Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066732 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #4350 on: November 27, 2012, 05:31:58 am »
I'm not sure why I find this as funny as I do.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4351 on: November 27, 2012, 06:43:46 am »

Wow, that's just sad.

Yeah, the air arm around the shoulder thing is sad enough when the girl is real.  This... this just... wow.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #4352 on: November 27, 2012, 07:26:15 am »
The artists he has on board are responsible for some of the best depictions of Smaug (and Middle Earth art in general) ever.  I doubt it'll be screwed up.
Not like the animated version, at least.  Sheesh... western dragons shouldn't have dog noses.  (Personal preference)
Speaking of dragons, here's a morbidly amusing picture:

Agree, the Bakshi version just didn't do it. Miore cool stuff here: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/smaug?before=1324689762

Dragons may not have much real use for all their wealth, but they know it to an ounce as a rule, especially after long possession; and Smaug was no exception. He stirred and stretched forth his neck to sniff. Then he missed the cup!

Thieves! Fire! Murder! Such a thing had not happened since first he came to the Mountain! His rage passes description — the sort of rage that is only seen when rich folk that have more than they can enjoy suddenly lose something that they have long had but have never before used or wanted. His fire belched forth, the hall smoked, he shook the mountain-roots. He thrust his head in vain at the little hole, and then coiling his length together, roaring like thunder underground, he sped from his deep lair through its great door, out into the huge passages of the mountain-palace and up towards the Front Gate.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Personally, I can't wait to see the 3 Trolls scene ("Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrer," said one of the trolls.). Hopefully these will look like real trolls, not those shown on LOTR. From IMDB, it looks like one of the lucky actors playing one of the dwarves has a dual role in playing Tom the Troll. Reading that scene was the first time I descended from normal kid books to 'grown up stories' when I was ten or so.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4353 on: November 27, 2012, 08:14:14 am »

Wow, that's just sad.

Yeah, the air arm around the shoulder thing is sad enough when the girl is real.  This... this just... wow.

Hold up.  How is an arm around a girlfriend sad when they exist?  I'm a little confused.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4354 on: November 27, 2012, 08:54:03 am »

Wow, that's just sad.

Hold up.  How is an arm around a girlfriend sad when they exist?  I'm a little confused.

Veras is referring to, correct me if I'm wrong, the hover arm pictures w/ celebrities and such. Pictures that weren't done with the other person physically there. They were photoshopped in after the fact, poorly.

It's also a little cringe-worthy when hover-arms are done with real, undoctored photos but that's a different thing.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:00:22 am by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
« Reply #4355 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:46 am »

Wow, that's just sad.

Veras is referring to, correct me if I'm wrong, the hover arm pictures w/ celebrities and such. Pictures that weren't done with the other person physically there. They were photoshopped in after the fact, poorly.

It's also a little cringe-worthy when hover-arms are done with real, undoctored photos but that's a different thing.

Ah.  I had never considered the idea of someone photoshopping celebrities as their "girlfriends."  Okay, that makes sense.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4356 on: November 27, 2012, 12:26:16 pm »

Wow, that's just sad.

I'm talking about the tendency of awkward/shy men to put their arm around women in pictures without actually touching them, even when they are physically present.  Apparently, the common term is hover hand, not air arm.

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4357 on: November 27, 2012, 12:44:02 pm »
Why do people do that? It looks so much more pathetic than if they just had their arms at their sides.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #4358 on: November 27, 2012, 05:33:18 pm »
Why do people do that? It looks so much more pathetic than if they just had their arms at their sides.

Maybe her parents were taking the picture and he was afraid to look like he was coming onto her, but didn't want to look uncaring.  :P
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

• The Beast
« Reply #4359 on: November 27, 2012, 06:11:21 pm »

Maybe her parents were taking the picture and he was afraid to look like he was coming onto her, but didn't want to look uncaring.  :P

>_>

Christian Side HugTM, maybe?

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #4360 on: November 27, 2012, 06:13:18 pm »

>_>

Christian Side HugTM, maybe?

In that case it would be the True Christian Side Hug TM. True Christians save their sides for marriage.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4361 on: November 27, 2012, 08:11:35 pm »

Offline That Guy

• Bishop
« Reply #4362 on: November 27, 2012, 09:06:58 pm »

Wow, that's just sad.

I'm talking about the tendency of awkward/shy men to put their arm around women in pictures without actually touching them, even when they are physically present.  Apparently, the common term is hover hand, not air arm.

Yeah, I'll agree that the kid w/the anime girl 'shopped into the picture is sad, but that one right there is just silly. :P

and also this

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4363 on: November 27, 2012, 09:45:23 pm »

One thing's for sure. Sean Bean will die a horrible death.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4364 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:34 pm »
Sean Bean always dies a horrible death...