Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551529 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6195 on: May 09, 2015, 03:48:50 pm »
Or it could just be a place where trolls aren't allowed to spam rape jokes and insult people based on their race or sexuality and so on.

I'm not saying that's necessarily what a safe space must be or must not be. I'm simply giving my opinion as to the implications the word "safe space" gives me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6196 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »
Here's this bullshit:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/28999455/students-protest-after-history-teacher-punished-for-showing-homosexual-psa

The guy speaks out against homophobia, apparently triggers some students because he mentioned homophobia, and gets fired for it.

You can't make this shit up.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6197 on: May 09, 2015, 09:53:54 pm »
I think the best part is the bit where his current students didn't take part in the organized protest because they were afraid of possible reprisals.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6198 on: May 09, 2015, 09:58:22 pm »
That's what I think of when I hear the word 'safe space' too, I'll admit. A place where dissent is prohibited, and you can be surrounded only by people who wholly support whatever opinion you may have, whether it be right or wrong.

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6199 on: May 10, 2015, 07:31:24 pm »
I was going to post this in the Worst Political Cartoons thread but I think it makes more sense here.

I'm not really sure we can call this one a "worst" when you have tumblrinas saying shit like this:

And it was pointed out on WTFSocialJustice that coercively gendering someone comes from doctors performing surgery on intersex people to make them either male or female. So...appropriation?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6200 on: May 10, 2015, 11:05:10 pm »
Until they tell me otherwise, I'm going with gender assigned at birth. When Timmy tells me he's Tammy, I'm fine with that. But until then he's Timmy.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6201 on: May 11, 2015, 12:54:06 am »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6202 on: May 11, 2015, 12:59:14 am »
There is so much wrong with that image that I could probably write an entire midterm paper for my World History class and still have shit left over to write six more.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6203 on: May 11, 2015, 02:30:59 am »
Among those is that when you tie a dead animal like a wild boar up like that for butchering, you usually tie both legs.

This also highlights that that is clearly a silhouette of a walking pig that they half-ass photoshopped. Seriously, tilt your head to the right 90 degrees.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6204 on: May 11, 2015, 03:37:36 pm »

I just bought a leg of cured ham (6,5kg of méat and bone). does that make me the new grand wizard of the kkk?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6205 on: May 11, 2015, 08:52:57 pm »
Yes.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6206 on: May 11, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »
we are so terribly sorry, but you have suddenly become Grand Wizard of the Klan. Now, it is time to put on the ceremonial blue bed sheets and fancypants hat.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #6207 on: May 11, 2015, 11:53:59 pm »

Straight guy takes gay friend to prom so he wouldn't be alone, Tumblrina wants to beat the shit out of him.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6208 on: May 12, 2015, 04:39:29 am »
Doesn't see the irony in that at all

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6209 on: May 12, 2015, 05:54:49 am »

Straight guy takes gay friend to prom so he wouldn't be alone, Tumblrina wants to beat the shit out of him.
I think they're mad because 1) those guys got more attention than they do and 2) Ellen gave them $10,000 (in scholarships I believe) because the story went viral. I've seen a lot of people critizing Ellen for giving away 10k to nearly any clown who ends up in her show (she gave 10k to the #TheDress family for christsake), but it's her money, she earned it, and she can do what she wants with it.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!