Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551398 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6015 on: April 11, 2015, 12:32:34 pm »
Either way, someone is getting needlessly butthurt over those cartoons.
Well then give examples of people getting needlessly butthurt over cartoons. I mean, there's tons of political cartoons that are legitimatley offensive and deserve massive blowback (Micheal Ramirez, Bruce Tinsley, ect,)

Well, clearly you, for starters.
We've been over this, they're not offended, they just find the idea that the cartoonist can only create cartoons that offend minorities to be stupid.
Also, said minorities you speak off, assuming you can in fact speak for them.
I don't find the cartoon above offensive, just retarded, and if finding retarded things retarded makes one needlesly butthurt, then you'd be one of the most needlesly butthurt people I've met.

Also, are you aware who Micheal Ramirez is? He's made a comic stating Micheal Brown had it coming and another with a drawing of the challenger disaster labled "Obamacare".
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 02:04:19 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #6016 on: April 11, 2015, 01:44:57 pm »
Apparently the XKit guy (XKit is the thing tumblr users use to make tumblr layout not suck balls) was sent a bunch of hate mail because of an unsourced post going around accusing him of being a sexual predator.
He eventually had to quit tumblr.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 01:48:31 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6017 on: April 11, 2015, 01:49:55 pm »
Apparently the XKit guy (XKit is the thing tumblr users use to make tumblr layout not suck balls) was sent a bunch of hate mail because of an unsourced post going around accusing him of being a sexual predator.

It seems like there's always a new boogeyman that leads to witch hunts.  In the 1950s, it was communists.  In the 1980s, it was Satanists.  Now, it's rapists.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6018 on: April 11, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

...Because the fact that Star trek was revolutionary back then (Roddenberry had to fight in order to have a black woman on the bridge of a space ship. And at least one female astronaut has said that Uhura was a big influence for her joining Nasa.) doesn't mean squat when you can judge it from today's perspective.

Yes, never mind the gay asian who was allowed to, you know, act like a human rather than a cartoon with coke-bottle glasses and buck teeth. And never mind the black woman who had to both take the helm and at one point also assume command of the ship as well as having a, yes, white fucking Russian as a member of the command staff during the height of the fucking Cold War.

Stop white-washing history just so you can be offended.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6019 on: April 11, 2015, 03:14:31 pm »

Refusing sex for a month annoys your significant other, so PIV is forced.

Refusing to show up for a month to work gets you fired, so jobs are slavery.

Refusing to blog for a month on Tumblr annoys your followers, so Tumblr is an obligation.

PIV in particular? So in this hypothetical situation, basically any other sexual contact is okay? Just no sticking the pOnOs in the vagOOO?

I'd be completely fine with that in this hypothetical situation, as a male. So clearly, PIV is not forced. Well, glad we got that figured out.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6020 on: April 11, 2015, 03:43:03 pm »

...Because the fact that Star trek was revolutionary back then (Roddenberry had to fight in order to have a black woman on the bridge of a space ship. And at least one female astronaut has said that Uhura was a big influence for her joining Nasa.) doesn't mean squat when you can judge it from today's perspective.

Yes, never mind the gay asian who was allowed to, you know, act like a human rather than a cartoon with coke-bottle glasses and buck teeth. And never mind the black woman who had to both take the helm and at one point also assume command of the ship as well as having a, yes, white fucking Russian as a member of the command staff during the height of the fucking Cold War.

Stop white-washing history just so you can be offended.

What's more, Roddenberry wanted more female characters, but the suits said no because "People might think some fooling around is going on." The suits never heard of slash fic. (In fact, Spirk may have been the first fandom pairing.)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6021 on: April 11, 2015, 04:17:33 pm »

And seeing as how Staff changed up tumblr, there's another faction demanding he come back and fix everything.

Ironbite-I giggle so hard right now.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6022 on: April 11, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »
If I were XKit guy, I would not come back to that place. We Tumblrites deserve everything we get from the staff.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #6023 on: April 11, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »

And seeing as how Staff changed up tumblr, there's another faction demanding he come back and fix everything.

Ironbite-I giggle so hard right now.
Eh, appently everyone is upset about it as not very many were aware it was happening.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #6024 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

It seems like there's always a new boogeyman that leads to witch hunts.  In the 1950s, it was communists.  In the 1980s, it was Satanists.  Now, it's rapists.
No they aren't. With those other things the threat was non-existent, but rape is an incredibly common occurence (it's something like 1-20 women and 1-50 men).

Plus, the decades witch hunt is Mudslimes and A-rabs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:36:19 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6025 on: April 11, 2015, 05:43:10 pm »

No they aren't. With those other things the threat was non-existent, but rape is an incredibly common occurence (it's something like 1-20 women and 1-50 men).

Plus, the decades witch hunt is Mudslimes and A-rabs.

I'm not saying it isn't a problem; all I'm saying is that there have been incidents of hysteria, ones that hurt innocent people.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6026 on: April 11, 2015, 06:09:10 pm »
I don't find the cartoon above offensive, just retarded, and if finding retarded things retarded makes one needlesly butthurt, then you'd be one of the most needlesly butthurt people I've met.

Also, are you aware who Micheal Ramirez is? He's made a comic stating Micheal Brown had it coming and another with a drawing of the challenger disaster labled "Obamacare".
I wasn't referring to that specific cartoon, I was talking about the angst over other cartoons that it's mocking.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #6027 on: April 11, 2015, 07:13:41 pm »

I wasn't referring to that specific cartoon, I was talking about the angst over other cartoons that it's mocking.
Ah.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6028 on: April 12, 2015, 08:53:53 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #6029 on: April 12, 2015, 09:01:16 pm »
r/iamverysmart