Author Topic: Doctor Who General  (Read 58465 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Doctor Who General
« Reply #300 on: December 19, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »
Idk that was what I was referencing. lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2013, 05:57:42 pm »
Three's first episode featured him in the shower, so this isn't the first time The Doctor was nude during an awkward moment.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »
Just found out that Billy Piper's going to be at the Doctor Who convention I'm going to in February.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2013, 07:17:17 pm »
Its a shame that she played possibly the worst character in the show's history.
Who needs a signature?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #304 on: December 20, 2013, 09:19:47 pm »
Three's first episode featured him in the shower, so this isn't the first time The Doctor was nude during an awkward moment.

Oh yeah!  I'd totally forgot about that iconic moment in Spearhead From Space where you get to see Three's Navy tattoo. ;)

It's funny how various folks tried to make that tattoo canon in fics and discussions.  Saying it was from some prison planet, or for a Gallifreyan fraternity or initiation blah blah blah.  Pertwee was in the Royal Navy.   Get over it. :p

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2013, 12:27:25 am »
I don't get the Rose hate.

ETA: I'm gonna sketch a picture of her and get her to sign it.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2013, 12:38:10 am »
Cool.  Good luck and hope you have a good time. :)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2013, 03:43:25 am »
I don't get the Rose hate.

Before I watched season 2, neither did I. Then I watched as all character development she had in season 1 went away and she not only went back to being a bitch to everyone, she became MORE of a bitch. I can forgive her treatment of Mickey and her mother in the first season because it showed room for character development. However, she never changed. She continued to be a complete bitch to everyone. Sarah Jane? Pissy and jealous because she knew the Doctor. Mickey? Pissy because he wasn't the Doctor.

Then she had a needlessly overblown send off that was bigger and more ceremonious than ANY Doctor's send off. Then Davies managed to make the show about her in the next two seasons, first by putting her on such a pedestal that the Doctor spent all of season 3 moping around because Rose was gone. Martha was written to make Rose seem even better by making her obsessed with the Doctor in the same Rose was, but she wasn't as special as Rose.

Then season 4, she NEARLY DESTROYED THE MULTIVERSE because she's a selfish bitch that couldn't stand not being with the Doctor. What does she get in response to NEARLY DESTROYING THE MULTIVERSE? Her own Doctor clone (that she just starts making out with in front of the Doctor) and a happy ending. The Doctor has KILLED people for smaller offenses than that. The only reason these actions didn't make her into a villain (which would have been a really neat twist) is because she's Rose and Rose can't do ANYTHING wrong.
Who needs a signature?

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2013, 03:53:41 am »
I've read a lot of reviews that mention suspicion of Rose being RTD's Mary Sue.   I dunno.  I'm just glad it's moved on, more or less. 

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2013, 10:02:44 am »
Yeaaaaaaaah, RTD could've done a lot better with Rose during Series 2 and beyond.  I don't mind the Doctor falling in love with someone, even if that someone's a companion.  He's still a thinking person, and thinking folks have needs, and romance is one of the easiest ways to create drama in storytelling.  Hell, I don't mind him obsessing over her so much, either; you love someone, you do tend to obsess just a little bit, and coming hot off the heels of a horrendous, bloody war in which the Doctor was directly responsible for the destruction of billions of lives, it stands to reason that he'd be a little clingy to the good things in life.

However, that still don't excuse her basically becoming a massive asshole to her loved ones, and reappearing in every David Tennant series as a major plot point.  Poor Sarah Jane didn't get such royal treatment.  Amy and Rory don't seem to be getting that treatment, either, which is good.

Then again, one could also argue that 11 learned from the love of 9 and 10, and how it could very well screw him emotionally in the end, and has since decided that such romantic things either weren't for him, weren't appropriate, or just weren't worth the pain, hence why neither Amy and Rory or Clara seem to have gotten that treatment.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #310 on: December 22, 2013, 03:11:42 pm »

Well, that's looking on the bright side.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #311 on: December 22, 2013, 03:29:18 pm »
It did sort of fit with that particular incarnation's personality, though.  LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME WATCH ME BE AWESOME AND SAVE THE WORLD AND STUFF!

Also...  BASK IN IT, BITCHES!

Though Colin Baker's portrayal in the audios (which I like muchly) is much more like he originally wanted to play the Doctor. 

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 03:31:27 pm by The Doctor »

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2013, 06:25:59 pm »
I think the Doctor/Companion romance thing is played out in all possible variants of unrequitedness, UST, triangles, and stuff by now. I'd like to see the show return to classic Who's approach to romance for a while.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »
I don't hate Rose. I just don't get why some act like the sun shines out her arse. Or that she is in any way a good role model. Billie Piper herself is grade A tho

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #314 on: December 23, 2013, 08:31:33 pm »
I don't hate Rose. I just don't get why some act like the sun shines out her arse. Or that she is in any way a good role model. Billie Piper herself is grade A tho

There was that whole Top Gear thing, though...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.