Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1115781 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3210 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:08 am »
I live in Baltimore. Before this I lived in New York. Got used to potholes the size of an Olympic swimming pool. Pretty sure the road budgets just end up going to hookers and cocaine for the mayors.

And McNulty's bar tab, of course.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3211 on: March 09, 2014, 07:22:30 am »
I live in Baltimore. Before this I lived in New York. Got used to potholes the size of an Olympic swimming pool. Pretty sure the road budgets just end up going to hookers and cocaine for the mayors.

This is Saugerties, 3 hours north of the city and an hour south of Albany.  Run over a road sign in the winter? you'll be LUCKY if it gets replaced by summer, even on I-87 (I can think of one hit and crushed by a semi between Saugerties and Kingston that still hasn't been replaced, for example)...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #3212 on: March 09, 2014, 07:24:44 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3213 on: March 09, 2014, 08:33:02 pm »

If Saint Ronnie were running the country they'd be complaining that he's too far left.

Also, I find it amusing that while it was the Republican Party who pushed for term limits on the President, they've been bit more by it than the Democratic Party has: Eisenhower and Reagan (and Bush Jr., but could he have won a third term?) both couldn't run for a third term because of that amendment, while for the Democratic Party only Clinton ran up against it.

Neither Eisenhower nor Reagan would have won a second term. Kennedy was much too popular for Eisenhower, and Reagan was widely reviled by the end of his term.

I am still shocked by how incredible gullible the American people were in the 1980s. How did anyone believe a word he said?

Funny about you saying Reagan would have never won a second term when I think you meant third.  As he was President from 1981-1989.

Ironbite-funny how math works.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3214 on: March 09, 2014, 08:41:27 pm »

If Saint Ronnie were running the country they'd be complaining that he's too far left.

Also, I find it amusing that while it was the Republican Party who pushed for term limits on the President, they've been bit more by it than the Democratic Party has: Eisenhower and Reagan (and Bush Jr., but could he have won a third term?) both couldn't run for a third term because of that amendment, while for the Democratic Party only Clinton ran up against it.

Neither Eisenhower nor Reagan would have won a second term. Kennedy was much too popular for Eisenhower, and Reagan was widely reviled by the end of his term.

I am still shocked by how incredible gullible the American people were in the 1980s. How did anyone believe a word he said?

Funny about you saying Reagan would have never won a second term when I think you meant third.  As he was President from 1981-1989.

Ironbite-funny how math works.

Yeah, third.

Inflation is always too high! Wheee!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3215 on: March 09, 2014, 09:11:43 pm »
We could clone Ike and put him back in office somehow and have the most "liberal" president since Carter. He actually hated and warned about the military industrial complex. He's a commie librul by today's standards.

Carter, the racist Southern governor of Georgia? Eisenhower would be way more progressive than he.
President Jimmy Carter, the Nobel Prize winner who started Habitat for Humanity? He was a Governor of Georgia, but very moderate and pro-civil rights. He was a Southern version of Kennedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter

I think you may have confused him with George Wallace, who was Gov. of Alabama, and ran for president, but did not win party nomination.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #3216 on: March 09, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »
How about Jimmy Carter, the guy who started the whole shitstorm that made Afghanistan what it is today.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #3217 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:05 pm »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 04:25:13 pm by KZN02 »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3218 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:14 pm »
BROKEN!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3219 on: March 15, 2014, 01:51:11 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3220 on: March 15, 2014, 06:15:52 pm »

"destroys the next generation"

As if these people give a shit about the next generation.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3221 on: March 15, 2014, 08:25:29 pm »

Instead of success story we say YOU MADE WALKER TEXAS RANGER!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3222 on: March 15, 2014, 09:25:19 pm »
There needs to be a satire of those now-outmoded & hyped-to-death "Chuck Norris Facts" that point out his zealotry & frumminess.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3223 on: March 15, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »
There needs to be a satire of those now-outmoded & hyped-to-death "Chuck Norris Facts" that point out his zealotry & frumminess.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #3224 on: March 15, 2014, 10:52:08 pm »
Why are there so many Chuck Norris jokes but no Bruce Lee ones? Because Bruce Lee is no joke.