Author Topic: Not Always Thread  (Read 80327 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Not Always Thread
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2014, 11:26:51 pm »
These people exist?
Yes, they do. I once had to make a BEEF taco pizza WITH NO BEEF. Dude didn't want a vegetarian pizza because "vegetarian is jus' Indian for 'bad hunter'", he wanted a beef taco pizza with no beef. He got a vegetarian taco pizza and a $6 asshole surcharge.

Adding beef to a pizza costs $6?
No, but treating the staff like they exist to serve you does. If my manager's there, she might say "make sure they come back" which is code for "add the asshole surcharge". If she's not, we leave a note and she reviews the incident on the cameras. If she doesn't agree with our assessment of someone's douchebaggery, she refunds the customer out of our paychecks.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2014, 03:14:51 am »
Wait... there is a literal asshole surcharge!?

That is so cool.  The best that I could ever do was give people decaf instead of regular espresso when I was a Barnes & Noble barista.  This is better.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2014, 08:14:42 am »
Wait... there is a literal asshole surcharge!?

That is so cool.  The best that I could ever do was give people decaf instead of regular espresso when I was a Barnes & Noble barista.  This is better.
Yep, it's awesome. It directly encourages good customer service to jackasses (revenge is sweet!) while discouraging them to come and bother us again. The "if I disagree with you the refund come outa your paycheck" discourages abuse/overuse. Apparently my manger was a bartender for a while and the bar she worked at had a "jackass surcharge" of $20 or 25% of your tab (whichever seemed appropriate) if you were too annoying to go unpunished but not disruptive enough to get a bouncer.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2014, 10:53:30 pm »
How do you explain the additional charge to the customer?  Do you actually say something to the extent of, "That's $35.95 of the pizza, plus $6 for being a dick, which brings your total to $41.95."

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:03 am »
How do you explain the additional charge to the customer?  Do you actually say something to the extent of, "That's $35.95 of the pizza, plus $6 for being a dick, which brings your total to $41.95."
By pressing the "delivery charge" button thrice, which displays a generic "surcharge" to the customer. The old guard can remember a couple instances where the customer questioned it, but the cashier just played dumb.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2014, 04:52:10 pm »
Double post YEEEAH

http://notalwayslearning.com/not-quite-a-klandestine-answer/34373

I didn't quite laugh, but I made a weird "snerrk" sound that made the cat jump.

http://notalwayslearning.com/carpe-dallas/34317

Who the hell still teaches Latin?
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »
It's usually offered as an elective course sorta like a lot of other languages but not as important. (As a side note if I were to start my own country I would make the official language Latin just to fuck with people.)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:33 pm »
Okay, the Latin class is damned funny, I'll say that.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2014, 09:47:29 pm »
So going back through archives (on account of wanting a laugh and having nothing better to do), I found this one:

http://notalwayslearning.com/judge-not-lest-ye-get-jumped/31491

EDIT: And I found another one: how many trigger warnings would this need to be posted on Tumblr?

http://notalwayslearning.com/revenge-is-sweat/31281
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:46:05 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2014, 11:21:05 pm »
I took two years of Spanish in high school and one year of Latin in college.  That year of Latin is the only reason that I understand any Spanish at all, and it improved my English a lot as well.

Oh, but I didn't really learn any Latin.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2014, 05:37:50 pm »
Not sure if this one's been posted here before, but this is classic creationist idiocy.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:59 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2014, 11:52:29 pm »
Speaking as a longtime furry fandom member... meh, I've seen worse.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."