Community > Entertainment and Television

Channel Awesome Drama

<< < (2/14) > >>

ironbite:
The problem with Demo Reel, his NC replacement, is that he expected everyone to follow his lead in retiring their personas.  He had no clue that people wanted to continue to make money with the shows they had established.

Ironbite-also Mike Ellis needs to be hunted down and beaten with wet noodles.

RavynousHunter:
I read all of it.  Including the fan doc.

MOTHER OF HELLFIRE, WHAT THE FLAMING FUCK?  Say what you will about the shitshow that was Spoony's exodus (he acted like a cunt, there is absolutely zero denying that), but the difference between him and Doug is that at least Spoony god damned learned from his fuck-up and fucking apologized to the wronged parties.  From what I've read, Doug Walker is a man who let his e-fame get to his head in a serious way, becoming either willfully ignorant of the many abuses of his "owner," at best, or out-and-out complicit in the systemic abuse of creator and fan alike, at worst.

This is sad, because I kinda like Nostalgia Critic.  Clipless shows (I'm sorry, but his skits blow and I almost always skip them) and whatever the fuck he was doing between the death and rebirth of NC aside, a lot of his stuff is pretty good and enjoyable.

Michaud needs to be thrown off the top floor of the Sears Tower after having a run-in with an especially angry Frank Castle, and the Walkers need to be beaten with a walker until they get their egos in check and their heads removed from the depths of their colons.  I see why people are jumping ship and, honestly, I don't fucking blame them.  Hell, I almost want to setup a viewbot for them just so they can get their numbers up stupidly high because, and I'm being completely 100% honest here, Mike Michaud and the Brothers Walker can eat a bag of salted gorilla scrotums.

Cloud3514:
*ahem*

You may add the following producers to the list of people who have left the site in the wake of the controversy:

Nash Bozard
The Dom
Rantasmo (he left earlier, but I didn't notice until now)
Some Jerk with a Camera
The Last Angry Geek
Calluna
Rocked Reviews
MUD2MMO (who also left a while back and probably not in response to the controversy, but for other reasons)
Il Neige

And I'm pretty sure this isn't everyone. They're hemorrhaging contributors and, save Doug Walker, the only big names that haven't left are Angry Joe (who has almost three times more YouTube subs than Channel Awesome), Guru Larry (who also has way more subs than Channel Awesome itself) and Brad Jones (who has stated that he has no intention of leaving). Also, the planned 10th anniversary special has been canceled.

EDIT: Chris Stuckmann left last night. Very quietly.

Svata:
Brad not leaving is somewhat disappointing. I like the guy, but if he decides to stay, I might have to not watch his stuff anymore.

Cloud3514:
I'll still watch Brad on YouTube. Since their only payment is a hosting hub (which is so crap that I had stopped regularly visiting it years ago since it was just easier to follow people on their own sites and YouTube), it's not like watching anyone still on Channel Awesome will give money to Channel Awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version