Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551174 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3300 on: April 08, 2014, 11:32:44 pm »
Fedora jokes are triggering now:

Can we stop laughing at "Fedora" Jokes?
No.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3301 on: April 08, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
It's too bad people of intelligence are such a minority on Tumblr. I blame the idioarcy for their oppressive treatment of our people.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3302 on: April 09, 2014, 12:00:26 am »
It's too bad people of intelligence are such a minority on Tumblr. I blame the idioarcy for their oppressive treatment of our people.
Actually most people on Tumblr are sane, it's just the loudest are SJW's.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3303 on: April 09, 2014, 12:02:13 am »
No.
You marginalisation of people of headwear is extremely problematic and rather triggering.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3304 on: April 09, 2014, 12:48:24 am »
Actually most people on Tumblr are sane, it's just the loudest are SJW's.

This. In fact, it seems like the sane folk on Tumblr are starting to openly rebel against the constant assholery the SJW crowd engages in and people are less and less afraid to respond to crazy bullshit.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3305 on: April 09, 2014, 12:53:30 am »
No.
You marginalisation of people of headwear is extremely problematic and rather triggering.

*goes on a shooting rampage*

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3306 on: April 09, 2014, 01:02:24 am »
No.

That escalated rapidly.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3307 on: April 09, 2014, 01:26:30 am »
For the record, I don't 100% shame people who wear fedoras. There's a small handful of people (prominently the Bennett twins from Steam Powered Giraffe) who can pull it off.

The thing is, you can only pull off that kind of hat if you're a person who's already cool without it. It's like the guys I see who insist on walking around in a suit and tie constantly; I know one guy who insisted on attending Halloween Horror Nights multiple times last year in a full suit, tie, and fedora. They think they look cool and fancy and stylish, but they just end up looking terribly awkward because you can tell that they're doing it intentionally. You can't intentionally make yourself cool if you're not cool yourself. It's like putting lipstick on a pig, except instead of lipstick it's sunglasses.

I think the fedora became such a fad among wannabe cool guys because of its association with classy, old-timey gentlemen. Socially awkward asshole Nice Guys and loveshys who like to think of themselves as superior to the modern Alpha Males (TM) style themselves after 40s movie stars like Humphrey Bogart or "gangsters with class" like the romanticized view of the Mafia; they generally have a romanticized view of the past, thinking of it as an era where being a gentleman was more important than your physical perfection. So they wear fedoras and pinstripe suits and waistcoats to try and emulate that.

Of course, most of them are creatively bereft and probably not entirely in touch with reality. So instead of seeking out their own style or improving on themselves, they simply imitate the rest of the guys. So they all end up with identical clothing: fedora, trenchcoat, and sunglasses. Probably pinstripes for that extra bit of 40s class, leather fingerless gloves to seem tough, and a neckbeard because they don't care enough about physical appearance to groom properly.

I'm just sad that legitimately good and attractive fashion trends have been so thoroughly ruined by socially awkward, very loud assholes. It would have been better if they tried to emulate true chivalry and go about in full plate armor and/or chain mail that they can hang their mall katanas off of.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3308 on: April 09, 2014, 01:30:36 am »
SOCIAL JUSTICE CTHULHU
"Black or white, gay or straight, male or female, I don't discriminate.  Everybody will suffer equally (except for those who happen to be my cultists)."
As long as were making these characters can I make MRA Mario? I thought of other fictional characters that could be used for that but MRA Mario just rolls off the tongue so well and makes a nice mirror image to Social Justice Wario.

Pity that Mario doesn't have a fedora. (That guy from LA Noire would be a better fit for imagery but using a comical character is better for making a parody.)

Oh, and when it comes to fedoras and such... I am getting seriously annoyed that whenever a bad group of people pops up the anger is directed at whatever imagery they have. Nazis are bad people? Let's ban swastika. Neo-Nazis are now using norse symbols? (because swastikas are banned) let's ban norse symbols. MRA's are bad people and wear fedoras? No one is allowed to wear fedora anymore.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3309 on: April 09, 2014, 02:08:34 am »
No.

That escalated rapidly.
That's people of firearms for you.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3310 on: April 09, 2014, 02:19:56 am »
SOCIAL JUSTICE CTHULHU
"Black or white, gay or straight, male or female, I don't discriminate.  Everybody will suffer equally (except for those who happen to be my cultists)."
As long as were making these characters can I make MRA Mario? I thought of other fictional characters that could be used for that but MRA Mario just rolls off the tongue so well and makes a nice mirror image to Social Justice Wario.

Pity that Mario doesn't have a fedora. (That guy from LA Noire would be a better fit for imagery but using a comical character is better for making a parody.)

Oh, and when it comes to fedoras and such... I am getting seriously annoyed that whenever a bad group of people pops up the anger is directed at whatever imagery they have. Nazis are bad people? Let's ban swastika. Neo-Nazis are now using norse symbols? (because swastikas are banned) let's ban norse symbols. MRA's are bad people and wear fedoras? No one is allowed to wear fedora anymore.
Fedora jokes aren't generally directed at the hat itself, but what it has come to symbolise.
In the words of I forgot:
It's not the fedora on his head, it's the fedora in his heart.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3311 on: April 09, 2014, 11:09:11 am »
SOCIAL JUSTICE CTHULHU

Well, the Nazi imagery ban is mostly a European thing. In the United States you might get dirty looks from ignorant people, but there's no specific law against using a swastika or such in something and people are still trying to emphasize that the Nazis appropriated that symbol from harmless cultures that still exist, rather than inventing it.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3312 on: April 09, 2014, 11:13:37 am »
SOCIAL JUSTICE CTHULHU

Well, the Nazi imagery ban is mostly a European thing. In the United States you might get dirty looks from ignorant people, but there's no specific law against using a swastika or such in something and people are still trying to emphasize that the Nazis appropriated that symbol from harmless cultures that still exist, rather than inventing it.

When I took a technical writing course in my undergraduate degree, one of the two essays we had to write on the final exam had "free speech" as a prompt. I argued for a very expansive notion of free speech, using Germany's ban on Holocaust denial as an example of something that's too restrictive, and ended up with the highest mark in my section. (If the prompt had been about freedom of association, I might have argued that banning people from re-forming the Nazi Party went too far.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3313 on: April 09, 2014, 09:29:45 pm »
from the other direction, a white person making white people jokes really can be experienced as appropriation considering POCs use white people jokes in the specific situation of their oppression

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3314 on: April 09, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »
from the other direction, a white person making white people jokes really can be experienced as appropriation considering POCs use white people jokes in the specific situation of their oppression
Gee golly, surree don't wanna offened any y'all folk, all jus get me a soda pop and then for a drive in my Prius to go see die hard!

U mad, SJW?