Community > Creative Outlets

New Conlang Thread

(1/6) > >>

JohnE:
To kick off the new conlang thread, I give you Forest Gump speaking FairyLang:

I've defined "varystu" as "good-hearted dullard."

Osama bin Bambi:
It looks like a cross between Swahili and Welsh, which is pretty awesome. Nice work, can't wait to read moar....

shykid:
Looks like a cross between Welsh, Japanese, and Proto-Germanic to me. I love it!

Yla:
I had a thought today. What conlangs have contractions? I know at least German, English, French, and Greek to have contractions, and am quite sure that almost every does, but conlangs are always spoken/written with flawless grammar. For that matter, dialects.

Osama bin Bambi:

--- Quote from: Yla on January 09, 2012, 05:03:16 pm ---I had a thought today. What conlangs have contractions? I know at least German, English, French, and Greek to have contractions, and am quite sure that almost every does, but conlangs are always spoken/written with flawless grammar. For that matter, dialects.

--- End quote ---

Dialects and flaws require a lot more time. A lot of conlangs which are not intended as naturalistic languages attempt to remove all flaws. This a common mistake. Flaws and dialects make languages seem more real, especially if it's a part of a world-building project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version