Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551476 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3615 on: May 17, 2014, 09:18:09 pm »
That is...abominable.  Excuse me, I need to void my everything.

I ... am similarly disturbed.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3616 on: May 17, 2014, 09:32:01 pm »

Well, I'm sorry if we don't enjoy having our stuff chewed through and worrying about mouse crap on and around our lunch table.  I'm sorry that if we didn't use this tactic, that if we had a city inspector come through and see that, we'd be fined about twenty grand for unsanitary and unsafe conditions.

The world ain't very pleasant sometimes.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3617 on: May 17, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »

Well, I'm sorry if we don't enjoy having our stuff chewed through and worrying about mouse crap on and around our lunch table.  I'm sorry that if we didn't use this tactic, that if we had a city inspector come through and see that, we'd be fined about twenty grand for unsanitary and unsafe conditions.

The world ain't very pleasant sometimes.

It may be justifiable, but it's still disturbing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #3618 on: May 17, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »
Magus, you're my friend and I care for you greatly, but I'm not going to apologize for doing what we do to keep pests from over-running our workplace.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3619 on: May 17, 2014, 10:20:10 pm »
It's a lot less cruel than those awful sticky goo traps or even spring traps, for that matter. My roomies and me came up with the toilet trick for that reason; watching a rat struggle in agony because it's spine was snapped, not it's neck, or seeing a little mouse all stretched out and contorted, squeaking in fear and pain, from struggling against the sticky goo really makes drowning seem the better alternative. And yes, unless the rat is quite large, it can be flushed. They're sleek and elongated, normally.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3620 on: May 17, 2014, 10:25:00 pm »
We're (ostensibly) rat free in Alberta, so any wild rats that manage to cross the border are met with an instant death sentence. Pet rats are banned, too, and you face fines if you're caught with them (especially if they get free and breed). It's a dismal place for rodent-kind.

I hate spring traps. My dad set some up when we had a mouse problem back when I was a kid, and promptly got rid of them after finding a mouse stuck in one with its abdomen crushed, still very much alive and in pain. My dad had to put the poor creature out of its misery by whacking it with a heavy book. I'm just glad that my cats pretty much keep the mice away from where I'm living; we had a couple hiding out in the basement when I first moved in, but those disappeared pretty quickly. I try not to think about how they might have met their end.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3621 on: May 17, 2014, 10:30:02 pm »
Me, I'm just reminded of Silva's rat monologue from Skyfall.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0dFsAtAlEo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0dFsAtAlEo</a>

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3622 on: May 17, 2014, 11:15:35 pm »
Magus, you're my friend and I care for you greatly, but I'm not going to apologize for doing what we do to keep pests from over-running our workplace.

Did I ask you to apologize?  I simply stated my feelings about the matter.

I'd prefer it if we didn't have to exterminate them in the first place.  After all, they were here before we were.

But our needs naturally have to come first, so it has to be done.

But that still doesn't mean it's not disturbing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3623 on: May 17, 2014, 11:18:58 pm »
My prototype for a humane rat trap got me several visits from the FBI.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3624 on: May 17, 2014, 11:41:17 pm »

It's not a gendered word because it has "men" in it. Learn some damn entomology.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3625 on: May 17, 2014, 11:58:58 pm »
You really get the feeling that these people want to entirely eliminate the word men from the English language.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3626 on: May 18, 2014, 12:02:22 am »

It's not a gendered word because it has "men" in it. Learn some damn entomology.

m*ningitis

dim*ntia

ferm*nt

m*ntal

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #3627 on: May 18, 2014, 12:19:33 am »
I'd prefer it if we didn't have to exterminate them in the first place.  After all, they were here before we were.

I'm in full agreement here.  I actually enjoy mice, and once had a few as pets when I was younger.  Here, though, in our house? We can't afford the risk, same as at work.  One gnawed wire, and the whole place might burn to the ground.

Formerly Priestling

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3628 on: May 18, 2014, 12:56:16 am »

Me, I've come to appreciate Cerim a lot more than I did before. I have got to do that myself. The mechanisms sound...deliciously fiendish.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #3629 on: May 18, 2014, 01:18:08 am »

Me, I've come to appreciate Cerim a lot more than I did before. I have got to do that myself. The mechanisms sound...deliciously fiendish.

I'd like to state for the record that I don't enjoy it.  We do it because it's necessary.  Naught more.

Formerly Priestling