Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551696 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4410 on: September 07, 2014, 08:38:52 pm »
@Ironchew, Magus:

Both of you, if you're going to play the semantics game, at least do it right. State what you think the actual differences between "disorder of sexual preference" and "sexual orientation" are, other than that the former sounds worse than the latter. Otherwise you're not having an argument so much as spewing angry noise at each other.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4411 on: September 07, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »
And homosexuality was removed from that list because it wasn't a disorder of sexual preference, and pedophilia wasn't because it is a disorder of sexual preference.

Who's the one arguing semantics again?  Spoiler: It's you.

That's a circular argument. There really isn't any biological difference between "sexual orientation" and "disorder of sexual preference"; it's only a sociological difference according to the norms and laws of society.

[citation needed]

I already gave you a citation and you started arguing semantics. You don't deserve to have other people doing your own research for you in order to correct your willful ignorance.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4412 on: September 07, 2014, 08:41:52 pm »

>claims all white people fuck animals.
>Is a white person.

Top lel.

HOW DARE YOU HAVE FUN!

Tumblr.com

It's possible to care about black people, poor people, and people with ALS equally you know.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4413 on: September 07, 2014, 08:43:27 pm »
The boob one is almost definitely a troll.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4414 on: September 07, 2014, 08:44:06 pm »
Quickly, Sigma! Only launch of the Paragon cluster thermonuclear apocalypse bringer missiles of doom can prevent a Semantics Cascade!
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4415 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:07 pm »
I can't help but think that might actually be racism in the other direction, essentially comparing non-whites with animals.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4416 on: September 07, 2014, 08:52:41 pm »
Oh, well. Might as well use the launch codes myself. Through the might of shitty photoshop ripoffs nuklear weapons, I will punish you! Oh, shit- I mean, hi UP! How's the kids? Please don't kill me.

Edit: UP's avatar makes a great color burn.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:11:35 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4417 on: September 07, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »
@Ironchew, Magus:

Both of you, if you're going to play the semantics game, at least do it right. State what you think the actual differences between "disorder of sexual preference" and "sexual orientation" are, other than that the former sounds worse than the latter. Otherwise you're not having an argument so much as spewing angry noise at each other.

Simple.  Kids who have been sexually abused are more likely to become pedophiles when they grow up.  There is a traceable cause and effect leading to the fact that this is a disorder, a disruption of what would be normal for that person.  It's worth noting that disorders can set in on their own, including this own.

On the other hand, homosexuality occurs in the same way heterosexuality, the "intended course", is occurred, just in lesser numbers.  Bell curve arguments of "Abnormal" aside, functionally a homosexual person is identical to a heterosexual person, aside from their "mating target."  Homosexuality does have a correlation with artistic capability and being left-handed, though, so it does have an emphasis on one side of the brain, where it could be said that heterosexuality has an emphasis on the other side of the brain, due to the statistically low percentage of left-handed people among straight people.  But it's not a 100% deal.

A better comparison:

Pedophilia is a sexual disorder, like OCD and ADHD are mental disorders.
Homosexuality is a sexual difference, like left-handedness is a brain difference.

Reminder that being left-handed was once considered taboo, too.

And homosexuality was removed from that list because it wasn't a disorder of sexual preference, and pedophilia wasn't because it is a disorder of sexual preference.

That's a circular argument. There really isn't any biological difference between "sexual orientation" and "disorder of sexual preference"; it's only a sociological difference according to the norms and laws of society.

[citation needed]

I already gave you a citation and you started arguing semantics. You don't deserve to have other people doing your own research for you in order to correct your willful ignorance.

Wow.  I literally don't need to say anything.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #4418 on: September 07, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »

A father restricting his child's internet use? What oppression! Is your father Hitler?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4419 on: September 07, 2014, 09:11:51 pm »
Wow, such oppresion.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4420 on: September 07, 2014, 09:13:55 pm »
@Ironchew, Magus:

Simple.  Kids who have been sexually abused are more likely to become pedophiles when they grow up.  There is a traceable cause and effect leading to the fact that this is a disorder, a disruption of what would be normal for that person.  It's worth noting that disorders can set in on their own, including this own.

On the other hand, homosexuality occurs in the same way heterosexuality, the "intended course", is occurred, just in lesser numbers.  Bell curve arguments of "Abnormal" aside, functionally a homosexual person is identical to a heterosexual person, aside from their "mating target."  Homosexuality does have a correlation with artistic capability and being left-handed, though, so it does have an emphasis on one side of the brain, where it could be said that heterosexuality has an emphasis on the other side of the brain, due to the statistically low percentage of left-handed people among straight people.  But it's not a 100% deal.

A better comparison:

Pedophilia is a sexual disorder, like OCD and ADHD are mental disorders.
Homosexuality is a sexual difference, like left-handedness is a brain difference.

Reminder that being left-handed was once considered taboo, too.

[citation needed]

Wow.  I literally don't need to say anything.
Please start a new thread.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #4421 on: September 07, 2014, 09:38:25 pm »
Get a room you two.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4422 on: September 07, 2014, 09:38:38 pm »
So we can do nothing?  Argument ended, as far as I'm concerned.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4423 on: September 07, 2014, 09:39:34 pm »
http://www.peta.org/features/what-peta-really-stands-for/

PETA would argue that humanity has few if any unique capabilities, and that we're "all just animals".

Well, I would argue humanity's evolved far enough we don't need to rely upon what nature gave us. We created tanks, fighter planes, bombers, rifles, missile launchers, grenades...et cetera. With these amazing tools, we stand tall above the competition. With a tank, it doesn't matter how ferocious the lion is - its pulp.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4424 on: September 07, 2014, 09:43:32 pm »
http://www.peta.org/features/what-peta-really-stands-for/

PETA would argue that humanity has few if any unique capabilities

We're capable of consuming poisonous foods and liquids for entertainment, we are adaptive in fight or flight situations, we are the most advance tool-using animal species on the planet, we have developed a way to communicate outside of our species, we have formed symbiotic relations with almost every type of animal, and we're the only animal species on the planet that actually gives a damn about nature, relatively speaking.

I'd say we're plenty damn unique and have a lot going for us.  Not to mention we're the only animal that can kill a lion by shoving an arm down its throat, because we're the only animal to think to do so.

PETA can suck my primate dick.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:48:10 pm by Magus Silveresti »