Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114290 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3525 on: May 29, 2014, 08:41:00 pm »
I think they could have phrased it better, sure we may get it but most of the internet isn't to bright.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #3526 on: June 01, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »

What the hell is wrong with cyberpunk?

Lycanthropy? Necromancy? Vampirisim? Levitation? THE FUCK???? You know those aren't real, right?

And seperately, I like my Cyberpunk stuff, LOTR, Video Games, Harry Potter, D&D, Fornication (depending on how you decide to define it), Rock Music, and Heavy Metal. So fuck off.

And I know this is kinda old to be responding to, but I couldn't help it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:10:16 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3527 on: June 01, 2014, 03:28:14 pm »

What the hell is wrong with cyberpunk?

Lycanthropy? Necromancy? Vampirisim? Levitation? THE FUCK???? You know those aren't real, right?

And seperately, I like my Cyberpunk stuff, LOTR, Video Games, Harry Potter, D&D, Fornication (depending on how you decide to define it), Rock Music, and Heavy Metal. So fuck off.

And I know this is kinda old to be responding to, but I couldn't help it.
While this one is old, it's still just as batshit Nuts.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3528 on: June 01, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »
Especially with what appears to be a pic of massive cleavage right above it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #3529 on: June 06, 2014, 03:08:54 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3530 on: June 06, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
*squints*

too long, too small, can't read.

I'm guessing it's summed up as "HOW DARE YOU WHARGARBL" though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3531 on: June 06, 2014, 03:38:15 pm »
Well, parts of the whargarble actually seem good.

He points out that even though he believes the "NOT ONE MORE" crowd have their hearts in the right place it is not likely to succeed and that there are way more people dying daily to gun/knife violence but these sorts of movements seem to ignore most of them. And that despite 75% of shooting victims being black they for some reason only pick white poster girls to represent the victims.

But he also calls them cowards AND he claims that he knows that the girls weren't interested in the shooter because he was obviously gay (writer says the he has a pretty good gaydar.)

...Although, in that case you would think he wouldn't have been bothered by not getting attention from women.

He also points out the old cliches of "what about knives?" and "guns don't kill people, people kill people" and even though I agree with both of those points he really comes off as a douchebag.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3532 on: June 06, 2014, 03:46:31 pm »
*squinting as well*

I don't think it's so much "whargarbl" as it is "You are a fuckhead and here's why..."

The over-all I'm getting is:

First paragraph is full of snark. Second is pointing out that millions own both guns and knives and that anonymously sending postcards is little more than a masturbatory self-congratulating way to feel like you're doing something without actually doing anything. Third paragraph is telling that he'd done research on the girl in question, she sounds awesome and that he has a 19-year old daughter who's a freshman in college so he can relate to her parents. Fourth paragraph is a backhanded compliment and points out that guns and knives and the makers of them aren't going away and that the sender's efforts would be better spent in going after the wielders of the weapons rather than the weapons themselves.

*edit*

Got ninja'd by askold.

Actually, askold, in this case it isn't a cliche of "what about knives" because the picture on the post card is of one of the victims of the rampage killings that happened in Santa Barbara where three of the six victims in that case were knifed to death. I think in this context bringing up knives is appropriate.

Though he still comes off pretty douchey in places.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3533 on: June 07, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »

Okay, I hate Tumblr people like this but, could someone tone it the fuck down?
And what's the First world problems are the only problems suppose to mean?
What is this?
Could they have been less anvilicious?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3534 on: June 07, 2014, 02:39:32 pm »
Should've been put in best protest signs.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #3535 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:07 pm »
Should've been put in best protest signs.
Not this again, chinese knockoff. Despite me having a special hatred for Tumblr SJWs, do you really have to stir the shit this much?

Also, I await those sacrifices.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3536 on: June 07, 2014, 02:50:19 pm »
Its got something of a point, at least.  Tumblr is far, FAR too hung up on "privilege," be it real or imagined.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #3537 on: June 07, 2014, 05:11:11 pm »
Its got something of a point, at least.  Tumblr is far, FAR too hung up on "privilege," be it real or imagined.
I know that, but this is still pretty tasteless, and the "First worlders" part seems a bit stupid.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3538 on: June 08, 2014, 12:36:49 am »
I know that, but this is still pretty tasteless, and the "First worlders" part seems a bit stupid.

Actually, the first worlder bit is the whole point of that picture. Most of the "privileges" are thrown around at first world people and used to complain about who non/less-privileged people are treated in first world countries. That picture has the same insults being thrown at a impoverished kid in a third world country who obviously isn't benefitting much from any of those.

In fact, from what I've seen apart from the Kony thing and about the Boko Haram kidnapping Tumblr Social justice folks have been concentrating on first world problems. Complaining about how LGBT* face discrimination in USA while not saying a word about how LGBT* are treated in Somalia for example.

This is not to say that there wouldn't be things that need to be fixed in the first world countries as well but the picture does have a point in that when those "male privileges" for example are brought out it is more likely to be about the glass ceiling or female wage rather than about how women are still bought and sold in some countries of the world...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3539 on: June 08, 2014, 12:59:52 am »
The "you don't have it as bad as these people" irks me. Sure, people here don't have half the problems that others have, but that doesn't magically invalidate their problems.
Who needs a signature?