Author Topic: NRA being dicks again  (Read 6479 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: NRA being dicks again
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 03:33:17 pm »
Pretty hard to act when you've got the NRA's hand up your ass.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 07:57:08 pm »
I wanted to stress that this is not political. If I thought for one moment that if we banned assault weapons then all of these tragedies would end, you would have me. I would be with you. But are we going to ban fertilizer, which is what they used in the Oklahoma bombing? Are we going to ban pressure cookers, which is what they used in the Boston massacre? Are we going to ban the multiple handguns that were used in other assaults? Are we going to ban the sawed-off shotguns what was used in Columbine?

It's not the weapon. It's the evil from within. And unfortunately, Senator Stewart said, at the very beginning of her debate, when we say "thoughts and prayers," it's frowned upon. And I take real offense at that, because thoughts and prayers are really the only thing that's gonna stop the evil from within the individual who is taking up their arms to do this kind of a massacre. So I will continue to do the thoughts and prayers, but in addition to that, I'm also going to do a comprehensive plan that Senator Galvano has spent hours and days, weeks actually, working on.

We're gonna look at the weapons which to a level of comfort past me, but I'm willing to move to a degree to say, You've gotta be twenty-one before you can have it, to make sure that person has a little more maturity in their life. Looking to the individual and their mental health to make sure that we're trying to make sure this individual is someone who we've done everything we can in our power to try and catch 'em early, to try to change the trajectory of their life, when they've come from a broken home or whatever situation that they've had, to help them not have the desire to do these kinds of acts. We're gonna look at law enforce[?] for the ones that we've missed who've still got to that point who wanna do these things, to harden our schools. If we haven't hardened the school enough to have armed people there, just as the very last resort to stop 'em.

So this is a comprehensive plan. It's not just the weapon. It is all of it. It's comprehensive. But in my opinion, the one thing that will actually change this the most is the one thing that has become fighting words, which is to say "thoughts and prayers." So that's something I'm gonna continue to add to my comprehensive plan, that we can hopefully stop the evil that is happening from within our world.

--Florida State Sen. Kelli Stargel (R)

(Note: Sen. Stewart is a Democrat and Sen. Galvano is a Republican. Additionally, Sen. Stargel is the Deputy Majority Leader.)
The Boston Massacre? I know they MEANT the Boston Marathon bombing, but I don't think they had pressure cookers in the 18th century...
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 04:07:40 am »
Somewhat related, that student walkout is happening tomorrow (later today actually I guess, since it's past midnight now) because it marks one month after the Parkland massacre.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 06:49:18 am »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rick-santorum-kids-learn-cpr-183016459.html

Rick Santorum is being a dick again now, I'm getting flashbacks. Haven't heard this dude's name in forever.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 08:18:58 am »
https://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/some-conservatives-are-sharing-a-fake-photo-of-emma-gonzalez.html

Someone created a fake picture of one of the kids tearing up the constitution and also photoshopped her a bigger nose and dark rings under her eyes...

Because why stop at one lie in your propaganda when you can also blame it on the Jews as well?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 04:08:26 am »
One of the things they've been absolutely having a fit about is the fact that she wears a Cuban flag on her bomber jacket.

(click to show/hide)

Ya know, the same flag Cuba had prior to the revolution in '59?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:21:59 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 04:20:56 am »
I thought that flags of countries that lost wars was all about "heritage not hate?" I hope those Cuban-flag haters never go near a Trump rally or anywhere in southern USA.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2018, 02:43:13 am »
I thought that flags of countries that lost wars was all about "heritage not hate?" I hope those Cuban-flag haters never go near a Trump rally or anywhere in southern USA.

It really is a staggering hypocrisy that it's just heritage for wearing a confederate flag, but it means you're a communist for wearing a cuban flag.

Plus, doesn't she have Cuban heritage anyway?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2018, 02:55:46 am »
Yes.

Which is another thing that separates her from most of the "HERITAGE NOT HATE!" crowd who fly the Confederate battle flag or the Third Reich flag.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 09:27:45 am »
Besides, if she's in the US, there's a good chance it's because Castro persecuted members of her family. Wouldn't it be awkward if that was the case?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 02:13:59 am »
Yes.

Which is another thing that separates her from most of the "HERITAGE NOT HATE!" crowd who fly the Confederate battle flag or the Third Reich flag.

To be fair a lot (but not all, considering I've seen oddball notherners or even Canadians who fly that flag that I don't get) of the people who fly the Confederates Flag actually are southerners so it kinda makes sense. Heritage is no excuse to fly a Third Reich flag though.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 04:21:20 am »
USA has a state which was not part of the rebels but still has the Confederate flag high on their state capitol. That has nothing to do with "heritage" they just did it as a protest when the civil rights movement was having an effect and unless they took it down recently it is still there because they put it into their state laws that the flag must be there.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 04:42:56 am »
Yes.

To be fair a lot (but not all, considering I've seen oddball notherners or even Canadians who fly that flag that I don't get) of the people who fly the Confederates Flag actually are southerners so it kinda makes sense. Heritage is no excuse to fly a Third Reich flag though.

If the Confederate battle flag is a legitimate symbol of southern culture as a whole rather than specifically the Confederate Army, then by the same token the Third Reich flag can rightly be used as a symbol of German culture. Basically, to say one's acceptable but not the other is a rather blatant double standard.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 08:42:25 pm »
USA has a state which was not part of the rebels but still has the Confederate flag high on their state capitol. That has nothing to do with "heritage" they just did it as a protest when the civil rights movement was having an effect and unless they took it down recently it is still there because they put it into their state laws that the flag must be there.

I remember that one, that's dumb. I was thinking more along the lines of the people who actually do come from those rebel states like Lynnard Skynnard who are from Alabama. The US government and its state governments should have nothing to do with the flag of a group of people who committed treason against the Union in any official capacity like that.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 08:55:35 pm »
There's nothing wrong with Southerners taking pride in their heritage, but I'd prefer if they didn't use a flag associated with the CSA. Some of my ancestors were slaves.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.