Author Topic: Zimmerman has suffered enough...  (Read 7028 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Zimmerman has suffered enough...
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »
Besides which Zimmerman's defence is basically that he is a gigantic pussy. Seriously he has a few inches and something like a 100 pounds on the kid and sees himself as some sort of vigilante warrior. Once the fight was on the ground zimmerman's weight advantage would have been in full effect. Let's also not forget how much stronger you are as a full grown man than from a teenager.

So basically if he gets off he will be known as the guy who was really gung-ho but in fact got owned by a scared kid. And if he is convicted he will be known as a guy so scared that he just shoots young kids walking home.

The guy is the coward's killer. Hardly much mystique.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »
Bearing in mind that rabid fanboys and fangirls are in their own reality in the first place.  Our logic and reasoning, even when it comes to emotions, is as useless to them as a bottlecap in a hockey match.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 07:32:34 pm »
You probably have a point there Magus Zacksi but there is no way Zimmerman can be rationalised (or even fantasised) with anything other than pants wetting fear of a young kid.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:37 pm »
They ought to amend the charges to 1st degree murder, I am positive he wanted those Skittles. 

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »
Zimmerman is 5 feet 8 inches tall, 195 pounds at that time, Martin was 6 feet tall, 150 pounds. Mesomorph versus ectomorph.

I think Zimmerman either tapped or grabbed at Martin while he was still on the phone with Jeantel. She heard Martin say, Get off! Get off!, right as the mobile headset hit the grass. I think Martin layed out Zimmerman with a good, hard punch to the face that toppled Zimmerman backwards and down onto the sidewalk, where the back of his head snapped back from momentum and hit the cement.

Martin had damage to only his right hand, small abrasions to 2 knuckles, and no other wounds aside from the bullet wound in his chest. Other than when throwing one good punch right at or near the start of the fight, I think Martin became definitely aware of the pistol, either because he saw it, felt it against his body, or saw Zimmerman's hand moving to the holster as he lay on his back from that nose-breaking punch, which would scare the shit out of anyone, whether it's dim and dark, or lit by a street light. That motion is tell-tale.

Zimmerman says he struggled to find his mobile phone in the pocket of his pants. He probably did, but later on. What he was reaching for while Martin looked on was his pistol. Zimmerman knew that too, so the focus for both men was to get control of that weapon, with a lot of grabbing and wrestling and some lighter jabs or hard slaps to prevent the other from getting a grip on it. So think about that scenario - both men are desperate and frantic to get at that pistol. Either or both of them could be the voice or voices screaming for help heard in the 911 calls.

If only he was not in the habit to go grocery shopping with a holstered pistol, the only danger Zimmerman would have posed to anyone that night would've been maybe boring them to death. I seriously doubt he would have followed Martin so closely.

Seriously, this dope told the interviewer at the PDHQ that there was "no way, no sir" that Martin could have seen his pistol, because, "I walk around with it on me at Walmart all the time. Nobody has ever seen it." Um, actually, with that same jacket, all he had to do was be observed while reaching for a jumbo bag of chips at shoulder level for the pistol to show. I guess nobody ever found him interesting enough to glance at, or no one wanted to have a friendly chat with an armed shopper.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 10:25:47 pm »
Concealed carry is actually regularly foiled by poor clothing choice. It takes very little to get a shirt or jacket to ride up, and you're probably not carrying in a shoulder holster. Even exposing a small amount of your waistline can expose the bottom of an exterior holster. Even if you've got a holster that fits into your waistband rather than hanging off your belt, you can still expose the butt of the gun (this happened when a man was helping me with a goat who had his head stuck in a fence, and he accidentally exposed the gun at the small of his back).

There's also plenty of other ways to tell if someone has a gun. Along with the obvious bulge that can be felt or sometimes seen (especially during a struggle), people with a concealed weapon tend to walk differently to keep the gun in a comfortable position, including holding onto the gun as they run or step off a curb or out of a vehicle. Someone who may be ready to draw may also approach or talk while conspicuously keeping their hand where they can quickly pull it out (such as walking with a hand at one hip).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:20 pm »
So far in what I have read or watched, I have not heard if Zimmerman had any wounds on his hands. If he was being "ground pounded" (straddled and punched repeatedly), he should have had some defensive wounds on his hands and bruising on his forearms.  If he and Martin were wrestling over control of the pistol, you would think there would be either some bruising, abrasions, or a swollen wrenched finger joint or two, or some indication of a forceful hand hold on his right wrist, with bruising or swelling or soreness or friction abrasions from the cloth of his jacket and shirt on that wrist.

Did not hear the physician's assistant who examined him the next morning mention anything at all about Zimmerman's hands. Or see anything about that elsewhere. I find that disturbing. It would mean that Martin did not even manage to get a good grip on Zimmerman's weapon hand. Maybe all of the loud squeaking sounds of tennis shoes scuffling, heard by the closest witnesses, was from Martin and Zimmerman swinging each others' body around by grabbing each others' clothes.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 01:04:31 am »
So far in what I have read or watched, I have not heard if Zimmerman had any wounds on his hands. If he was being "ground pounded" (straddled and punched repeatedly), he should have had some defensive wounds on his hands and bruising on his forearms.  If he and Martin were wrestling over control of the pistol, you would think there would be either some bruising, abrasions, or a swollen wrenched finger joint or two, or some indication of a forceful hand hold on his right wrist, with bruising or swelling or soreness or friction abrasions from the cloth of his jacket and shirt on that wrist.

Did not hear the physician's assistant who examined him the next morning mention anything at all about Zimmerman's hands. Or see anything about that elsewhere. I find that disturbing. It would mean that Martin did not even manage to get a good grip on Zimmerman's weapon hand. Maybe all of the loud squeaking sounds of tennis shoes scuffling, heard by the closest witnesses, was from Martin and Zimmerman swinging each others' body around by grabbing each others' clothes.

There was a news update 3 hours ago on Zimmerman's injuries, with a medical examiner deeming them "insignificant" and likely the result of a single blow. Specifically that they match up with exactly what you said previously: a single punch to the face, followed by the back of his head hitting the pavement as he fell.

Said examiner clarified that this doesn't prove that he only took one hit, but it does bring to question his claim of self-defense: either Martin only made one or two actual blows on him, or Martin's attacks were so insignificant that he couldn't cause any serious injury in the first place. Either way, it seriously makes it doubtful that Zimmerman's story of Martin slamming his head into the ground or beating the shit out of him is true.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

wrightway

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 05:03:18 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/expert-no-martin-dna-gun-grip-200653214.html

Martin's fingerprints were not on the gun. Zimmerman's DNA was not under Martin's fingernails. Hopefully this will help the prosecution's case.

I do love how the defense is threatening to bring up things they were forbidden to talk about in open court.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 05:40:16 pm »
They want a mistrial.  They really do.  It's the only way to get him off.

Ironbite-seriously how dumb can this guy be?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 05:44:08 pm »
Can't they charge the defense with contempt of court for pushing the issue of trying to bring things up that they were told not to?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 06:06:52 pm »
Yeah which results in a...MISTRIAL!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2013, 01:26:12 pm »
... well, fuckshit.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."