Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1548999 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5040 on: December 14, 2014, 06:15:43 pm »
Ironbite-you don't dare someone to do something then get all upset when they do the thing you've dared them to do.
That would depend on whether or not it's in the script.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5041 on: December 14, 2014, 06:42:15 pm »
Okay, I've been hearing different stuff about the Plebcomics incident.  I've heard she was doxxed, and I've also heard she's the one who posted or linked to the information and literally dared sjws to contact her employer.

Does that make a difference? Getting someone fired because you don't like their opinions is wrong, even if that person is stupid enough to tempt the infinite hate machine.
Yeah, it makes a difference. Posting your employer's information online and taunting the internet to do something about it is stunningly unprofessional, and I would consider that grounds for termination right then and there.

I'm not sure how that logic checks out. Either trying to get someone fired over their opinions is wrong or it isn't. If she helped that along, she's stupid, maybe even so stupid she shouldn't have a job, but the actions the harassers took are exactly the same either way. Their morality cannot depend on whether or not she is unprofessional, unless your view is that they only tried to get her fired to protect her employer from employing someone who is not a professional.

Deliberately egging on people to bring down shit on her employer would be unprofessional; having it happen incidentally would not (necessarily) be the result of unprofessional conduct.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5042 on: December 14, 2014, 06:58:07 pm »
So, just to make sure I have it right, it's perfectly okay to get people fired as long as they're acting "unprofessional" when not at work.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5043 on: December 14, 2014, 06:59:34 pm »
Check your walking privilege, shitlord.

(click to show/hide)
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5044 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:06 pm »
So, just to make sure I have it right, it's perfectly okay to get people fired as long as they're acting "unprofessional" when not at work.
I think what happened was she posted her employers information so her boss fired her.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5045 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:42 pm »
Check your walking privilege, shitlord.

(click to show/hide)
Hate to disappoint but I'm pretty sure this is a troll.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5046 on: December 14, 2014, 07:05:18 pm »
I'm pretty sure your mom is a troll.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5047 on: December 14, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »
If I'm in the middle of a wrestling ring and my opponent has just been fired up from a vicious promo I've delivered and I tell them to just bring it and they do....I'm not sure how I can explain it any better.

Ironbite-you don't dare someone to do something then get all upset when they do the thing you've dared them to do.

You seem to be focusing on the behaviour of plebcomics, which I've already agreed is stupid (if it's actually true that she dared people to get her fired, which I've not seen confirmed yet). I'm focusing on the behaviour of the people getting her fired.

I think what happened was she posted her employers information so her boss fired her.

Source?
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5048 on: December 14, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »

Source?
I think this is a source, tbh I'm basically quoting vague rumors:http://ogoditsrabid.tumblr.com/post/104825454233/farandolae-plebdox-boy-this-is-really

No I'm not saying pleb deserved to be doxxed, nor do I condone the poeple in this post.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:30:08 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5049 on: December 15, 2014, 03:56:05 am »
The allegation is that she went out and dragged her employer into this fight herself which then caused material damage with the time and resources used to clean the spamming up. IF that is true then she acted unprofessionally and it is grounds for dismissal.

If people just found out who/where her employer was and dragged them into the fight themselves, then there really is no reason to blame her for it, and no reason to fire her.

Make sense? I'm rushing because I've got to go.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5050 on: December 15, 2014, 09:30:20 am »
The allegation is that she went out and dragged her employer into this fight herself which then caused material damage with the time and resources used to clean the spamming up. IF that is true then she acted unprofessionally and it is grounds for dismissal.

If people just found out who/where her employer was and dragged them into the fight themselves, then there really is no reason to blame her for it, and no reason to fire her.

The allegation that a lot of you seem to just be assuming is true, presumably because it makes getting her fired justified.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5051 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:59 am »

The allegation that a lot of you seem to just be assuming is true, presumably because it makes getting her fired justified.
If the allegations we seem to be just assuming are true then that would mean she technically got herself fired.

Say, anyone want to play a game of change the topic?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:00:02 am by I am lizard »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5052 on: December 15, 2014, 10:36:09 am »
Works for me!
(click to show/hide)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5053 on: December 15, 2014, 10:56:02 am »
Works for me!
(click to show/hide)

is this mental illness, excentricity, or plain trolling?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5054 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:38 am »
Works for me!
(click to show/hide)

is this mental illness, excentricity, or plain trolling?

Yes.