Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551561 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3630 on: May 18, 2014, 02:20:30 am »

It's not a gendered word because it has "men" in it. Learn some damn entomology.

I'm pretty sure "menstruation" traces its origins back to the Latin term for "monthly", no doubt passed into English through French (where the "mens" root survives in terms like -- wait for it -- "menstruation", as well as "mensuel", the latter of which directly translates to "monthly" [take a wild guess what "menstruation" means]).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:24:48 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3631 on: May 18, 2014, 08:04:44 am »
That is...abominable.  Excuse me, I need to void my everything.

I ... am similarly disturbed.

Me, I've come to appreciate Cerim a lot more than I did before. I have got to do that myself. The mechanisms sound...deliciously fiendish.

I'd like to state for the record that I don't enjoy it.  We do it because it's necessary.  Naught more.

For a few bucks, you could easily make a trap like what they use to catch feral cats and the like.  Once you've caught something (or a few somethings), take 'em out to a field or somesuch and release them where they belong.  They'll be scared for a little while, but they'll live.

Also, I kinda expected that from Niam.  The boy's a sociopath, that's...just how he operates.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3632 on: May 18, 2014, 12:21:40 pm »
From what I understand, being unable to empathize with animals at all is actually a potential symptom of sociopathy - after all, if you have no empathy for other human beings (apologies if I'm oversimplifying it) then why would you have an ounce for "lower animals"?

This is not the same as being desensitized to the slaughter of animals, such as with hunting and farming.  Though there's a point where that can go too far, too.

Then, of course, there's the psychopaths who, generally speaking, start off by torturing animals for amusement.

Of course, I could be talking out of my ass about all this, and if I am, I apologize.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3633 on: May 18, 2014, 03:26:54 pm »
If I remember my AP psych class right, then you're actually spot-on, Zacky.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3634 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:53 am »

That particular layout is pretty popular, so these may not be the same blog. I know where the first one came from and I tried to check if they're responsible for the other two, but I could only stand the first four pages.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3635 on: May 19, 2014, 04:57:07 am »
My earliest memory is of puking after eating too much chili. I am severely triggered right now. Images of half digested, delicious chili, spewing forth from my mouth... not reaching the toilet in time, and staining my god parents' rug... my onesie, ruined... will this torment never end?

You've made a powerful enemy today, Robot.

Edit:

"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3636 on: May 19, 2014, 08:19:45 am »
My earliest memory is of puking after eating too much chili. I am severely triggered right now. Images of half digested, delicious chili, spewing forth from my mouth... not reaching the toilet in time, and staining my god parents' rug... my onesie, ruined... will this torment never end?

You've made a powerful enemy today, Robot!

Was it a nice onsie? I'd be triggered by that. Onesies are serious goddamn business.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3637 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:29 am »

That particular layout is pretty popular, so these may not be the same blog. I know where the first one came from and I tried to check if they're responsible for the other two, but I could only stand the first four pages.

Okay, if they are for realsies about all that, I think their triggering thing was they were reminded that they are not actually mentally human any more, and an innocent random question generator app, which is much more humane in personality, was the messenger they needed to kill...

My earliest human memory was of getting all bit up and stung when I walked over a mound of fire ants when I was a bit less than 3 years old. I screamed and screamed for my mommy, even though I knew she was downtown, but did not have the concept of how far my voice could travel. It was also my first lesson in learning to trust and love an adult other than my mom or dad. The black lady my mom had just hired to help her clean the house that day was a stranger to me, but she was so sweet and calm and loving and helpful, rescuing me from the ants, treating my bites, holding me in her lap as I cried. I never did develop any real kind of inculcated bigotry or fear of blacks as most of my peers did, growing up in the South in the sixties, and I'm pretty sure that early rescue incident played a big role in that. But, I actually did suffer a recurring physical reaction of panic and "creepy crawly" gooseflesh every time I saw red ants for years after. Actual, genuine triggering! Didn't get over that until I was almost 30.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3638 on: May 19, 2014, 04:29:48 pm »
I'm sorry, I should have included all the Tumblrbot posts for better context. Either this person is an epic Poe, or they're actually freaking out over Tumblrbot.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3639 on: May 19, 2014, 04:40:56 pm »
I'm sorry, I should have included all the Tumblrbot posts for better context. Either this person is an epic Poe, or they're actually freaking out over Tumblrbot.

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3640 on: May 19, 2014, 04:49:50 pm »

I'm going with "Poe"

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3641 on: May 19, 2014, 06:16:24 pm »
I'm going with dumbass.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #3642 on: May 19, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

I'm going with "Poe"

I hope so, 'coz if there's a person on this planet who would genuinley compare being asked,"Robots or dinosaurs?" to being raped then I'm just about done with the human race.

It might not be up there with genocide, for example, for things to be annoyed about with humanity but straws and camels' backs and all that.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3643 on: May 19, 2014, 06:27:21 pm »

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3644 on: May 19, 2014, 06:28:18 pm »
I think I'd like to visit this person's tumblr page. For...reasons. Not good reasons, but reasons.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer