Community > Religion and Philosophy

A wonderful confluence of MAGA, racism, and anti-abortion

<< < (2/5) > >>

dpareja:
Just going to say, Dusty's video might be a good breakdown... but posting it here technically violates forum anti-doxxing rules, as it contains a screenshot containing a phone number for the students' school.

ironbite:
Whoops.

Chaos Undivided:

--- Quote from: dpareja on January 20, 2019, 02:50:07 pm ---Just going to say, Dusty's video might be a good breakdown... but posting it here technically violates forum anti-doxxing rules, as it contains a screenshot containing a phone number for the students' school.

--- End quote ---

OK. Sorry about that.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Chaos Undivided on January 20, 2019, 03:27:02 pm ---
--- Quote from: dpareja on January 20, 2019, 02:50:07 pm ---Just going to say, Dusty's video might be a good breakdown... but posting it here technically violates forum anti-doxxing rules, as it contains a screenshot containing a phone number for the students' school.

--- End quote ---

OK. Sorry about that.

--- End quote ---

Having watched it, though... he makes a good point, but at the same time just wearing a MAGA hat is itself provocative. (I'd like to know when those students think America was last great.)

And there was a great campaign ad by Richard Ojeda that I didn't post here because he gave away his own phone number in it.

DarkPhoenix:

--- Quote from: Chaos Undivided on January 20, 2019, 01:31:10 pm ---Hate to rain on everybody's parade, but this story seems to be bullshit.

ETA: Video removed to comply with the rules.

That kid does have a punchable face, though.

--- End quote ---

Well, it's not entirely bullshit.  The MAGA kids were apparently provoked by a group of Black Jews with big mouths, who were also insulting the Native American elders (so, they were being assholes through and through).  Mr. Phillips actually walked between the two groups to try and defuse the situation, which caused the MAGA assholes to turn on him for some reason (maybe they REALLY wanted to fight with someone?).

Fact is, though, when he attempted to leave, the MAGA assholes surrounded him and prevented him from doing so.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/01/20/it-was-getting-ugly-native-american-drummer-speaks-maga-hat-wearing-teens-who-surrounded-him/?utm_term=.2ba1a59c4d37

--- Quote ---“It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’ ” Phillips recalled. “I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way, and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.”
--- End quote ---

Arlen Parsa did a great rundown on this school on Twitter here, as well.  Apparently, Covington High School is almost entirely white; all the teachers are white, most of the students are white, and racism and sexism are encouraged by the higher-ups in the school faculty.  These kids are being trained to be the next generation of Bret Kavanaugh fratboy racist assholes by their parents and their high school.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version