Author Topic: Susan G. Komen caves anti-choicers  (Read 13120 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Susan G. Komen caves anti-choicers
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:11 am »

In case you want to know, I'm pro-choice who chooses to be generally pro-life.  As in, I'm against abortion, but I recognize that it is sometimes necessary.

Most pro-choicers are. :)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:00:20 pm »

In case you want to know, I'm pro-choice who chooses to be generally pro-life.  As in, I'm against abortion, but I recognize that it is sometimes necessary.

Most pro-choicers are. :)
^This. Pro-choice =/= ABORT ALL THE BABIES. Rather, they understand that abortion is an option that must be kept available to women but regret the various circumstances that make it necessary.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 12:46:19 pm »
Not to mention how they sued multiple other charities for using the phrase "for the cure." While using donation money to contribute to the legal fees.
Well, you know how it is. Cancer just won’t listen unless you have a well established and defended brand identity.

Many NGOs or other charity organisations are like this.

Also, fuck you Komen, I hope you get breat cancer and then can't pay for treatment because there is no PP and you can't afford private health cover.

That's not right. You shouldn't wish cancer of any type on anyone... :/ No matter how much you dislike them.

As for the story... thanks Komen. I'll continue supporting PP and St. Jude.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 03:37:41 pm »
You shouldn't wish cancer of any type on anyone... :/ No matter how much you dislike them.

Bah. I'm not sure this Komen person did enough to deserve it, but I still think this sentiment is tripe. Karma does not exist, but it damn well should. If wanting to see a stoning advocate get caught in a rockslide is wrong, hey, I don't want to be right.

Also, I don't think that post was serious, so the point is moot.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 03:55:46 pm »
Just one of my triggers, I suppose.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 04:18:29 pm »
Here is a letter from One Million Moms, Bryan Fischer's puppet group celebrating the decision:

Also like I said this is backfiring on Komen. PP actually got more donations!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:24:22 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:47:16 pm »
"Victory for life."

That phrase is just precious.

I think someone on the comments for this article said it best:

The Catholic Church keeps covering up sex abuse & they make excuses for it. A local Planned Parenthood clinic allegedly does it once & they demand the destruction of every clinic.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 04:58:06 pm »
And PP did the right thing and reported the guy to the FBI before the story "broke".

(For those who don't know, anti-abortion activist tried and fail to prove that all of PP was involved in human trafficking. James O'Keefe was part of that failure: http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102010014).
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »
Why don't these idiots understand that the majority of things that Planned Parenthood does don't relate to abortion?  While I'm sure most pro-lifers also don't support this move, those that do are just backing up the stereotype that pro-lifers really don't care about the health of women.  Cancer screening is very important, and to see people who claim to be pro-life be against something as necessary as this is really disappointing.

This is why I prefer to use the term "anti-choice" rather than "pro-life" to describe them. Most of them don't give two shits about the baby after it's born, or about the mother or anyone else for that matter. They just like to have control over people.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
"Victory for life."

Unless you're one of those women who could possibly suffer from breast cancer. But hey, who gives a fuck about them, right?

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »
But, Jebusfire, their issue is about abortion, so there's no way they can be affecting cancer victims!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 08:40:31 pm »
Why are charities, businesses, entertainment companies, etc. always caving in to a tiny group of fringe wackos? They have money & influence: SAY NO! IT'S EASY!

WHACKO: "Don't support PP!"

KOMEN: "HELL NO, YOU FRINGE FANATIC WACKO!"

That's the way it should go! It's so EAAASSYY TO SAY "NO!"

GOD! CHICKEN SHITS!!!!

Quoth Tommy Wiseau, "CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP CHEEEEPPPP...."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 09:05:15 pm »
I did research. Komen has always been a far-right fraud! Little of it's donations go to cancer. I think it's a front group to fund the far-right subhumans! I'm glad this happened! Now everyone will know what a lie Komen is. Komen For The Cure isn't a real charity....it's a FRONT GROUP to bilk Real Americans to fund the Antichrist aka THE FAR-RIGHT DOMININONIST FASCIST FUCKERS OF THE DEMIURGIC GOATFUCK GAWD!

THE GOATFUCK GOD CAN GET ASS-RAPED BY THE HORNED GOD WHILE GIVING THE MOTHER GODDESS CUNNILINGUS!!!

LIBERALISM WILL RISE AGAIN & STEAMROLL NEO-CONSERVATISM TO BITS!

It's beginning now: The Occupy Movement...RINOS being laughing stocks...RINO/Teabag infighting...all the activism on the internet (that's where the revolution is at, baby)...finally, young Righties are a minority, most Righties are old & they'll die out! Give it time, thing will get better.

I know darn well that the Canadians are going to kick Harper out!

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »
I did research. Komen has always been a far-right fraud! Little of it's donations go to cancer. I think it's a front group to fund the far-right subhumans! I'm glad this happened! Now everyone will know what a lie Komen is. Komen For The Cure isn't a real charity....it's a FRONT GROUP to bilk Real Americans to fund the Antichrist aka THE FAR-RIGHT DOMININONIST FASCIST FUCKERS OF THE DEMIURGIC GOATFUCK GAWD!

THE GOATFUCK GOD CAN GET ASS-RAPED BY THE HORNED GOD WHILE GIVING THE MOTHER GODDESS CUNNILINGUS!!!

It's beginning now: The Occupy Movement...RINOS being laughing stocks...RINO/Teabag infighting...all the activism on the internet (that's where the revolution is at, baby)...finally, young Righties are a minority, most Righties are old & they'll die out! Give it time, thing will get better.

The hell?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 09:25:27 pm »

&