Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549083 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3255 on: April 05, 2014, 01:17:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Have fun justifying that tatoo at job interviews, lady!

I choose to interpret it as saying real feminists wear glasses. Because it makes about as much sense.
Σא

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3256 on: April 05, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »
I would troll her back with, "Cows wear nose rings", but some dear friends of both sexes have them, too.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3257 on: April 05, 2014, 02:32:41 pm »
"Don't coddle your oppressors"?! Is that SJW-speak for "Act like a raging douchecastle at all times, and if confronted, scream 'oppression'"? Because that's the message I'm getting.

Also, nice TMNT stuff in the background. Because that totally doesn't make you look like a spoilt woman-child who still mad because daddy never got her a pony.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3258 on: April 05, 2014, 07:19:36 pm »
I think the most ironic thing about the #CancelColbert movement is that the Native American community has been thrown under the bus by sjws in favor of the Asian community; the original joke was about the Redskin's owner making a racist comment.  And yet, the controversy over Colbert's comment has been blown up so much that I had no idea that the joke was about the Redskins, because nobody in the social justice circle is talking about it like they are about this (I only found out because some people in the tag mentioned it).  Once again, one of the most silent and underrepresented marginalized groups in the US is ignored.

So, here's my prediction of #CancelColbert: the majority of the community will gradually lose interest and grow bored with this controversy, and look for the next 'flavor-of-the-month' social issue; sjws will leave this scandal self-satisfied at how right they are and will feel like they've done something, and their critics will leave confirming their perception at how stupid and ridiculous the sj community is; Stephen Colbert and Suey Park will have their reputations tarnished in the eyes of each other's fans; nothing of importance or substance will have been accomplished; the Redskins will still be the Redskins as the issue continues to get ignored, because the social justice community doesn't give a shit enough about it to blow it up like they did with this.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:27:07 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3259 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:10 pm »
Like I said before.  Steven Colbert is a rich white dude who can make fun of everyone and everything and because he's making fun of some "pet" group, these SJWs seem to think they'll get Comedy Central to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs of ratings.

Ironbite-cept that won't happen as that's not how business is run.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3260 on: April 05, 2014, 09:56:20 pm »
Like I said before.  Steven Colbert is a rich white dude who can make fun of everyone and everything and because he's making fun of some "pet" group, these SJWs seem to think they'll get Comedy Central to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs of ratings.

Ironbite-cept that won't happen as that's not how business is run.

And he wasn't even really making fun of them. He was essentially sarcastically making a comparison to the ridiculously, ironically racist name of the pro-native organization the Redskins owner made.

An example of a similar conversation:

White Person A: Hey, let this nicely dressed nigger ahead of you. He's in a hurry.
White Person B: ...uh-huh. Gonna mention the spics and chinks too?
White Person C: *shoves past A* YOU MOTHERFUCKING RACIST, B, GET OUT OF MY QUEUE
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3261 on: April 05, 2014, 10:59:28 pm »
*sniped*

I know that blogger. She's an amazing feminist! Here's a few exerts from her quality feminist blog:

(click to show/hide)

Truly an inspiration for women everywhere! ::)

Quote from: Iosa the Invincible
I think the most ironic thing about the #CancelColbert movement is that the Native American community has been thrown under the bus by sjws in favor of the Asian community; the original joke was about the Redskin's owner making a racist comment.  And yet, the controversy over Colbert's comment has been blown up so much that I had no idea that the joke was about the Redskins, because nobody in the social justice circle is talking about it like they are about this (I only found out because some people in the tag mentioned it).  Once again, one of the most silent and underrepresented marginalized groups in the US is ignored.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3262 on: April 06, 2014, 02:37:10 am »

I figure they can't really acknowledge the Redskins thing, because it puts Colbert's comment in a context where it's harder to make it look racist. Deducing the implications of the fact that giving context weakens their argument is left as an exercise for the reader.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3263 on: April 06, 2014, 03:27:42 am »
Can we talk about something else though? My head sku be tired of uh smartness.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3264 on: April 06, 2014, 09:25:59 am »
*sniped*

I know that blogger. She's an amazing feminist! Here's a few exerts from her quality feminist blog:

(click to show/hide)

Truly an inspiration for women everywhere! ::)
So, er, according to this "feminist" then I'm a rapist? Huh. Better go the police then....

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3265 on: April 06, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »
I think the most ironic thing about the #CancelColbert movement is that the Native American community has been thrown under the bus by sjws in favor of the Asian community

That's how a good chunk of Tumblr SJ operates: Latching onto short-term fad issues, like a comedian making a controversial joke, without taking the opportunity to learn more about serious, on-going problems faced by the communities they're supposed to be standing up for.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3266 on: April 06, 2014, 11:48:17 pm »

Tumblrina doesn't get a joke.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3267 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:27 am »

I think this is old.  IRC, they closed their account shortly after this.  There were a couple of others, one with the "old bold and brash" joke from Spongebob, and one with the Olympic athlete from Niger.

Also, I'd just like to say that I'm growing tired of the word 'valid' thanks to tumblr, just like 'trigger'.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:57:32 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3268 on: April 07, 2014, 01:18:57 am »

To be fair that part is probably a Funny aneurism moment to some.

But that doesn't make the SJW's reaction less stupid and comedic.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3269 on: April 07, 2014, 01:29:02 am »
Also, I'd just like to say that I'm growing tired of the word 'valid' thanks to tumblr, just like 'trigger'.

Tumblr ruins all of the good words. "Problematic" was another casualty.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)