Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2065607 times)

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #7815 on: November 07, 2013, 05:36:26 pm »
Nope, why?

A lot of the fandom reads it (or used to)...
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7816 on: November 07, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 09:33:34 pm by Hoplite »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7817 on: November 08, 2013, 12:30:25 am »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:43:27 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7818 on: November 08, 2013, 12:38:34 am »
See, that's why I like Ghost Adventures. Not only do they almost exclusively stick to the United States, but Zak tries to get the ghosts riled up by acting like an asshole until they literally try to throw things at his head.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7819 on: November 08, 2013, 01:47:20 am »
Should be worth noting that I believe in the possibility of ghosts/afterlife stuff...
...But I laugh at the crap spewed by stuff from those kinds of shows.

And then there's that one asshole "medium" who most certainly gets all of her information off camera and attributes 90% of everything to demons.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7820 on: November 08, 2013, 10:45:29 am »
To be fair, Ghost Hunters has caught a few things that haven't yet been explained, even hoax wise.

But most of the show is full of them wandering around aimlessly.

My dad doesn't like them because they went to a military base and they had an entire part of the base blocked off.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #7821 on: November 08, 2013, 12:04:41 pm »
I've never seen Ghost Hunters, but I have watched a bit of Most Haunted, which is a UK ghost hunting type show, and the most ridiculous thing I ever saw on it was a "psychic" claiming that there were 20 fetus ghosts just hovering in the air in this hallway.

Fetus ghosts! How does anyone believe this shit?

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7822 on: November 08, 2013, 12:23:20 pm »
When I see a show where ghost hunters actually flee a haunted house with bodily harm inflicted, in real time, and a peer reviewed board shows absolutely no manipulation involved, then maybe, just maybe, I will reconsider my opinion on all things supernatural. :D
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7823 on: November 08, 2013, 01:36:58 pm »
I've never seen Ghost Hunters, but I have watched a bit of Most Haunted, which is a UK ghost hunting type show, and the most ridiculous thing I ever saw on it was a "psychic" claiming that there were 20 fetus ghosts just hovering in the air in this hallway.

I dunno about over there, but over here I'm pretty sure that a large portion of the fanbase are conservative fundamentalist christians, possibly including catholics.  Hence why they feel the need to scream "DEMONS" every other episode of most of the shows.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #7824 on: November 08, 2013, 02:26:38 pm »

I dunno about over there, but over here I'm pretty sure that a large portion of the fanbase are conservative fundamentalist christians, possibly including catholics.  Hence why they feel the need to scream "DEMONS" every other episode of most of the shows.

I think people over here tend to believe in ghosts in a more vague spiritual way.

Although I do have one friend who thinks the ghosts of her family hang around her flat. She's also a bit obsessive about demons, and watches all these obviously fake American exorcism shows and believes them.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7825 on: November 08, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »
Ugh...

Anyways, if you stare at this animation long enough, you'll see into forever.

(click to show/hide)

I'm not putting it behind a spoiler tag lightly, this hurts my eyes after staring at it for three seconds.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7826 on: November 08, 2013, 06:08:09 pm »
Sort of reminds me of that camouflaging suit in the movie adaption of Phillip K. Dick's story 'A Scanner Darkly.'
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqWBCsWRdw4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqWBCsWRdw4</a>

I recognize only a self portrait of Van Gogh, and none of the others seem to be by him. But it is a good bet some of those are by contemporary painters of the same era. Nice, I tried to slow it down a little, got a look at each one and none but one ring a bell. Doubtlessly more knowledgeable art connoisseurs could id them. I note that the eyes seem to be the anchoring point, paintings with wider or narrower eye sets are not used. Other than that, they look like they are chewing gum.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:26:00 pm by Hoplite »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #7827 on: November 08, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
To be fair, Ghost Hunters has caught a few things that haven't yet been explained, even hoax wise.

But most of the show is full of them wandering around aimlessly.

My dad doesn't like them because they went to a military base and they had an entire part of the base blocked off.
The Ghost Hunters' are FAR from perfect, but they've actually debunked a number of hauntings on their show. Some of them turned out to be perfectly normal phenomena that the residents were misunderstanding. Other were deliberate hoaxes.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7828 on: November 08, 2013, 09:35:28 pm »
Yeah. I forget which place it was but someone hoaxed it and goddess I was so pissed off when it turned out the bedsheet thing was tampered with.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #7829 on: November 08, 2013, 09:49:22 pm »
Yeah. I forget which place it was but someone hoaxed it and goddess I was so pissed off when it turned out the bedsheet thing was tampered with.
Yeah, that was the Queen Mary. There was another one where just about everything the owners of this bar (or something) reported as paranormal activity turned out to be mechanical devices and tricks. There were hidden speakers playing creepy laughter, an electric motor that made the lights swing, etc. The Ghost Hunters were pissed.