Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067814 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9285 on: July 04, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »
Fucking Raichu is such a dudebro.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9286 on: July 04, 2014, 11:38:47 pm »

A simple mistake, when you are using Tediore guns you need to throw it at your enemies BEFORE it explodes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9287 on: July 05, 2014, 01:35:22 am »
What's with people who hold guns by or very very close to the magazine?  I've seen so many people doing it.  I don't know much if anything about gun hadling but it just looks so unstable and I assume there's a good reason why foregrips don't attach down by the magazine.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9288 on: July 05, 2014, 02:07:57 am »

EDIT:

Scandinavia and the World, just as hilarious however many times you read it.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:18:22 am by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9289 on: July 05, 2014, 02:18:33 am »
What's with people who hold guns by or very very close to the magazine?  I've seen so many people doing it.  I don't know much if anything about gun hadling but it just looks so unstable and I assume there's a good reason why foregrips don't attach down by the magazine.

When I'm shooting my AR you'll likely see me with my left hand either right in front of or actually on the magazine well. With the way my arms and muscles are, if I can bring my grip in close to my body then it becomes much more comfortable. I can also jam my elbow down into my sternum and turn my arm into something of a brace. For me, it allows me greater stability if I can get my grip close to the rifle's center of gravity as well as taking a lot of strain off my arms. End result for me is improved comfort, accuracy and stamina for longer shooting periods.

There are other schools of thought, though. Some tell you to extend your arm as far out as you can. I've tried and while I noticed it gives more stability than gripping the rifle in the middle of the barrel, it is roughly the same (for me) as when I pull my hand in close and grip the mag well. But it has a downside of being an isometric workout; my arm gets fatigued extremely quickly. Of course, those are my experiences. Your mileage may vary.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9290 on: July 05, 2014, 02:31:51 am »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9291 on: July 05, 2014, 03:05:41 am »

When I'm shooting my AR you'll likely see me with my left hand either right in front of or actually on the magazine well. With the way my arms and muscles are, if I can bring my grip in close to my body then it becomes much more comfortable. I can also jam my elbow down into my sternum and turn my arm into something of a brace. For me, it allows me greater stability if I can get my grip close to the rifle's center of gravity as well as taking a lot of strain off my arms. End result for me is improved comfort, accuracy and stamina for longer shooting periods.

There are other schools of thought, though. Some tell you to extend your arm as far out as you can. I've tried and while I noticed it gives more stability than gripping the rifle in the middle of the barrel, it is roughly the same (for me) as when I pull my hand in close and grip the mag well. But it has a downside of being an isometric workout; my arm gets fatigued extremely quickly. Of course, those are my experiences. Your mileage may vary.
Yeah, there are different schools. Holding the front hand by the magazine well was one of the methods I was taught in the military and I liked it. Seemed like it worked with the rifles we had at least.

Then again, sometimes I hold the arm really far back, basically holding the stock of the rifle on my palm when using my hunting rifle. Which works well when shooting at a target practise but is not that good for followup shots with a bolt action rifle since reloading is a bit more complicated in that stance.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9292 on: July 05, 2014, 03:42:18 am »
Someone on tumblr asked non-Americans to fill out a map of the USA.  There are the results:

(click to show/hide)

That last one is my favorite.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9293 on: July 05, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »
Honestly, they all did wayyyyyy better than the average American would in trying to identify countries in Europe, or Provinces in Canada, or States in Australia. Learning all the 50 States' names, locations and capital cities used to be a requirement to graduate middle school when I was a girl. Seriously fucking doubt it is any more. And that's not such a bad thing. There is not a whole lot of practical use to memorizing all that, unless you want to teach Civics to school kids, run for President, or be a freight plane pilot for UPS, or manage the Miss America or Miss USA pageants.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #9294 on: July 05, 2014, 05:45:17 pm »
I'm OK with states, but state capitals is too much, and what really gets to me is how every single state has a nickname for some reason; "The Nutmeg State" (Connecticut), "The Buckeye State" (Ohio), "The Flyover State" (Wyoming), "The Pointless Now Land Speed Records Happen Elsewhere State" (Utah), etc.

It doesn't happen in the UK, although some councils try, and maybe it should. "The Trades-Too-Much-Off-Robin-Hood County" (Nottinghamshire), "The Fuck You, Margaret Thatcher County" (South Yorkshire), "The Will-Not-Give-You-Superpowers County" (Cumbria), "The Shyster City" (Greater London), "The Contains Grantham (You Have Been Warned) County" (Lincolnshire)...
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9295 on: July 05, 2014, 09:32:46 pm »

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #9296 on: July 06, 2014, 02:12:50 am »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9297 on: July 06, 2014, 02:55:43 am »
Somebody should post this on Tumblr with all the appropriate tags.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #9298 on: July 06, 2014, 04:05:16 am »
How can there possibly be an "Other" category after all that?!
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9299 on: July 06, 2014, 06:12:27 am »
What, no "Mortal Man Doomed To Die"?

Apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien...
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues