Author Topic: Steubenville Verdict is in...  (Read 25848 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Steubenville Verdict is in...
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 10:16:18 pm »
I had to follow the OP links.  I honestly didn't remember what the hell Steubenville was until I did. Haha.

I dunno what to think about this because I'm a bit too lazy to read right now.  I gotta relax for tomorrow.  I'll probably add more when I care to pay attention to this.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2013, 04:48:49 am »
I had to follow the OP links.  I honestly didn't remember what the hell Steubenville was until I did. Haha.

I dunno what to think about this because I'm a bit too lazy to read right now.  I gotta relax for tomorrow.  I'll probably add more when I care to pay attention to this.

Could I possibly ask that you stop doing this type of thing? Blowing off properly replying to something and shit like that? You've done it multiple times now and it's getting a little tiring.

On topic, I feel myself disgusted by the victim blaming. The fact that people are more concerned about the boys' lives than the victim's? Yeah, no.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:25 am »
The only part that irks me about this is that there's a chance these twats could only spend one and two years respectively behind bars for what they did.

But these two getting stuck on the sex offender registry for life and their futures ruined?

Fuck 'em.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 05:20:20 am »
The other things on the football team need to be ruined too. They were silent and supportive of those two disgusting things actions, thus, there need be a wider, sweeping penalty. Rename their team the Steubenville Rapists. Just a sign that no sports team deserves special privilege. If it drinks, it is punished same as others. I don't think football players should have any special treatment. I should have the ability to get the same jackets, no "players only" privileges. Those things...are disgusting, those Steubenville players.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 05:24:37 am »

Could I possibly ask that you stop doing this type of thing? Blowing off properly replying to something and shit like that? You've done it multiple times now and it's getting a little tiring.

On topic, I feel myself disgusted by the victim blaming. The fact that people are more concerned about the boys' lives than the victim's? Yeah, no.

Can it.  I'm not just blowing stuff off.  I'm just acknowledging stuff, admitting that I haven't taken the time to fully read the details, and said maybe I'll come back with a full reply after I have all the facts.  Is that REALLY that bad?  I don't think so.

Not all of us can keep up with everything in the news, you know.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Distind

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 09:24:45 am »
Not everyone's going to be interested in a stream of consciousness play by play of what you don't care about B.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:50 pm »
I just thought this should be seen because this crime freaks me the fuck out.  This tumblr posts the ravings of morally and intellectually retarded teens who defended the attackers who claimed innocence but left a long electronic trail of their guilt. 

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/45608534736/the-news-out-of-steubenville-today-is-a-small

If you need some background this is a good place to start: http://www.salon.com/2013/03/18/four_lessons_from_steubenville/

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the rapists?

EDIT: And here's CNN:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUdyNko8LQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUdyNko8LQ</a>

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 01:02:12 pm »
This is also relevant:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLJZw9Ws-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLJZw9Ws-g</a>

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 01:13:38 pm »

She was unconscious!

And this was just one of so many posts with a similar message. What the hell is wrong with these people?

Hands up. How many here would rape an unconscious girl and film the event?

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »
What's worrying me is, I have this horrible suspicion that, in a year's time, these two will be released to some sort of 'Welcome Home' party, with all those that conspired with them going on about what great guys they are....

I really don't want that to happen, but I've seen it far too often with criminals.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
What's worrying me is, I have this horrible suspicion that, in a year's time, these two will be released to some sort of 'Welcome Home' party, with all those that conspired with them going on about what great guys they are....

I really don't want that to happen, but I've seen it far too often with criminals.
Hopefully by that point it won't just be the two of them, and more people will get what they deserve thanks to the Ohio AG.

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 01:25:34 pm »
Here's another article on it but that's all I can muster for now--the sympathy these two are receiving disgusts me:
http://jezebel.com/5991095/the-egregious-awful-and-downright-wrong-reactions-to-the-steubenville-rape-trial-verdict

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 01:49:18 pm »
^^ I am a fucking sociopath and I consider that kind of act reprehensible and disgusting beyond all reason. So...no, I did not do what "most people would".

So yeah, even I have standards.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 02:33:45 pm »
But... but... but... now they'll never get to play college football and play in bowl games and get an NFL contract and... and... their life is over! OVER!

Argh this sort of shit disgusts me.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.