Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067369 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #7830 on: November 08, 2013, 09:58:05 pm »
Yeah. I forget which place it was but someone hoaxed it and goddess I was so pissed off when it turned out the bedsheet thing was tampered with.
Yeah, that was the Queen Mary. There was another one where just about everything the owners of this bar (or something) reported as paranormal activity turned out to be mechanical devices and tricks. There were hidden speakers playing creepy laughter, an electric motor that made the lights swing, etc. The Ghost Hunters were pissed.
Come on now, why the fuck else would you want one of those shows poking around your place if not to troll them? If anyone deserves it, it's them.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7831 on: November 08, 2013, 10:17:34 pm »
That makes not a lick of sense since they don't come uninvited. If it were the opposite, I could understand it. But purposely hoaxing and sabotaging investigations is a waste of time, money, and resources for everyone involved. But I guess if that's how you get your kicks...

And yeah I remember the bar one. The broken glass was kinda ingenious I will admit.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7832 on: November 08, 2013, 10:18:38 pm »
That makes not a lick of sense since they don't come uninvited. If it were the opposite, I could understand it. But purposely hoaxing and sabotaging investigations is a waste of time, money, and resources for everyone involved. But I guess if that's how you get your kicks...
It's ghost hunting. It's already a waste time, money and resources for everyone involved.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7833 on: November 08, 2013, 10:28:00 pm »
People enjoy ghost hunting.  With that in mind, I can't really consider it a waste of resources...

...though I do consider a lot of these ghost hunting shows to be a waste of brain cells.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7834 on: November 08, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »
Considering the Ghost Hunters have actual dayjobs... But whichever.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:50:04 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #7835 on: November 08, 2013, 11:30:39 pm »
People enjoy ghost hunting.  With that in mind, I can't really consider it a waste of resources...

...though I do consider a lot of these ghost hunting shows to be a waste of brain cells.
IMHO, ghost hunting isn't a waste of time, it just depends on the methodology. The Ghost Hunters™ are far from perfect, but they're better than most other groups, not that that's saying a lot.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7836 on: November 09, 2013, 01:50:09 am »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7837 on: November 09, 2013, 04:58:51 am »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:01:58 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #7838 on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:45 am »
Cute Internet quiz, or demon furball on bath salts?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebdpw-qGG4E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebdpw-qGG4E</a>
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #7839 on: November 09, 2013, 11:26:10 am »
It feels good to know that I'm not the only one like this.

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7840 on: November 09, 2013, 11:59:56 am »
Yeah. That sounds painfully familiar.
Σא

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7841 on: November 09, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

For those who hate the doge meme:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:48:32 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7842 on: November 10, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
(Courtesy of Your Kickstarter Sucks)

Another manmade libertarian paradise that will never actually happen. Why not just do it underwater and go full Bioshock

Personal Freedom - People will soon be able to live in floating cities, and enjoy the freedom of the high seas. As the last unclaimed territory on the earth, the ocean provides the ability to live peacefully without the encyclopedia of laws and tangle of bureaucracies present on land. Seasteaders will be able to start fresh, live with minimal regulation, and explore a bold experiment with personal freedom.

Economic Opportunities - As Earth’s final frontier, the ocean offers radical possibilities for some of our boldest economic dreams. From harnessing the immense stores of energy and nutrients, to serving the global demand for financial, medical, and human services, seasteading will give rise to many 21st century fortunes. International waters offer a more friendly regulatory environment, and allow for worldwide recruitment of entrepreneurs, investment capital, and top talent. The oceans are already the superhighway of trade – seastead real estate will be optimally located to tap into the bloodlines of a globalized planet.

Demonstrate a Better Way of Living - We see experimentation as the source of all progress. Many innovations - on numerous seasteads - will allow humanity to rapidly improve the way we live with one another. Residents of the first floating city will set the course for others to follow. In the coming decades hundreds of thousands of people will head to the sea to be a part of a global change based on personal choice, environmental responsibility, and economic opportunity.

thanks lila_cherry

Should I also mention, this was originally posted on September 15th of this year?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7843 on: November 10, 2013, 09:49:55 pm »
I just saw a TV commercial for this thing. It's essentially a vibrator motor that you set your couch on. It costs over $200. Why?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdBM7G10ZdI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdBM7G10ZdI</a>

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7844 on: November 10, 2013, 11:08:44 pm »
This is what happens when you ask the internet to name your product for you:

Now for some serious ones: