Author Topic: "Just sprinkle some crack on 'em"  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
"Just sprinkle some crack on 'em"
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:55:54 am »
...Or in this case: Toy guns.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xvzwp/baltimore-cops-carried-toy-guns-to-plant-on-people-they-shot-trial-reveals-vgtrn?utm_source=vicefbus

One officer involved in the city's massive corruption scandal said officers kept the replicas "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them."

Yes, Baltimore's finest have been carrying toy guns in their cars or on them for the sake of framing people if they accidentally kill an unarmed person. Now, this was discovered during a separate investigation into their activity and the courts haven't proven yet that anyone has been killed and framed like this but...

But the BB gun testimony is particularly disturbing in light of 12-year-old Tamir Rice's death in 2014, the 13-year-old in Baltimore who was shot twice by cops in 2016 after he allegedly sprinted from them with a replica gun in his hand, and the 86 people fatally shot by police in 2015 and 2016 who were spotted carrying toy guns.

...Yeah, they totally killed a bunch of innocent people and got away with it.

Seriously though, the saddest part in this is that police officers can get away with murder (or manslaughter) just by dumping a toy gun on a body. Not even a real gun. Just drop a toy on the body and the courts will go "looks like another case of 'oopsy daisy' so I guess there's no harm done and we'll let the cop walk free. Sorry about your loss, family of the innocent person who died."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: "Just sprinkle some crack on 'em"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:14:46 am »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: "Just sprinkle some crack on 'em"
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 02:25:09 pm »
...Or in this case: Toy guns.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8xvzwp/baltimore-cops-carried-toy-guns-to-plant-on-people-they-shot-trial-reveals-vgtrn?utm_source=vicefbus

One officer involved in the city's massive corruption scandal said officers kept the replicas "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them."

Yes, Baltimore's finest have been carrying toy guns in their cars or on them for the sake of framing people if they accidentally kill an unarmed person. Now, this was discovered during a separate investigation into their activity and the courts haven't proven yet that anyone has been killed and framed like this but...

But the BB gun testimony is particularly disturbing in light of 12-year-old Tamir Rice's death in 2014, the 13-year-old in Baltimore who was shot twice by cops in 2016 after he allegedly sprinted from them with a replica gun in his hand, and the 86 people fatally shot by police in 2015 and 2016 who were spotted carrying toy guns.

...Yeah, they totally killed a bunch of innocent people and got away with it.

Seriously though, the saddest part in this is that police officers can get away with murder (or manslaughter) just by dumping a toy gun on a body. Not even a real gun. Just drop a toy on the body and the courts will go "looks like another case of 'oopsy daisy' so I guess there's no harm done and we'll let the cop walk free. Sorry about your loss, family of the innocent person who died."

What the fuck!? AARRRGGH!!!

Okay, got that out of my system. When people abuse their authority in such cruel ways, my blood starts boiling.

There may be precedent to change that. In 2015, SCOTUS ruled that intent is crucial in online harassment cases. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but I think the case might be applicable.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.