actually make satire pointing out the ironically racist behavior someone engages in to defend themselves from racist accusations. Because even making a satirical comment on racism is.....racist?

I don't know. Chick's a tard.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #3221 on: April 02, 2014, 01:05:59 am »

Tell them you got triggered by their repetition of commas. I would love to see their response.

Maybe I should just tell them I have pantophobia.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3222 on: April 02, 2014, 06:30:19 am »
Lindsey Ellis, the Nostalgia Chick, got an ask after she reblogged that "warning".

enchanted-wild asked:

Lindsay, even if it seems silly to you, there’s no need to mock people who might benefit from a warning that will help them to avoid a prank that is annoying/frightening/mean-spirited or could aggravate someone’s epilepsy. Seriously, why would that anger you?

Uh… going way overboard with valid points tends to cheapen them. Also I’m pretty sure that second person in the post was joking. Just my fart in the wind of an opinion.

I wish I understood how people functioned.

Ironbite-I really do.

Here is the video in question:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBW0EkMD2Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSBW0EkMD2Y</a>

There is literally nothing of what the above anon claimed.  Nothing.  It is literally like any other faux-inspirational commercial you'd see on tv.

The OP made another post:

can I point out that all I did was try to warn people of something potentially triggering? I don’t care if you think those phobias don’t exist because they do. and even then why the hell does the post bother you? there’s nothing wrong with it there’s literally nothing wrong with the post. why have I been misgendered 1000+ times in my inbox today. why have I received 500+ death threats. 500+ suicide encouragements. I got rape threats. why. what did I do. what the fuck did I do besides try to fucking help people.

You know, death/rape threats are inexcusable, especially for a 15 year old.  That being said, about the misgendering, the OP's pronouns are 'they' and 'fae'.  The only 'fae' I know about is the word meaning 'fairy'.  I also know that they haven't turned off anon posting (they posted a friendly anon message they got sometime after all this happened).

All in all, someone who commented on this made an interesting point; this person is probably an "ally" who has none of these phobias and doesn't know anyone with these phobias, but is still "taking a stand" on their behalf with well-meaning, but misguided, posts that don't genuinely help anyone but only serve to make the ally look thoughtful, considerate, and enlightened.  In the end, nobody but this ally gave a shit about an inoffensive April Fool's video, and the only problem was the one they manufactured for themselves.  In the end, the thing everyone cared about was the top hats for their icons.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3223 on: April 02, 2014, 07:35:02 am »
People who are mocking Suey Park and saying that she’s dumb and doesn’t know what she’s talking about don’t know what they’re talking about. Just because Colbert did something with a good intent doesn’t mean what he did wasn’t harmful. And just because he doesn’t think his satirical racism is actually racist, doesn’t mean he’s right. Yeah, he’s a big name with a big following, but he’s also a white man who maybe doesn’t understand the intricacies of his privilege. And that, inherently, doesn’t make him a bad guy: it makes him unaware of his circumstance.

However, him refusing to acknowledge that his satircal racism was racist? That makes him a jerk.

According to Tumblr, you can't actually make satire pointing out the ironically racist behavior someone engages in to defend themselves from racist accusations. Because even making a satirical comment on racism is.....racist?

I don't know. Chick's a tard.

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
« Reply #3224 on: April 02, 2014, 10:12:10 am »

Apparently starting the #CancelColbert hastag is the same as being raped.