Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067297 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #8010 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:00 pm »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8011 on: December 09, 2013, 06:40:13 am »
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:00:40 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #8012 on: December 10, 2013, 04:33:01 am »
This isn't a pic, but I don't know where else I should put this.
http://www.angelfire.com/weird/ektomage/otherwriting/conspiracy.html
It's a short story, that tries to pull as many conspiracy angles as possible into one, to answer the question: Who really killed the dinosaurs?
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8013 on: December 10, 2013, 05:21:11 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8014 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:29 pm »

That's actually one of many good points about the nonsense that is the Noah story that I'd never though about before.  Some anmals are incredibly difficult to sex, nigh-on impossible unless you're a goddamn expert in some cases, what with non external sexual organs and all.  So how did Noah know which ones were female and which ones were male when it came to certain species?  I guess God could have told him when he came to them, but the Bible provide no clues.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8015 on: December 10, 2013, 02:34:02 pm »
In most of the pictures depicting the event, it's like the animals sorted themselves.  Like two of every critter in the world were chosen as surviving ambassadors of their kind. 

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8016 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »
In most of the pictures depicting the event, it's like the animals sorted themselves.  Like two of every critter in the world were chosen as surviving ambassadors of their kind.

That's somehow makes the story even more mental.  I didn't think that was possible.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8017 on: December 10, 2013, 02:40:21 pm »
Goddidit.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8018 on: December 10, 2013, 04:21:32 pm »

That's somehow makes the story even more mental.  I didn't think that was possible.

Unfortunately it's one of those things that fundies are never allowed to question.

Along with everything else about the Bible.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #8019 on: December 10, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »
It's the dumbest things that get me. I've been laughing non-stop for five minutes and my cheeks hurt.

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8020 on: December 10, 2013, 06:31:24 pm »

Unfortunately it's one of those things that fundies are never allowed to question.

Along with everything else about the Bible.

Judging from the trailer, the new Noah movie looks to just have the animals magically-divinely come to the Ark all on their own.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8021 on: December 10, 2013, 07:57:24 pm »
That would solve the meters-thick, mile wide mass of shit in the area leading up towards the lading ramp. Gawd saw that and said, "Nuh uh!"
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8022 on: December 11, 2013, 12:19:02 am »
My understanding of it was that most or all of the animals were magically compelled to journey from their native areas ti the ark and back. How koalas swam that distance I don't know, but that's the "official" story you'll get from most biblical apologists on Noah's ark. It's always fun to argue Noah's ark with apologists because I can shoot so full of holes it's like I'm using a gatling shotgun*.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Dan

• Apprentice
« Reply #8023 on: December 11, 2013, 02:37:44 pm »
It's in Genesis chapter 7: http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/gen/7.html

No mention of Noah going out and collecting animals, and in fact he and his family enter the ark before the animals do - and all within a day, which doesn't leave much time for collecting.

And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

So, if you were to believe the story at all, you'd more or less have to conclude that God delivered the animals unto Noah.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8024 on: December 11, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »
Spoiler'd for size.

(click to show/hide)
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen