Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067504 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #8355 on: January 20, 2014, 09:47:26 am »

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #8356 on: January 20, 2014, 02:27:38 pm »

Gotta love kids.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8357 on: January 20, 2014, 05:58:08 pm »
How I imagine Queen:

Naw, I've already decided if I get pulled over, I'm just gonna drop a bunch of contract and tort lingo on the cop until he either let's me go or cracks me over the head with his night stick.

And thanks, Chit, I take that as a compliment. It may sound like I'm saying this facetiously, but I'm not. Predicting (properly) that I'd have fun with any cop that pulls me over shows that while we may not get along, you understand me.
I have a pdf with the papertrail of someone defending himself against a speeding ticket on the grounds of the Grundgesetz being invalid and therefore the entire German legal structure being on feet of clay, including traffic laws. This is a popular idea among conspiracy theorists around here, usually based on a nonorthodox understanding of metalaw. (The 1949 Grundgesetz had specified the territory where the law was in effect, because it was a nontrivial question at the time. This was removed during the reunification, and some CT smartasses claim that since then, the law is now nowhere in effect. There are also a few other ideas, and I don't remember which was used here.)

Falling back on the pre-war traffic laws (Imperial or Weimaran?), he concluded that there is no such thing as speeding, and if there were, the particular district court would have no authority to prosecute him for it. After a few letters back and forth, the matter was dropped by the court. This correspondence is used as proof that the above conspircay theory has merit... or that someone said 'screw this, it's not worth the effort.'

Both of these remind me of an experience my friend related to me.

A cop pulled him over one day for speeding. When the cop asked him "Sir, do you know how fast you were going?" My friend replied "In relation to what?" And then he proceeded to lay out the math for the cop, starting with his speed in relation to absolute zero, then branched out to include speed of the cop, plus the speed of the Earth's rotation, the speed of the Earth's orbit around the sun, the speed of the sun's orbit around the center of the galaxy, and the galaxies speed through the universe. After going through all of the numbers the cop let him off with a warning.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8358 on: January 20, 2014, 06:02:09 pm »
So it was sorta like the Chewbacca defense but with facts instead of geeky ramblings? :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8359 on: January 20, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »
Funny story, when I first heard of the "Chewbacca Defense", I thought it involved tearing people's arms off.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8360 on: January 20, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »
Funny story, when I first heard of the "Chewbacca Defense", I thought it involved tearing people's arms off.

I can see why one would assume that ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #8361 on: January 20, 2014, 06:09:41 pm »
So it was sorta like the Chewbacca defense but with facts instead of geeky ramblings? :P

Well, this friend is a mad scientist but yeah, he was able to baffle the cop enough that I don't think the cop would have known what to do until the next day.

I think it's his super power.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8362 on: January 20, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »
So does that make him a supervillain then? ;D

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8363 on: January 20, 2014, 06:51:02 pm »

Well, this friend is a mad scientist but yeah, he was able to baffle the cop enough that I don't think the cop would have known what to do until the next day.

I think it's his super power.

At least until he runs into a cop who says "You still get a ticket."
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #8364 on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:14 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8365 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:04 pm »

Ha, I actually kind of wish that was among the many changes Lucas made to later releases of the film.  It would have been both hilarious and terrible at the same time.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8366 on: January 21, 2014, 05:28:00 am »

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #8367 on: January 21, 2014, 05:36:54 am »
It was only a kiss, IT WAS ONLY A KISS
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #8368 on: January 22, 2014, 07:00:22 pm »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #8369 on: January 22, 2014, 07:03:38 pm »

I am pretty sure that has actually happened to Steve Tyler - hence 'it started with a little kiss ...'