Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550481 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #7590 on: November 11, 2015, 12:51:40 am »
Wait, what.

I have no idea.  These morons misuse "rape" more than a weeaboo misuses "desu."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7591 on: November 11, 2015, 12:53:20 am »
I think they are talking about animal husbandry practices in the beef industry

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7592 on: November 11, 2015, 02:50:01 am »
Since when do dragons eat rocks in the first place? I thought mostly ate princesses.
Spike eats diamonds in My little pony. I think that is where that meme comes from and I've seen a few "dragon-kin" posts where people talk about their "need" to eat jewels and diamonds in particular.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7593 on: November 11, 2015, 06:08:24 am »
Since when do dragons eat rocks in the first place? I thought mostly ate princesses.
Spike eats diamonds in My little pony. I think that is where that meme comes from and I've seen a few "dragon-kin" posts where people talk about their "need" to eat jewels and diamonds in particular.
But doesn't Spike eat other things as well? If I remember correctly, jewels seem to be like candy for him, not a staple of his diet. Why would someone feel someone feel some overpowering need to eat something that's not essential to their species? Oh, right, because they're a bunch of bored, embarrassing twelve year olds.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Even Then

« Reply #7594 on: November 11, 2015, 06:33:39 am »

Twenty years ago, this idiot would've yelled at Chicanos for not considering Speedy Gonzales offensive.

Then again, a (insert marginalized group here) Halloween costume doesn't stop being a thing that shits on members of (insert marginalized group here) just because one prominent member of (insert marginalized group here) says it's not a thing that shits on (insert marginalized group here).

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7595 on: November 11, 2015, 06:51:06 am »
But doesn't Spike eat other things as well? If I remember correctly, jewels seem to be like candy for him, not a staple of his diet. Why would someone feel someone feel some overpowering need to eat something that's not essential to their species? Oh, right, because they're a bunch of bored, embarrassing twelve year olds.
The show also has dragons making hoards of gems and eating them. I suppose it is possible that an adult dragon would build a food storage with nothing but the equivalent of candy but unless there are scenes showing a dragon other than Spike eating something that isn't rare gems I have another theory.

Maybe it's like with owners who force vegan diet on their cats? The rest of the food that Spike eats is really unhealthy for him but he learned to eat it because Twilight either can't afford to get him proper food or because she has been using up Spike's food allowance to buy more books for herself. After all, Spike grew up with Twilight and it has been shown that the pony knowledge of dragons is limited and even Spike himself doesn't know how to live as a dragon.

(Note that I have not seen all the episodes so there is a chance that my theory is flawed.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7596 on: November 11, 2015, 07:30:45 am »
The show also has dragons making hoards of gems and eating them. I suppose it is possible that an adult dragon would build a food storage with nothing but the equivalent of candy but unless there are scenes showing a dragon other than Spike eating something that isn't rare gems I have another theory.

Maybe it's like with owners who force vegan diet on their cats? The rest of the food that Spike eats is really unhealthy for him but he learned to eat it because Twilight either can't afford to get him proper food or because she has been using up Spike's food allowance to buy more books for herself. After all, Spike grew up with Twilight and it has been shown that the pony knowledge of dragons is limited and even Spike himself doesn't know how to live as a dragon.

(Note that I have not seen all the episodes so there is a chance that my theory is flawed.)
Hmm. You've got a point, but on the other hand, who cares?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7597 on: November 11, 2015, 08:15:02 am »

I think there is an urban myth or rad-vegan gospel behind this one; a myth that meat eating causes aggression, as in it brings out your inner caveman, and it's been updated to include that hormones added to cattle feed does the same. Growth hormone is what they add, btw. It's like the old rad-vegan myth that eating meat makes your body stink. And that vegan shit don't stink.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:45:19 am by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7598 on: November 11, 2015, 08:30:30 am »
If anything, red meat soothes my aggression.  Then again, I more have problems with anger than aggression, soooo...yeah.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7599 on: November 11, 2015, 06:10:39 pm »

That picture of the "real" Mozart in the middle is actually a picture of Chevalier de Saint-Georges, who is sometimes referred to as the Black Mozart.  He was a huge celebrity in his day, being a master swordsman, an amazing violinist, conductor, and composer of many operas.  Why don't Afrocentrists celebrate this guy instead of making stuff up about other composers?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7600 on: November 11, 2015, 06:16:51 pm »
Where would be the divisive fun in that?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #7601 on: November 11, 2015, 06:30:57 pm »

This:

I think they are talking about animal husbandry practices in the beef industry

Thinking insemination practices as rape is just logical for a more extreme animal rights activist who considers cows to have similar rights to sexual self-determination as humans have.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7602 on: November 12, 2015, 01:52:06 am »
Hmm. You've got a point, but on the other hand, who cares?

Have you seen the MLP fandom? Some of them consider this EXTREMELY serious business!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7603 on: November 12, 2015, 06:25:29 pm »
I support government-subsidized abortion mega-clinics, graduated income tax based on penis size, the use of unmanned predator drones to shoot spitwads at Donald Trump, tax breaks for sexually active, cohabitating, non-married couples, and mining the cast of Jersey Shore to restore world petroleum reserves.

RAVYNOUSHUNTER FOR DICTATOR!  FOR A STRANGER, MORE INTERESTING AMERICA!

My name is The L and I support this message.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7604 on: November 12, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »
Even though obesity purely by itself does not cause many health issues (stress/damage to the joints being one) it is often either a side effect of other health issues OR an aggravating factor to other health issues and diseases.

Besides, being slightly overweight won't usually do harm but there is a point where person becomes dangerously obese and that cannot be denied no matter how much you stress body positivity or right to make your own choices on health.

This is true.  However, we also live in a society in which an obese woman suffered from LUNG CANCER for 5 years, with doctor after doctor after doctor just telling her "Oh, you just need to lose some weight--that's why you're short of breath!" and ignoring her other symptoms.  It took that fucking long for her to find a doctor who would even perform any scans or tests whatsoever to find out if anything else was going on.  She lost a lung, and could have lost her life, because of a common phenomenon known as "medical fat-shaming" by the overweight crowd.

It's one thing to say "obesity can contribute to a variety of health problems."  It is quite another to pretend that ALL of a fat person's health problems can be solved by them just not being fat anymore.  That's not always how it works.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!