Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067333 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #10005 on: November 21, 2014, 12:59:28 am »

Sure...take the busiest, most miserable day of the employees' year and make it even more miserable.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10006 on: November 21, 2014, 01:23:49 am »

Holy Overcompensation, Batman! I haven't seen a gun of that size outside of Warhammer 40K. What does it shoot? Rail Death Bullets?

20mm Lahti Anti tank rifle. The ammo was originally used by German anti-air guns.

Unfortunately by the time we got the production going (it had been delayed due to politics and rivalry between two weapons designers, Lahti and Saloranta. The latter was a general and used his rank to hinder Lahti's work.) Soviet tanks were too thickly armoured to be destroyed by anti-tank rifles. ...So the rifle got a new life as anti-sniper weapon. Soviet snipers liked to set up huge metal plates to their sniper nests and were protected from 7.62mm rifles but 20mm armour piercing and exploding ammo ruined their day. Incendiary ammo was also used to start fires or drive snipers out of trees because we Finns are a cruel nation with a wicked sense of humour.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #10007 on: November 21, 2014, 01:44:03 pm »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #10008 on: November 21, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »
That's a Finnish anti tank rifle. Japan had one that was like twice that size.

That's odd.  You'd expect huge military equipment from Russia.

Russian equipment is generally simple, inexpensive, and rugged. They didn't really make needlessly massive equipment except for a handful of experimental shit. If anything, Soviet equipment's biggest flaw is being heavy or not having the best ergonomics.

I'm saying this as a lover of all things Cold War Soviet Army.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #10009 on: November 21, 2014, 09:59:02 pm »

Those peashooters can't penetrate Chobham armor, can they?
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #10010 on: November 21, 2014, 10:22:49 pm »
Feh, enough of pussy non MERICAN countries. MERICA HAS THE BIGGEST GUNS, AND YOU GODDAMN REDS/SMALLER NOT MERICA COUNTRIES BETTER KNOW IT! YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!

*Eagle flies past, then immediately explodes into a burst of patriotic color.*

YEAH!

MERICA BUILDS WEAPON WHICH SHOOTS FREEDOM GRENADES AND FREEDOM BULLETS, THEN DECIDES IT AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR MERICA'S PURPOSE OF SUBDUING THE UPPITY MUSLIMS TARRORRISTS.

SO....

MERICA BUILDS GATLING GUN OF FREEEEEEDOOOM!

THEN MERICA REALIZES THE RECOIL HURTS LIKE A BITCH! SHIT!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:26:14 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10011 on: November 21, 2014, 10:33:57 pm »
I forgot to mention this: The Japanese anti-tank rifle had a bayonet lug. The gun that needed two soldiers to carry and move it had a bayonet, which had to be attached during battles, because the Japanese military had an order that all rifles and machine guns must have a bayonet for close quarters combat...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #10012 on: November 21, 2014, 10:40:22 pm »
I forgot to mention this: The Japanese anti-tank rifle had a bayonet lug. The gun that needed two soldiers to carry and move it had a bayonet, which had to be attached during battles, because the Japanese military had an order that all rifles and machine guns must have a bayonet for close quarters combat...

Yeah, the Japanese military did a lot of stuff in World War II that made no sense.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #10013 on: November 21, 2014, 10:56:36 pm »
Warning: Not Safe For Childhood:

Pubic lice:

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10014 on: November 21, 2014, 11:06:38 pm »

I would love to see a group of soldiers try to do a bayonet charge with that thing. It would be the funnies/greatest thing I'd ever see.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10015 on: November 21, 2014, 11:38:24 pm »

I would love to see a group of soldiers try to do a bayonet charge with that thing. It would be the funnies/greatest thing I'd ever see.

They would probably carry it like a battering ram...

*US Marine Billy Johnson is advancing with his platoon in enemy territory, everyone is at edge looking for targets and fearing that one scream, that one word... And there it is "BANZAIIII!" Out of their foxholes and hiding places the Japanese soldiers jump up and charge at the marines, as the Billy fires back and furiously cycles his M1903 rifle he looks for his next target and stops... Four tiny asian men are running towards him with a comically oversized rifle, their faces blushed and covered in sweat as they run and stumble with the 150 lb weapon with a sword attached to its barrel. Too late to recover from his shock the men Japanese upon him and run him through with the massive bayonet.*

Such was the war in the pacific.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #10016 on: November 22, 2014, 07:45:04 am »

Holy Overcompensation, Batman! I haven't seen a gun of that size outside of Warhammer 40K. What does it shoot? Rail Death Bullets?

20mm Lahti Anti tank rifle. The ammo was originally used by German anti-air guns.

Unfortunately by the time we got the production going (it had been delayed due to politics and rivalry between two weapons designers, Lahti and Saloranta. The latter was a general and used his rank to hinder Lahti's work.) Soviet tanks were too thickly armoured to be destroyed by anti-tank rifles. ...So the rifle got a new life as anti-sniper weapon. Soviet snipers liked to set up huge metal plates to their sniper nests and were protected from 7.62mm rifles but 20mm armour piercing and exploding ammo ruined their day. Incendiary ammo was also used to start fires or drive snipers out of trees because we Finns are a cruel nation with a wicked sense of humour.

Jeez, remind US not to go to war with the Finns.
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #10017 on: November 22, 2014, 08:10:28 pm »

Offline jackdaw

• Neonate
  • Templar knight
« Reply #10018 on: November 23, 2014, 03:03:01 pm »
Cain said: Truly I am Mahan, the master of this great secret, that I may murder and get gain. Wherefore Cain was called Master Mahan,
and he gloried in his wickedness.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10019 on: November 23, 2014, 05:42:20 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.