Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 117558 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #420 on: January 26, 2014, 09:18:21 pm »
I had this dream last night where godzilla attacked and I was constantly trying to evade him.

Somehow I ended up in a massive warehouse where I kept knocking shelves over to trip him up, and I tipped over a massive bargain bin the size of a lorry filled with footballs and Godzilla just went skidding across the floor.

There was this also really weird bit where I was with a group of people and Godzilla was so close that we could see his big eye looking through a hole in the wall.

Because he was too close to run from I said "Everyone stand still, it can't see you if you don't move!"

Everyone stood still, but then I realised that the standing still thing was actually the advice from Jurassic Park for T-Rex's and not applicable to Godzilla, and I was like "Oh shit, I think i've made a terrible mistake and we should probably start running now."

But then I thought that Godzilla was sort of like a T-Rex, and maybe standing still would work, so I told everyone just to wait for a while to see if he left.

So, if Godzilla ever attacks in real life, don't take advice from me, because I will probably get you killed.

Actually, the "Don't move! He can't see us if we don't move!" strategy wouldn't work on a real T. rex. Its eye sockets are much larger than normal for an animal of its size and their orientation relative to the snout allowed binocular vision. CT scans of its braincase also show well-developed optic lobes.

Even then, it's not like it couldn't hear or smell you.
(/paleogeekery)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #421 on: January 26, 2014, 09:32:06 pm »
Kinda nsfw so spoilerd
(click to show/hide)
so yeah that happened.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2014, 09:50:03 pm »
Kinda nsfw so spoilerd
(click to show/hide)
so yeah that happened.

I wish I had dreams like that
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #423 on: February 09, 2014, 07:40:23 pm »
I had a spider apocalypse dream. Like a zombie apocalypse, only with spiders.

You can feel pain in dreams.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #424 on: February 10, 2014, 07:17:43 am »

Were people turning into spiders or was it more like Arachnophbia without a happy ending?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #425 on: February 17, 2014, 06:48:53 am »
I fell asleep watching lacross (I don't know much about it, but I was curious) and dreamt I was watching a strange game called Solar Ball.  Basically, it was a cross between lacross, field hockey, soccer, and kick ball.  Benches for each team were located on opposite sides of the field, rather than on the sidelines, and the goals were located in the center of the field, about a foot apart, with each goalie facing his bench.

The game would start with a the ball (similar to the ones used in kick ball) located between the goals.  When the whistle was blown, members from both teams (4 or 5 players of each team, which consisted of about a dozen players) raced to the center to get the ball.  Once they had the ball, they fought to get it into their opponents' goal.

Let's see if I can remember the rules correctly.  You could touch the ball with any part of your body and even hold it, but if the ball touched the ground, the last player to touch it was sent back to his bench and replaced by a teammate, leaving his team short a player during that time period.  The only exception is if the ball entered the goal circle before it touched the ground (For example, if it bounced off the post or the goalie deflected it).  Also, you could touch your opponent to get the ball, but if the referees determined you were being too rough (punching, kicking, kneeing, elbowing, body slamming, etc.), you were automatically roatated out, but your team couldn't replace you for a set time (like a minute).  For severe penalties, you could be out for an entire Round (when one team rotated all its members once) or even an entire game.  (At one point, a player got thrown our for tossing his opponent into the crowd.)  This left a few tactics open, as long as the referees didn't think their were too brutal.  You could throw the ball at the opponent, and if it hit him and then the ground, the opponent would be forced out.  However, if the refs determined your throw could injure the him, your got slapped with a penalty.  After three rounds, whoever scored the most goals won.

It was a rather strange game, and in retrospect, I noticed a few problems.  First, it seemed too easy to just hold the ball and run around until you're tackled.  Then again, tossing it to a teammate to prevent losing it on a tackle would help.  Second, if both teams were really good at keeping the ball off the ground, then a round could last for hours. 

Still, it was an interesting game.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #426 on: February 17, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »

Were people turning into spiders or was it more like Arachnophbia without a happy ending?

Arachnophobia without a happy ending.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #427 on: February 17, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »
Two nights ago:

I was a son of a Black revolutionary figure (more like Martin Luther King and less of the early Nelson Mandela). My father was sent into exile and it was just me, my mother and sister. One day, someone came knocking at our door. The man knocking got shot and killed by a White-supremacist and they were coming after us, firing at every direction conceivable. When then got kidnapped, but I came to the seat of the driver and bashed his head while I could into unconsciousness, leading to the vehicle to steer off track and land somewhere. We all three survived and kept running until the search team lost us. We kept running, looking for shelter until a kind man and his wife lead us into his house.

There was no more afterward, as I had woken up at that point.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #428 on: February 17, 2014, 10:52:17 pm »
I had a dream that some random guy punched me in the face because he mistook me for his ex-girlfriend, and to make up for it gave me the keys to his Go-Kart (which I drove myself home in).
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #429 on: March 30, 2014, 09:32:31 am »
I had a dream that I was in the Mass Effect universe.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #430 on: March 31, 2014, 04:24:22 am »
I had a dream last night that started evoking Dragon Age concepts, but then morphed over to the Harry Potter universe. It.. didn't have many resemblances to the source material. Draco Malfoy was a bullying victim, and there were half a dozen muggles running around too. I think it would best be described as a Anime adaption of HP.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #431 on: April 12, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »
So last night I had the first true nightmare I've had in a long, long time. It was basically me being chased by zombies and it ended with me getting eaten alive lets just say I did not wake up with much enthusiasm at 3:00 in the morning breathing heavy and having to regain my composure.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #432 on: April 12, 2014, 05:54:21 pm »
I dreamt that my assistant manager confronted me about having "Will" on my name tag instead of my given name, and I panicked because I'm not out at work yet.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #433 on: April 17, 2014, 08:27:32 pm »
For the last two nights in a row I have dreamed of planes crashing. The first dream I was on the plane that crashed and the second dream I watched it crash from the ground.

O_O
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #434 on: April 18, 2014, 04:31:32 am »
For the last two nights in a row I have dreamed of planes crashing. The first dream I was on the plane that crashed and the second dream I watched it crash from the ground.

O_O
Your avatar is perfect for this post.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!