Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550472 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6585 on: July 14, 2015, 12:25:32 am »
Those statistics may not be accurate.  Women are rarely arrested or prosecuted for child molestation in all but the most blatant and obvious cases.  And even in obvious cases, people don't always act against them.

Ok, but we have to work with what we have. Can you make an argument as to why this effect should be big enough to actually reverse the trend compared to the statistics that exist right now?

Do you at least acknowledge that "most child abusers are women" is not actually a strong argument for "most child sexual abusers are women"?

As for the severity of punishment, it demonstrates the fact that female child molesters aren't taken as seriously as male child molesters, which ties into the aforementioned flawed statistical analysis.

Fair point.
Σא

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6586 on: July 14, 2015, 09:21:42 am »

here's a gender when it's too much of a hassle to have a gender.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6587 on: July 14, 2015, 09:42:43 am »
Those statistics may not be accurate.  Women are rarely arrested or prosecuted for child molestation in all but the most blatant and obvious cases.  And even in obvious cases, people don't always act against them.

Ok, but we have to work with what we have. Can you make an argument as to why this effect should be big enough to actually reverse the trend compared to the statistics that exist right now?

Do you at least acknowledge that "most child abusers are women" is not actually a strong argument for "most child sexual abusers are women"?

Why should we assume that most child molesters are men?  It doesn't seem to follow, given that most child abusers and child murderers are women.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/227441/children-most-often-killed-mothers

To me, it just seems logical that the same is true of child molesters.  But I'm willing to acknowledge that I might be wrong.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:44:58 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6588 on: July 14, 2015, 12:27:53 pm »
They do though, UP. Go to a playground and have a seat on a bench for a little while and look at the moms. Don't stare but look at the moms' faces. Then have a lady you know do the same thing.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6589 on: July 14, 2015, 12:54:36 pm »

Well, they're right in saying that he didn't have a funeral... because he's still alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Giunta

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6590 on: July 14, 2015, 01:04:54 pm »
he's a medal of honor recipient awarded for his tours in afghanistan, not irak. but you know, details, details...

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6591 on: July 14, 2015, 02:55:00 pm »
Most people think that the blog that posted that image is a troll blog, since they also made posts like this:

and this:

I don’t much about the events, but all I know is a dragonkin brother was lost. Rest well, Mike Brown, I fold/bow my wings to you.

Still, troll or not, it's kinda scummy using someone's actually name and image to spread this shit.  It kinda reminds of that one time a troll came here claiming to be an actual pastor.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6592 on: July 14, 2015, 08:40:23 pm »

Why should we assume that most child molesters are men?  It doesn't seem to follow, given that most child abusers and child murderers are women.

To me, it just seems logical that the same is true of child molesters.  But I'm willing to acknowledge that I might be wrong.

Because

A) That's what the statistics we actually have say, and you haven't provided a decent argument as to why we should assume women are so undercounted as to reverse the trend.

B) To mirror your "most child abusers are women" argument, most sexual abusers are men. So why do you assume the relevant supercategory of "child sexual abuse" is "child abuse" and not "sexual abuse"?
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6593 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:34 pm »

Because

A) That's what the statistics we actually have say, and you haven't provided a decent argument as to why we should assume women are so undercounted as to reverse the trend.

B) To mirror your "most child abusers are women" argument, most sexual abusers are men. So why do you assume the relevant supercategory of "child sexual abuse" is "child abuse" and not "sexual abuse"?

A.  There are many, many researchers and academics who concur on this point.  One example is Steven B. Blum, a consulting psychologist to a sex offender program in Nebraska.  Zoe Hilton of the NSPCC is another.  And here's an eye-opening bit of muckraking:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/taboo-tolerance/female-sexual-abuse-the-untold-story-of-societys-last-taboo-1767688.html

B.  Most murderers are men, but the majority of child killers are women.  There is every reason to apply the same logic to sex offenders.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6594 on: July 15, 2015, 12:03:53 am »
Because

A.  There are many, many researchers and academics who concur on this point.  One example is Steven B. Blum, a consulting psychologist to a sex offender program in Nebraska.  Zoe Hilton of the NSPCC is another.  And here's an eye-opening bit of muckraking:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/taboo-tolerance/female-sexual-abuse-the-untold-story-of-societys-last-taboo-1767688.html[/quote]

Cites for those two, please? I can find a lot of comments saying that female sexual abuse is under-reported and I'm certain that's true. I cannot find anything suggesting the under-reporting is so bad that the real figure is over 50%.

B.  Most murderers are men, but the majority of child killers are women.  There is every reason to apply the same logic to sex offenders.

Actually, I looked into that a bit further, and I'm not sure that's true. Women are more likely to kill infants up to the first week of life, but men are more likely to kill after that. (source). Most infant death happens in that period, contributing to the numbers for murderesses over murderers, but overall there are more men, I think. Couldn't find good numbers on that.

Anyway, it seems clear that women as child killers are mostly driven by effects during the first week after birth, probably postpartum psychosis or related phenomena. Even if it was true that women are more likely to kill children than men* it's because of a specific effect that doesn't transfer to the sexual abuse scenario.

*Your source doesn't even say that, it just says that mothers are the highest risk group at 45%, not stating if there are any other women killers to fill the needed 5% to reach parity. It's a pretty small sample, too, only 101 victims.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6595 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:49 am »
Because

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/taboo-tolerance/female-sexual-abuse-the-untold-story-of-societys-last-taboo-1767688.html

Cites for those two, please? I can find a lot of comments saying that female sexual abuse is under-reported and I'm certain that's true. I cannot find anything suggesting the under-reporting is so bad that the real figure is over 50%.

Actually, I looked into that a bit further, and I'm not sure that's true. Women are more likely to kill infants up to the first week of life, but men are more likely to kill after that. (source). Most infant death happens in that period, contributing to the numbers for murderesses over murderers, but overall there are more men, I think. Couldn't find good numbers on that.

Anyway, it seems clear that women as child killers are mostly driven by effects during the first week after birth, probably postpartum psychosis or related phenomena. Even if it was true that women are more likely to kill children than men* it's because of a specific effect that doesn't transfer to the sexual abuse scenario.

*Your source doesn't even say that, it just says that mothers are the highest risk group at 45%, not stating if there are any other women killers to fill the needed 5% to reach parity. It's a pretty small sample, too, only 101 victims.
[/quote]

I think this deserves its own thread.

But anyway, here's some idiocy:

Integration, is one of the worst things to ever happen to Black people, and is the worst thing we continue to let happen.
-Unite as a people first.
-Build ourselves up first,
-Build our wealth/Finances
-Get rid of our unemployment rate. 
-Strengthen our Black Families (stop all that side bitch/hoe nonesense)
-Fall in Love with our men and women and date and marry out own Black Women and Men.
-Strengthen our black neighborhoods.

They’ve done it themselves. And they’ll call you Racist for even thinking of doing it.  The “New Black” fails to see that’s hes what’s being destroyed as he leaves his/her history behind trying to forget the past. Not knowing that we’re all, as blacks currently living in the past. They’ve convinced them that Racism is over now that its more silent. We’re many steps behind them and unequal in their, but they preach equality to get you to move on and not get what their race already has. They’re all well built families and well gathered to the point where they’re together all the time, in businesses and family wise. But they’ve got us separated to the point, that they can make us sing and come together Only when one of our people die/get shot. And when it’s over we disperse. We’re not going to get anything accomplished this way.

Integration, is one of the worst things to ever happen to Black people. A race that lives in the same place as its oppressors and lives their oppressors way, and working for their oppressors, and stay unequal without building solely for their people, are a people that will be erased, slowly. They killed Malcom X for speaking these words, because they know. There is a reason Black Wall Street was Bombed and Burned down.

Where do I even begin with this nonsense?

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6596 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:54 am »
But anyway, here's some idiocy:

Integration, is one of the worst things to ever happen to Black people, and is the worst thing we continue to let happen.
-Unite as a people first.
-Build ourselves up first,
-Build our wealth/Finances
-Get rid of our unemployment rate. 
-Strengthen our Black Families (stop all that side bitch/hoe nonesense)
-Fall in Love with our men and women and date and marry out own Black Women and Men.
-Strengthen our black neighborhoods.

They’ve done it themselves. And they’ll call you Racist for even thinking of doing it.  The “New Black” fails to see that’s hes what’s being destroyed as he leaves his/her history behind trying to forget the past. Not knowing that we’re all, as blacks currently living in the past. They’ve convinced them that Racism is over now that its more silent. We’re many steps behind them and unequal in their, but they preach equality to get you to move on and not get what their race already has. They’re all well built families and well gathered to the point where they’re together all the time, in businesses and family wise. But they’ve got us separated to the point, that they can make us sing and come together Only when one of our people die/get shot. And when it’s over we disperse. We’re not going to get anything accomplished this way.

Integration, is one of the worst things to ever happen to Black people. A race that lives in the same place as its oppressors and lives their oppressors way, and working for their oppressors, and stay unequal without building solely for their people, are a people that will be erased, slowly. They killed Malcom X for speaking these words, because they know. There is a reason Black Wall Street was Bombed and Burned down.

Where do I even begin with this nonsense?

you know what's wrong with the world? racist people see things way too frequently as black and white.  (i'll get my hat)

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6597 on: July 15, 2015, 12:11:37 pm »
Can the racists make up their minds on which "races" are being bred out of the gene pool?  Get yer fucking story straight, at least.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6598 on: July 15, 2015, 01:15:42 pm »
Please tell me I just can't brain today, because to me it seems like you are demanding that racists would get together and decide which of their races is the "master race" and which are the untersmensch that try to spoil their pure bloodline.

That is like asking rabid Soccer fans to decide which of the teams is the best one.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6599 on: July 15, 2015, 07:07:02 pm »
Please tell me I just can't brain today, because to me it seems like you are demanding that racists would get together and decide which of their races is the "master race" and which are the untersmensch that try to spoil their pure bloodline.

That is like asking rabid Soccer fans to decide which of the teams is the best one.

I would like that very much, too.  As well every other sports team.  It'd settle a lot of annoying, pointless disputes.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.