Author Topic: Why is it wrong to punish people for something theye did not do?  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
Re: Why is it wrong to punish people for something theye did not do?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 01:19:18 pm »
I wish I could go back in time just to troll some of my old teachers. The whole "you can't have gum unless you brought some for everyone" line makes me want to yell "COMMIE PINKO!!!!!!!!!!!!" hehe.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »
I had a teacher who would consistently use the "did you bring enough for everyone" ploy. One day I brought whole bag of gum, and when she asked, I said "Yes," got up, and gave everyone a piece.

I got a detention that day, if I recall. For "being smart."
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 03:24:17 pm »
I had a teacher who would consistently use the "did you bring enough for everyone" ploy. One day I brought whole bag of gum, and when she asked, I said "Yes," got up, and gave everyone a piece.

I got a detention that day, if I recall. For "being smart."

*facepalm*

She asked.  Damn rhetorical questions!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »
I did that with fudge once, Sandman.

... My dad's a teacher too.  He over-rode the other teacher with "hey, you ASKED, dipshit, and he delivered."
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 05:48:03 pm »
If human morality does not apply to God, then clearly morality is relative; the rightness or wrongness of an action is based upon the instrument performing the action.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 06:47:45 pm »
Well, I would argue that a "god" who fails to live up to their own established moral code is irrevocably flawed, and a "god" that establishes one moral code for themselves and another, far stricter moral code for everyone else is a tyrant.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson