Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067620 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9015 on: May 12, 2014, 10:37:22 pm »
Indeed.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9016 on: May 12, 2014, 10:43:57 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9017 on: May 13, 2014, 01:03:28 am »
Ooooo! Feel the burn! ;D
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #9018 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:28 am »

Or maybe it was a good pick because he was projected as a third or fourth round pick, and they picked him up late in the seventh round?

Uh...also he's not center.  He's a DE which means he'll be fucking Quarterbacks up.

Ironbite-and then goes home to a very cute white boy.

I think the center comment was meant to suggest that he would enjoy having the quarterback's hands on him.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9019 on: May 14, 2014, 01:17:48 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9020 on: May 14, 2014, 03:08:00 am »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9021 on: May 14, 2014, 04:46:50 am »
(click to show/hide)
This does make one thing clear, that Groudon is by far the superior Hoenn legendary. It's not only at a type disadvantage, but also confined to tiny islet of rock in the middle of a huge lake, and yet despite all that, it's still able to hold its own against Kyogre.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9022 on: May 14, 2014, 09:55:41 am »
I know we have a few Finns on this board, so I'm hoping one of them can speak to the accuracy of this picture:

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9023 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:30 am »
I know we have a few Finns on this board, so I'm hoping one of them can speak to the accuracy of this picture:

Mostly true:

No uniforms.

No entrance exams apart from vocational schools universities and such.

No fees for public schools but there are a few privaticed schools which apparently have some fees (Far less than 1% of kids go to those schools.)

No inspections.

Typically school starts on the year when you turn 7, BUT: if parents wish to do so and based on some test a child can be sent to school one year earlier (or later.) For example my wife was sent to school one year earlier than normal. BUT2: Pre-school is the year before the school starts and a new law made it mandatory.

Children CAN be divided into special classes but only if they have a disability, learnin problem or something else that means that they need specialized education.

Kids may address the teachers by first names but it is not uncommon to use the family name either. (Depends on region. My wife says she never called a teacher by their last name but where I'm from we used to do that. Not because it was mandatory or something but it just seemed more comfortable/appropriate.)

It is rare for a child to get more than 30 minutes of homework. At higher levels this is more common but not for kids.

This information comes from me and my wife Anna (who is a teacher.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9024 on: May 14, 2014, 12:47:53 pm »
The pic about Finland's education style is all true. Watch the episode called Education of "Inside Man" with Morgan Spurlock on Netflix or Hulu. What most influences these excellent results in Finland, is that teachers are highly trained, with many more years of college, the culture in general has a healthy level of respect and trust, and the kids are treated like kids, not bodily containers of brains that must be filled with facts, assembly line style.

Also, there is almost no curricula testing, they don't waste time and money and stress on that shit. They put all the effort into actually engaging and interactively informing students, training them to expand on their natural desire to figure things out by inculcating critical thinking, exploration, and experimentation as a process whereby to gain knowledge. They learn how to learn effectively, and enjoy school very much.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #9025 on: May 14, 2014, 06:21:16 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #9026 on: May 14, 2014, 08:24:02 pm »
At least it's better than this one.  It was the logo for the Detroit Tigers in 1927 and 1928.

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #9027 on: May 14, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »
I didn't know they had MS paint in those days.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #9028 on: May 14, 2014, 09:25:36 pm »
That's apparently a redrawing of the original.  There just aren't many good images of the original.  Here's the best I could find.

They wore it on the back.

(click to show/hide)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9029 on: May 16, 2014, 08:16:37 pm »