Author Topic: Proof of Purgatory  (Read 5887 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Proof of Purgatory
« on: November 20, 2018, 11:23:54 am »
This place has relics that prove the existence of purgatory. I pray that this will cause you to convert to Catholicism.

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2013/11/05/scientific-proof-of-the-poor-souls-in-purgatory-in-rome/

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Proof of Purgatory
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 06:59:29 am »
On one of the charred walls was a definite and clear image of a suffering face of a soul in Purgatory
And we are officially in Jesus on toast territory.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:29 am »
On one of the charred walls was a definite and clear image of a suffering face of a soul in Purgatory
And we are officially in Jesus on toast territory.

But how do you explain the pictures of the relics in the Church that have burnt hand and finger prints?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 02:41:13 pm »
Because they aren't, you're seeing faces in the clouds.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 03:38:44 pm »
Because they aren't, you're seeing faces in the clouds.

I’m not referring to image of the face of the soul in purgatory, I am referring to the hand and fingerprints that you can see in the images I uploaded.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 06:48:22 pm »
That's one freakishly deformed "hand" there, does yours like like that after flipping through the Just Jeans catalogue?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 01:33:07 am »
If purgatory is real, why isn't it mentioned in the bible?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 09:08:30 am »

It is mentioned in the Bible.

[41] Then they all blessed the just judgment of the Lord, who had discovered the things that were hidden. [42] And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain. [43] And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection, [44] (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) [45] And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.
2 Maccabees 12:41-46 Douay-Rheim’s version

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 10:52:11 am »
Quick question. Is it only the christian bible we're allowed to use or can we use texts from other religions to prove and disprove various points with you? I ask because many other religions have followers just as ardent as you.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 11:08:52 am »
Quick question. Is it only the christian bible we're allowed to use or can we use texts from other religions to prove and disprove various points with you? I ask because many other religions have followers just as ardent as you.

I don’t see how texts from other religions would disprove my points about Christianity.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 03:51:43 pm »

[41] Then they all blessed the just judgment of the Lord, who had discovered the things that were hidden. [42] And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain. [43] And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection, [44] (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,) [45] And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them. It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.
Well that was vague as shite, but then this is coming from a bloke who looks at smudges and squeals "troof", before oinking furiously.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 08:19:17 pm »

Well that was vague as shite, but then this is coming from a bloke who looks at smudges and squeals "troof", before oinking furiously.

It is not vague, it proves that there are types of sinners who are only temporarily punished for sins and can still go to heaven with the help of prayers for them.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 03:50:32 pm »
It's not proof of purgatory and neither are your smudges, another reading of the (vague) passage is that it's downright weird to hear orthodox Jews praying for resurrection making the whole mess a probable Christian invention.

You wouldn't know proof if it landed on your pointy head!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:56 pm »
It's not proof of purgatory and neither are your smudges, another reading of the (vague) passage is that it's downright weird to hear orthodox Jews praying for resurrection making the whole mess a probable Christian invention.

How is praying for the dead so that they can be loosed from sins not proof of purgatory. It proves that there are types of sinners who can be loosed from their sins after death, proving that those types of sinners are in a state that is neither heaven nor hell. And doing a simple google search, you will see that Jews believe in a coming resurrection of the dead similar to the Christian belief in a resurrection and judgement day.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 04:03:34 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2018, 01:26:09 am »

It proves that there are types of sinners who can be loosed from their sins after death, proving that those types of sinners are in a state that is neither heaven nor hell.
Heaven & hell-not part of Judaism, they're part of a Christian worldview.

And a vague reference to people who can be "loosed from sin" after death is not evidence of a postmortem waiting room. It's an RCC interpretation of a vague verse.

You don't know what "proof" means, but then you have very loose understanding of what most words mean.