Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067495 times)

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #5040 on: February 19, 2013, 09:42:42 pm »

Pretty cool jpg. C. Dexter Ward = H.P. Lovecraft story, 'The Case of Charles Dexter Ward.' He didn't like the story he wrote, and it was published after his death, but of all his works I like this one the most. He truly undervalued it. http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0600031h.html#12
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5041 on: February 19, 2013, 10:27:25 pm »
WHY
THE FUCK
WOULD YOU DO THAT

Please tell me that's fake...

I know it's not nearly as bad, but I know of a family who on Purim let one of their children drink so much wine that he passed out drunk. He couldn't have been more than 8 years old at the time. The other kid (who was older) got a bit tipsy but not horribly shitfaced.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #5042 on: February 19, 2013, 11:09:30 pm »
WHY
THE FUCK
WOULD YOU DO THAT

Please tell me that's fake...

The Arab wedding youtube clip? Yeah. As you probably already know, in the Middle East they like to shoot rifles up in the air and there have been quite a few instances reported of 'what goes up must come down' in bullets raining down on people in the vicinity of the wedding party. It must be a rare wedding where there's only one guy firing a single handgun into the air, so it might be in a more urban setting. Turkey, maybe.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #5043 on: February 19, 2013, 11:13:06 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSZHo_hh83g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSZHo_hh83g</a>

Wait for it.  ;D

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #5044 on: February 19, 2013, 11:47:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk</a>

My favorite clip. Don't mention the war!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5045 on: February 20, 2013, 12:14:30 am »
Someone deserves a honorable mention in the Darwin Awards.

Not just an honorable mention. He really did die.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll299/Tux_Rules/epic-fail-photos-gun-safety-fail.gif#epic%20fail%20gif

Funny enough, I sorta know that guy: he commented on FateOfDestinee's Facebook (I'm an acquaintance of hers) and people immediately started making fun of him for being the "guy who shot himself."

The reason for this was because he had used a different holster than he normally practiced his quickdraw with and he tried to do the same fluid motion that he always did (including squeezing the trigger), but it got stuck on the way out. It's why I always try to focus on any task as much as possible instead of letting it become 100% automatic: most mistakes (especially medical) aren't made by amateurs, as they'll focus on whatever they're doing out of sheer terror of fucking up, while the professionals get so used to it that they basically let their brain go on autopilot and don't realize that they accidentally sliced an artery with the scalpel until they see the blood squirting.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #5046 on: February 20, 2013, 12:41:29 am »
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll299/Tux_Rules/epic-fail-photos-gun-safety-fail.gif#epic%20fail%20gif

Funny enough, I sorta know that guy: he commented on FateOfDestinee's Facebook (I'm an acquaintance of hers) and people immediately started making fun of him for being the "guy who shot himself."

Interesting. I should not be surprised, but it often amazes me what a small world it really is, in a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon sense. I'm often reminded of this.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5047 on: February 20, 2013, 01:49:19 am »
Someone deserves a honorable mention in the Darwin Awards.

Not just an honorable mention. He really did die.

Fuck.

That poor kid, though, he's going to grow up and there will be someone cruel enough to tell him that he murdered that guy (his father?) and rub it in.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5048 on: February 20, 2013, 02:09:44 am »

Interesting. I should not be surprised, but it often amazes me what a small world it really is, in a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon sense. I'm often reminded of this.

It's especially small for us actors. Virtually any other local in the business probably knows someone you know, or even bigger people: I have something like 5 mutual friends on Facebook with Kane Hodder and Darren Lynn Bousman. Each.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5049 on: February 20, 2013, 09:21:20 am »
Gummy Bear violence is funny.

Sacrilegious Gummy Bear violence is hilarious.

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #5050 on: February 20, 2013, 10:41:24 am »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5051 on: February 20, 2013, 06:47:01 pm »
Gummy Bear violence is funny.

Does this prove that Gummy Bears are the new Ewoks??

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:39:55 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #5052 on: February 20, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »

There's gotta be a reason why "He" is capitalized  :)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5053 on: February 21, 2013, 12:03:12 am »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5054 on: February 21, 2013, 12:04:57 am »