Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550487 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4020 on: June 28, 2014, 08:49:29 am »
....that still doesn't explain how the movie is historically inaccurate.

Ironbite-like...at all.

I think it basically boils down to "not 100% faithful to Sami culture, therefore racist and inaccurate".

I think it was the whole "They're not brown therefore whitewashing"

Except... Sami aren't just one skin color, and in fact many of them look white.  You know, winter environment and adaptation and all that.

Except that's not what the comments say.  They're really believing this is something from history.

Ironbite-which is insane!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4021 on: June 28, 2014, 02:34:28 pm »

Now that's super duper edgy!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4022 on: June 28, 2014, 02:52:16 pm »
The Feelers - They think their handsome and just approach girls they think are pretty, saying "Hi!" To them. Like UGH! Get out of my face I'm not interested in you! This makes my blood boil. There just plain ugly and just [snip] accept the fact! Don't feel like your handsome just because SOME! Think your good looking or their just saying that to be nice.

10/10, would feel insecure again. Men are supposed to be the assholes...?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:55:42 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4023 on: June 28, 2014, 02:56:22 pm »
I want to track that person down and force them to do spelling drills at gunpoint.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4024 on: June 28, 2014, 02:58:31 pm »
I want to track that person down and force them to do spelling drills at gunpoint.

Tell me about it. I had to type out that quote and painstakingly leave all the misspelled there/their/they're/you'res.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #4025 on: June 28, 2014, 06:12:19 pm »
Sooo, she wants guys to be insecure about their appearance and not confident about themselves because otherwise that would be Patriarchy?

I third on her spelling.  I may not be the greatest speller myself, but at least I try.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4026 on: June 28, 2014, 10:08:40 pm »

Now that's super duper edgy!
It's like bizzaro AVFM.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4027 on: July 01, 2014, 11:15:23 pm »

I can no longer tell whose trolling and whose serious.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #4028 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:30 pm »

I can no longer tell whose trolling and whose serious.

I really wonder that too sometimes.  I wonder how many are for real, exhibiting Poe's Law, or just plain trolling.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4029 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:02 pm »
Either way, I feel like eating some soul.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4030 on: July 02, 2014, 12:07:42 am »
The “Plurals, Multiples, Medians, and others?” thread is pretty freaking gross. I’ve suffered from sever mental illness since I was a child and the way this glamorizes and normalizes a severe and often crippling disorder like DID into a cute personality trait akin to an over active imagination is disgusting.

Mental illness is not a fun game, and it’s not something you should be encouraging those with mental illness to explore further when it feeds actual medical delusions. This isn’t a fucking game, this is another human’s life.

You want to know what’s really gross? Slinging shade on other people’s experiences—they’re not you, and their experiences won’t be identical to your own. Plurality, multiplicity—these terms aren’t new. I’d say more than a few psychologists and therapists are familiar with them these days. Sure, maybe some people in the thread struggle with DID, while others say they don’t and the experience adds, rather than subtracts, from their life. Regardless, sitting here on Tumblr and calling it gross, that their experiences are ‘a fucking game’… way to be invalidating. Way to be hurtful. Even if it’s a phase they’ll grow out of, what gives you the right to point and call them disgusting?

To immediately reply to the bolded; the reason why it's disgusting is because, when these fucks, who feel they need to shoehorn themselves into every social justice movement to make themselves feel special, decide to grow out of it, they're able to grow out of it and leave.  And all the nasty collateral they leave in their wake will be left to be dealt with by those who can't

It's like when the gay community got mad at that guy who did that fake "coming out" experiment to see what gay people actually deal with, or that guy who made a fake woman account on a dating site because he was convinced women had it easy; at the end of their experiment, or if it gets too hard, they can quit and make their lives easier again.  The actual people they were imitating don't have that luxury.  At least in those two cases, those guys left with a better, more tolerant frame of reference for having simply tasted prejudice and harassment; this whole "headmates" thing could arguably be considered worse since the imitators are not only learning nothing about living with mental illness (because who honestly believes the majority of them parade their headmates around in real life?), but are possibly leaving the community in a worse position than when they found it.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4031 on: July 03, 2014, 04:25:15 am »
*from the deepest depths of the forum, a lurker wakes*

(click to show/hide)

tl;dr: i long for the past days when you could call out people for being asshats without being called an oppressor

*back to lurking*
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4032 on: July 03, 2014, 07:10:04 am »
these people make me mad, not because they're high and mighty (that is, at most, grating). no, they make me mad because their opponents read this, laugh, and stockpile verbal ammo against righteous causes.

Yeah, when you're debating/arguing against someone who is utterly removed from reality it might be annoying (much like the playing chess with a pigeon metaphor) but it is nothing compared to having someone like that on your side.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4033 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:50 pm »
I'm hoping this is a poe, but if not...

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4034 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:24 pm »
...e-excuse me?

That's a horrible thing to say even as a joke.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!