Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067126 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #6570 on: July 17, 2013, 01:41:34 pm »

Answering the age old question: does water have a taste?

Isn't all water on Earth the same age?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6571 on: July 17, 2013, 02:16:21 pm »

Answering the age old question: does water have a taste?

Isn't all water on Earth the same age?
It probably has something to do with how long the water's been sitting somewhere, untouched by... well, anything. The normal water cycle does a pretty good job of filtering things under the right conditions.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6572 on: July 17, 2013, 03:11:21 pm »
It's glacier water.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6573 on: July 17, 2013, 03:19:54 pm »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #6574 on: July 17, 2013, 04:35:48 pm »

See more on Know Your Meme
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6575 on: July 17, 2013, 06:25:28 pm »
You guys

He says, while addressing a single person who happened to reference a post I made.

I'm really not familiar enough with all of Bitcoin's security features to make an argument for or against its effectiveness when dealing with a really devoted attacker, I just know that it lacks "inside guys" and that it would be rather inefficient to devote resources to counterfeiting it when it's far easier to scam people out of their wallets (or just counterfeit real money).
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6576 on: July 17, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »
You guys

He says, while addressing a single person who happened to reference a post I made.

I'm really not familiar enough with all of Bitcoin's security features to make an argument for or against its effectiveness when dealing with a really devoted attacker, I just know that it lacks "inside guys" and that it would be rather inefficient to devote resources to counterfeiting it when it's far easier to scam people out of their wallets (or just counterfeit real money).

The real value would be in the lulz had for blowing a form of currency apart.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #6577 on: July 17, 2013, 08:15:04 pm »

The internet desperately needs this!

wrightway

« Reply #6578 on: July 17, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »

There was a game site (furrypaws?) that made you go through tests like this before you could get into their chatroom.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6579 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

There was a game site (furrypaws?) that made you go through tests like this before you could get into their chatroom.
Please tell me this is a real thing.

Also, I saw one of these once for an Unreal Tournament website that, in order to keep the under 17 crowd out, had an image of a VHS tape with the caption "What is this object?" It was hilarious.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6580 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:31 pm »
Σא

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6581 on: July 17, 2013, 10:21:54 pm »
You guys

That's pretty much exactly it. Saying that Bitcoin's security isn't good enough because someone really determined could maybe get past it is like saying that the security of our nuclear arsenal isn't good enough security because someone really determined could steal it and get the launch codes inside.

If Bitcoin was easy to crack, it would have been done already. The amount of computing power needed to edit the block chain (which would purely allow you to add counterfeit money, rather than take anything), combined with the fact that your job gets harder every 10 minutes and the encryption is constantly fluctuating to keep the rate of bitcoin production the same, means that nobody would even bother. You'll have a much easier and more productive time trying to con people out of their bitcoins or hacking online depositories to steal them (which has happened before and is usually falsely reported as "Someone hacked Bitcoin!"). The only group likely to have the computing power to fuck with the block chain AND willing to engage in it, with all the risks of being caught, would be either a governmental entity or Lex Luthor.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6582 on: July 18, 2013, 01:47:35 am »
I didn't want to necro the youtube thread so I'll just leave this here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8slqbNdacM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8slqbNdacM</a>

Videos of Russian military singing the Spongebob squarepants theme as they march.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6583 on: July 18, 2013, 12:20:21 pm »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #6584 on: July 18, 2013, 03:31:28 pm »

I like it. Tea Party people would have to answer that Obama's birthplace is in Hawaii.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues