Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550671 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5145 on: December 21, 2014, 06:38:11 pm »
I agree with Wil Wheaton. You should be required to disclose your full name, address, and workplace to everyone and anyone you meet on the internet. Surely ending anonymity will make harassment end, rather than worsening it by essentially doxxing everyone!

What's that, you say? Address and workplace aren't necessary? Then how do you think things are going to change? Do you really think people will be so much different depending on whether they're GamerRoxxor or Austin Power?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5146 on: December 21, 2014, 06:45:12 pm »
I agree with Wil Wheaton. You should be required to disclose your full name, address, and workplace to everyone and anyone you meet on the internet. Surely ending anonymity will make harassment end, rather than worsening it by essentially doxxing everyone!

What's that, you say? Address and workplace aren't necessary? Then how do you think things are going to change? Do you really think people will be so much different depending on whether they're GamerRoxxor or Austin Power?
He didn't say everyone on the Internet...

Who, then? Who gets to have this grand repository of names, addresses, phone numbers, and the like?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5147 on: December 21, 2014, 06:52:56 pm »

Who, then? Who gets to have this grand repository of names, addresses, phone numbers, and the like?
He says he wanted to end OA for people in online games.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5148 on: December 21, 2014, 06:53:25 pm »

How nice of him. How. How. How does he plan to do this thing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5149 on: December 21, 2014, 07:05:02 pm »

How nice of him. How. How. How does he plan to do this thing.
First off, chill.
Secondly, I don't really know, all I said was he didn't want to end OA for everyone on the Internet, I never said I approve of his plan how it is.
A better idea would be to give Video Game companies the ability to deal with the many Harrasers in video games.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5150 on: December 23, 2014, 07:03:32 am »
As you may have heard, Wilbur Cerate, a Virginia man, claims that last month, two People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals staffers turned up at his home when he wasn't there, loaded his daughter's Chihuahua, Maya, into a van, and then euthanized her.

Three days later -- this is the real kicker -- the PETA workers are said to have then brought the grieving family a fruit basket.

Parts of this were caught on surveillance video.

Accomack County Sheriff Todd Godwin told WAVY -- the first local news outlet to pursue this bizarre, sad story -- he charged the dog-nappers with larceny, only to see the charges dropped by the Commonwealth Attorney because, as the paper put it, "there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute."

On Wednesday, DELMARVA Now got the names of those who were charged: Victoria Jean Carey, who appears to do HR for the group, and Jennifer Lisa Woods, another longtime PETA staffer who seems to have been quoted in a 1997 article advocating for the "compassionate" euthanasia of homeless cats. (Sure, that was nearly 20 years ago -- but PETA still has a web page up entitled "Euthanasia: The Compassionate Option.")

Godwin told the paper that "both individuals were working on behalf of the PETA Community Assistance Program when the theft occurred."

Compassion, mercy and empathy - PETA's most valued things.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5151 on: December 23, 2014, 08:35:30 am »
So...what's it take to get something classified as a domestic terrorist organization again?  Because PETA's heading down that road pretty damned fast.  Hell, they already fund domestic terrorists.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5152 on: December 23, 2014, 12:41:27 pm »
Wait a second, they stole someone's house pet and euthanized it? WTF?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5153 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:58 pm »
PETA doesn't like pets. If I've understood it correctly they think that owning pets is like slavery so pets should be freed to live in the wild ...apart from the breeds/species that can't survive without human help. Those should all be euthanized.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5154 on: December 23, 2014, 06:23:48 pm »
^^ Lets not mince words - they broke into someone's property, took the pet, and then killed it.

PETA's apparently been doing this kind of thing - randomly picking up outside dogs - for a long time.

Ingrid Newkirk even said in her time at an animal shelter she doesn't remember how many animals she killed as "euthanasia", and sometimes she'd even go there early just to do other people's slaughter quota. She even claimed it felt "fulfilling" or something.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5155 on: December 23, 2014, 06:35:26 pm »
^^ Lets not mince words - they broke into someone's property, took the pet, and then killed it.

PETA's apparently been doing this kind of thing - randomly picking up outside dogs - for a long time.

Ingrid Newkirk even said in her time at an animal shelter she doesn't remember how many animals she killed as "euthanasia", and sometimes she'd even go there early just to do other people's slaughter quota. She even claimed it felt "fulfilling" or something.

that's psychopathy and bloodlust right there. there's something wrong with these people.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5156 on: December 23, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »
So essentially a whole organization made of low functioning psychopaths and the celebrities who support them.

That is nightmarish in its own right.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5157 on: December 23, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »
My god, the sociopathy and loss of regard for life in the statement by Newkirk just sums the bitch up so well. If others kill animals in the name of a cause, that's horrible. But if they do it, it's a-okay.   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:51:08 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5158 on: December 23, 2014, 07:45:21 pm »
"If I say I didn't commit any murders, I didn't, simply because I say so!" - Charles Manson.

"If we do it, its okay, its not murder, because we say so. If they do it, its murder, because they're not us." -Ingrid Newkirk in Summary.

I'm starting to think PETA behaves an awful lot like a certain cult...

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5159 on: December 23, 2014, 10:11:10 pm »
Yeah, and they run their own Helter Skelter Shelter. I guess they borrowed the death van thing from (Godwin).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.